The Education Forum

Please document this RFK quote on the JFK assassination - Thanks!

Guest Robert Morrow

http://www.tommillerbooks.com/

His research files for The Assassination Please Almanac have been archived. See Subseries 3: http://www.azarchive...=;brand=default

Edited to add:

I've been thinking about this since I looked at Tom Miller's book, but I hesitate in posting it because my memory is so vague.

I really believe that I read a more detailed account of the student(s) that approached Robert Kennedy after he gave his speech.

They had cornered RFK privately, because they were incredulous that he still supported the Warren Commission. It was written

first person by the student that was there. For the life of me I can't remember where I read it, or even be positive that I did.

Maybe my mind is playing tricks, but I really think that I have read the back story on that a long time ago. It might have been in a

tabloid or an underground newspaper.

In any event, since Miller apparently archived his research, the answer might be attainable by someone that cares enough to track it down.

Edited by Michael Hogan

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jim, I'm not trying to contravene Lifton, as it doesn't matter to me either way, I'm just trying to find out what RFK really said.

Yes, totally trash Davis, Farewell America and McAdams,throw them out the window, but just because Lampert was there, doesn't mean RFK didn't say something privately to someone in response to a question afterwards, as is implied.

RFK didn't say something about it in his speech, but he must have said something about it afterwards, probably in response to a question, as there are too many references to it and they are all different.

Still on the table are the references to RFK aides Richard Lubic (to Bill Turner) and Frank Mankiewicz (to David Talbot) both of whom seem to confirm that RFK said something to that effect and the Boston Globe (March 26, 1968) also published a reference to him saying something about the assassination, even though it seems to be that he would not reopen the investigation. He must have said something about it.

Boston Globe - Mar 26, 1968

Robert F. Kennedy on Monday evoked cheers and thundering applause as he addressed a crowd of about 12000 at San Fernando Valley State College. .. that If became President would not reopen the Warren Report -

http://www.salon.com...4/09/15/warren/

Wednesday, Sep 15, 2004 02:38 PM EDT

.....On March 25, during a presidential campaign rally at San Fernando Valley State College in California, Kennedy was dramatically confronted by a woman heckler, who called out, “We want to know who killed President Kennedy!” Kennedy responded by saying, “I stand by the Warren Commission Report.” But at a later campaign appearance, days before his assassination, Bobby Kennedy said the opposite, according to his former press spokesman Frank Mankiewicz. When asked if he would reopen the investigation into his brother’s death, he uttered a simple, one-word answer: “Yes.” Mankiewicz recalls today, “I remember that I was stunned by the answer. It was either like he was suddenly blurting out the truth, or it was a way to shut down the questioning — you know, ‘Yes, now let’s move on.’”

In his presentation at "Making Sense of the Sixties," this year's Cyril Wecht-sponsored symposium at Duquesne, William Turner offered the following:

"In May 1968 RFK's California campaign aide, Richard Lubic, tracked me down by phone in [Jim] Garrison's office to advise, 'after he's elected, [bobby Kennedy] is going to go. He's going to reopen the investigation [of JFK's death].' When I conveyed the glad tidings Garrison broke into a Cheshire cat grin.

While doing research for the book I'm presently writing, I found an archived audio tape of the speech RFK gave at San Fernando Valley College. Here's the link:

http://archive.org/details/RobertFKennedyAtSanFernandoValleyStateCollege

As you can hear, RFK did tell the students that he supported the Warren Report. Note- I didn't notice the date of the speech before, noticing instead that it was delivered "shortly before" his assassination. It was indeed in March, so perhaps there was a later speech there, in which he said something else.

I believe the source of this quote may be Mark Lane, who gave a PBS television interview in New Orleans the day the California polls closed, before Robert was assassinated. He publically spoke about Kennedy's message, passed to him via Jim Garrison, that if he was elected President, he would open a new investigation and blow the whole case open.

Writer Jack Anderson was in the audience, a guest that same day, and asked Lane questions. Anderson later told Lane he had written a column about Lane's announcement, titled "Ominous Prophecy".

