The Education Forum

Are moderators “ accountable” to members of this forum? One doesn't think so.

Len Colby

The reason I hid a post I authored is on display for all mods and admins to read and it is time stamped. The post is available to be read by mods and admins. My motivation now for leaving the post in its current status is because I am accountable to them, but not to you

uh.... isn't that the other way around Len...

YOU and I are accountable to the moderators and each other.... if the MEMBERS followed the rules there'd be little need for Moderation.

If we RESPECTED each other's right to be wrong, or atleast try, there would be NO NEED for moderation.

my .02

YOU and I are accountable to the moderators and each other.... if the MEMBERS followed the rules there'd be little need for Moderation.

If we RESPECTED each other's right to be wrong, or atleast try, there would be NO NEED for moderation.

my .02

You should practice what you preach.

my .02

It should work both ways, think of them as the forum's cops. You and I are accountable to cops if we break the law or if they have reasonable grounds for suspecting we have or in other situations when their orders to do or not do certain things are legally binding. OTOH Cops are answerable to the public especially if they abuse their authority or if there is reasonable grounds for suspecting they have.

Edited by Len Colby

my .02

It should work both ways, think of them as the forum's cops. You and I are accountable to cops if we break the law or if they have reasonable grounds for suspecting we have or in other situations when their orders to do or not do certain things are legally binding. OTOH Cops are answerable to the public especially if they abuse their authority or if there is reasonable grounds for suspecting they have.

In that same vein Len... we've given the cops the POWER to carry a gun and MAKE US do the right thing or be removed...

They are accountable to US and the same code of conduct they enforce (this is what most power hunger cops forget... THEY are bound by the same rules)

We, the people, do the right thing for fear of the consequences, or for the personal satisfaction of doing things "right".

When the MODS or COPS are seen doing anything against either 1) the standards of the group/community/city or 2) the standards set for themselves... then they are accountable... and supposedly FIRST to their peers for breaking the laws of the "group" and then second to the people.

When the peers condone the poor behavior of the "cops" and rally agains the people's need for fairness... okay, problem. but until that time, the people, imo, are more accountable to EACH OTHER, than to the mods and THEN to the mods...

Whereas for the mods it's the other way around.... the MODS say "come play on our street, but we've got rules to play by...." THEIR RULES. You wanna play, know the rules.

One Mod says to another, "Hey, you can't let them do that on YOUR street corner, take care of that!"

as oppsed to a group of "people" getting together and deciding that the MODS are not moderating the people WE want them to in the manner WE want.

MODS are not accountable to the people HERE... unlike cops, who are placed there BY US for OUR protection against those that REFUSE to follow the rules - they ARE accountable to us.

Mods, in general, are accountable to each other and the common sense laws of respect.

DJ

Mr. Ragu

I could care less who you are...

more important to us here is the BS you post and the fact you believe it and are interested in convincing others....

What you are doing is obvious and planned.... you seriously believe that the people working on this for the past 10-20 years MISSED THAT BIG GUY WITH A PISTOL BEHIND BDM you seem to see in Betzner, Willis and Moorman.

And you will hear no more about it. He MUST be there since YOU see him.

That is not research, or accountability.... it reeks of someone being paid to take a fringe CT stance and make it look as foolish as possible while remaining serious about it.

Or someone who specifically does not want to take the time to RESEARCH and AUTHENTICATE

but rather POST and HOPE.

MAYBE, just maybe, if you posted a question, "Is this here? Does anyone else see this? Could there EVER have been a person here?"

and get open feedback from the forum, your posts might not be thought of so poorly... and avoided at all costs

just a thought

DJ

What you are doing is obvious and planned.... you seriously believe that the people working on this for the past 10-20 years MISSED THAT BIG GUY WITH A PISTOL BEHIND BDM you seem to see in Betzner, Willis and Moorman.

And you will hear no more about it. He MUST be there since YOU see him.

DJ

Yes they did miss that guy. You should read the history of that Betzner photo and how the HSCA did/did not use it.

I spend a lot of time responding to your insults to me. And when I do respond to your insults I am blamed for flooding the thread.