As far as Lane is aware, it went unpublished.

Lane wrote about this event in his recent book Last Word: My Indictment of the CIA in the Murder of JFK.

While this certainly doesn't count as a public statement by Robert Kennedy, (it's heresay the way it was passed on), the event's incredible timing- Lane giving the televised interview virtually as Kennedy is about to be shot, really left me gasping when I read it. I have to think Mark Lane felt dreadful and a bit guilty as well as very frightened at the time. Think about how it would make you feel, if you were the one deciding to spill the beans with such a disasterous thing happening immediately thereafter.

The book is an interesting read, as is his even more recent autobiography, Citizen Lane.

FWIW: I don't believe the Mark Lane version of this story either. It doesn't matter what somebody writes today about what they claim they said then. Produce the evidence. You write that reading Lane's account "left me gasping when I read it." Sorry, but lets see the evidence--the real-time evidence. What I remember very clearly is this: Sylvia Meagher (and others) were all rather skeptical when, within hours of RFK's death, Lane started spreading the word about an emissary with a message. How convenient. And now, its in a book? Oh pleez.

I hope you folks reading this understand that if Bobby Kennedy stood up before any crowd in any public place and said anything like that, it would have been major news, and reported widely.

Instead, we have the incident at Valley College where he said he believed the Warren Report, and would not re-open the investigation. And, as I said, that was reported again, and again, and again, throughout the day.

If someone wants to claim that Bobby Kennedy said something different in a public forum --anywhere--then produce the audio evidence. Not some story about what someone says they recall, decades later, about a column they supposedly wrote, etc etc.

And again, I point out: i'm open to the notion that Bobby Kennedy had a different "private" position--but, if so, then that's exactly what it was. A private position.

What's interesting about the Tom Scully post is that he has simply tracked the propagation of an urban legend. But the fact that it got propagated (and the story has proliferated) doesn't make it true.

DSL

1/20/13; 10 pm PST

Los Angeles, California

Edited by David Lifton

I hope you folks reading this understand that if Bobby Kennedy stood up before any crowd in any public place and said anything like that, it would have been major news, and reported widely.

Instead, we have the incident at Valley College where he said he believed the Warren Report, and would not re-open the investigation. And, as I said, that was reported again, and again, and again, throughout the day.

If someone wants to claim that Bobby Kennedy said something different in a public forum --anywhere--then produce the audio evidence. Not some story about what someone says they recall, decades later, about a column they supposedly wrote, etc etc.

And again, I point out: i'm open to the notion that Bobby Kennedy had a different "private" position--but, if so, then that's exactly what it was. A private position.

What's interesting about the Tom Scully post is that he has simply tracked the propagation of an urban legend. But the fact that it got propagated (and the story has proliferated) doesn't make it true.

I think most of the posters on this thread are simply trying to track down the original source of what David Lifton refers to as an "urban legend."

Certainly it was not John Davis, as DSL's 1994 Compuserve message implied.

Lifton quoted Davis as writing in 1984 that those remarks were told to "an audience of students at San Fernando State College on June 3, 1968."

Tom Miller's 1977 book stated that RFK made the exact same remarks "to several students at San Fernando State College, June 3, 1968."

There is a subtle difference in the two claims.

As Jim suggested and I noted, it could be a simple matter to contact Tom Miller and ask him the source of the RFK quote that he included in The Assassination Please Almanac.

I don't know who David thinks is claiming that Robert Kennedy actually made that comment "before any crowd in any public place" or "in a public forum -- anywhere." Certainly, I don't believe that.

It would appear unlikely, based on RFK's public record and information produced in this thread, that he said any such thing in a public forum. Either to 'an audience of students' (I.e. from the stage/podium) or to 'several students' (I.e an informal gathering, perhaps after the event).

IF he said it at all, it would have been to a personally trusted figure. For example, Schlesinger or some member of the family.

This fits with DSL's concept of a public face vs a private opinion.

Just my conclusion based on what I've read here.

from his website : opportunities to talk to him.

''

FORTHCOMING

January 6-13, 2013 (Sun.–Sun.)