In all cases, in which Mr. Scully has accused me of flooding the thread I was responding to insults directed at me by either DiEugenio or Josephs. We do have a right to defend ourselves I believe but Mr. Scully is intent on taking that right away from me. I have no doubt, since he holds all the cards, that he will ultimately be successful.

Edited by Mike Rago

Guest Robert Morrow

One of the moderators has no problem violating the rules of EF himself. And the moderators in general decided to arbitrarily moderate me for political reasons, after I had violated NONE of the rules of Education Forum. I guess they can't handle the fact that JFK was a compromised sex freaking, that RFK was boning the widow and that Lyndon Johnson put a bullet in the head of JFK before the Kennedys could put a knife in him.

Oh yes, and some of the moderators are fans of that lip-biting serial rapist Bill Clinton, the pervert in chief!

my .02

In that same vein Len... we've given the cops the POWER to carry a gun and MAKE US do the right thing or be removed...

They are accountable to US and the same code of conduct they enforce (this is what most power hunger cops forget... THEY are bound by the same rules)

We, the people, do the right thing for fear of the consequences, or for the personal satisfaction of doing things "right".

When the MODS or COPS are seen doing anything against either 1) the standards of the group/community/city or 2) the standards set for themselves... then they are accountable... and supposedly FIRST to their peers for breaking the laws of the "group" and then second to the people.

When the peers condone the poor behavior of the "cops" and rally agains the people's need for fairness... okay, problem. but until that time, the people, imo, are more accountable to EACH OTHER, than to the mods and THEN to the mods...

Whereas for the mods it's the other way around.... the MODS say "come play on our street, but we've got rules to play by...." THEIR RULES. You wanna play, know the rules.

One Mod says to another, "Hey, you can't let them do that on YOUR street corner, take care of that!"

as oppsed to a group of "people" getting together and deciding that the MODS are not moderating the people WE want them to in the manner WE want.

I'm not really sure what you are going on about but Scully's comment is a reflection of his arrogance. He insulted me without provocation and (IMO) violated the forum's rules in the process, then he hid his post from ordinary members. When called on this he said he was not “accountable” to me and said he acted “transparently” because his post and reason for making it disappear is visible to about a dozen of this forum's thousands of members. Don't you think a moderator should be accountable members they insult? Do think he acted “transparently”?

This is hardly the 1st time he's displayed an “I'm above the rules” attitude; a few months ago he admonished David Healy for 'questioning [my] motives' and deleted the offending part of Healy's post but a few hours later did the exact same thing.

MODS are not accountable to the people HERE... unlike cops, who are placed there BY US for OUR protection against those that REFUSE to follow the rules - they ARE accountable to us.

Mods, in general, are accountable to each other and the common sense laws of respect.

So by your logic cops are not accountable to people visiting their jurisdiction because they had no role in 'placing' them?

DJ

then excuse me Len...

I prefer not to get into an argument over this.... your situation, you deal.

My mistake for even posting.

DJ

Nice cop out (no pun intended). So if a mod. insulted you, you would think he or she should be "accountable" to you?

Edited by Len Colby

Len... with the amount of insulting that goes on, i guess my hide has gotten much tougher - (all you need do is read any of the Lamson/Paul May crap I constantly dealt/deal with)

If a MOD insulted me I would trust that the other MODS would be more instrumental in affecting change or censure, than I would directly.

You're not exactly and innocent angel Len... the only accountablility is to leave the forum and take your expertise elsewhere... or let those that insult stand alone - they make their own beds...

After the last couple years, I doubt Mr. Lamson, Mr. May and now Ragu are taken seriously anywhere they go....

The MOD is accountable to the rules... and to any request by membership to adhere to those rules... they are not accountable to me, imo.

DJ

I'm surprised you so kowtow to authority.

I also take quite a few on the chin but take umbrage when unprovoked noxious remarks are directed at me by Scully because he's a mod. Why should any of us follow the rules if he couldn't be bothered?

Guest Robert Morrow

I'm surprised you so kowtow to authority.

I also take quite a few on the chin but take umbrage when unprovoked noxious remarks are directed at me by Scully because he's a mod. Why should any of us follow the rules if he couldn't be bothered?

Tom Scully does think he is "above the law" - able to break the rules of Education Forum must because he is a moderator. In that respect he reminds me of Charles Drago over at the Clown Factory.