"Literary Havana"

group leader

Havana, Cuba

January 29, 2013 (Tuesday)

5:30 p.m.

“Writing on the Edge: Borderlands Reading”

Copper Queen Library

Bisbee, Arizona

April 3, 2013 (Wednesday)

10 a.m.

“Writing on the Edge: Borderlands Reading”

Sun Lakes Library

(near) Chandler, Ariz.''

http://www.tommillerbooks.com/

It would appear unlikely, based on RFK's public record and information produced in this thread, that he said any such thing in a public forum. Either to 'an audience of students' (I.e. from the stage/podium) or to 'several students' (I.e an informal gathering, perhaps after the event).

IF he said it at all, it would have been to a personally trusted figure. For example, Schlesinger or some member of the family.

Martin, the distinction is this: If RFK made those remarks to an audience of students at SFS College, it would have been

recorded and widely reported, which it was not. That is the basis for much of DSL's argument.

If instead the alleged remark was made to "several students," it is much less likely that an audio recording was made or

that the remark would have been widely reported.

I don't think anyone is disputing that the remark is likely apocryphal. But at the very least, it would be interesting to know

the provenance of the allegation. That might be where Tom Miller comes in.

On the third anniversary of President Kennedy's death, it was reported that Arthur Schlesinger Jr called for a new and "very intensive"

Congressional investigation into President Kennedy's murder. Schlesinger had not read the Warren Report.

http://news.google.c...stigation&hl=en

Someone must have had his ear.

Edited by Michael Hogan

Martin, the distinction is this: If RFK made those remarks to an audience of students at SFS College, it would have been

recorded and widely reported, which it was not. That is the basis for much of DSL's argument.

If instead the alleged remark was made to "several students," it is much less likely that an audio recording was made or

that the remark would have been widely reported.

I don't think anyone is disputing that the remark is likely apocryphal. But at the very least, it would be interesting to know

the provenance of the allegation. That might be where Tom Miller comes in.

On the third anniversary of President Kennedy's death, it was reported that Arthur Schlesinger Jr called for a new and "very intensive"

Congressional investigation into President Kennedy's murder. Schlesinger had not read the Warren Report.

http://news.google.c...stigation&hl=en

Someone must have had his ear.

Michael,

Thanks for digging up (and providing the link for) that Arthur Schlesinger report. I had never heard of that one before (and, I can assure you, I tried to collect evrything). I don't know anything about this particular AP reporter, but I note that the remarks were made when --for some reason, perhpas a speaking engagement--Arthur Schlesinger was in Mississippi. What you have quoted is an AP dispatch that was published--of all places--in the Nevada Daily Mail. (I suppose, of course, that it was published elsewhere as well).

Now Schlesinger, you will recall, says in the big bio on RFK that RFK suspected Lyndon Johnson of being involved in (or behind) his brother's death, and that he (Schlesinger) retorted "Bob, get real."

This, I think, shows you Schlesinger's "take" on all this. More important, it show's Bobby's. I don't think there's any question that Bobby Kennedy thought Lyndon Johnson was involved with, or behind, his brother's death. According to Schlesinger, he said just that. But the issue is one of evidence, and Bobby never put his cards on the table--at least not publicly; so we don't know exactly what he had, by way of evidence, or what he thought.

Also, on the subject of RFK and LBJ: there's an Oral History I have read where Johnson himself says that Bobby was suspicious of him, so much so that Johnson opined about his concern (in the first 24-36 hours, approx) that Bobby might take legal steps to stop the succession.

This is very serious stuff--and I have little doubt about Bobby's suspicions (or Lyndon Johnson's fears, as to where those suspicions might lead, i.e., what action AG Robert Kennedy might take).

Its for this very reason--the true importance of "what Bobby thought, and when he thought it"--that I personally (and I'm only speaking for myself) find it difficult to take seriously the notion that Bobby Kennedy would make remarks (informally) to some students at a junior college in California. I also resent it when I see someone making up stories--released within hours of RFK's death--that he sent an emissary to Garrison, etc etc. (Again, those following this may also be interested in the report by David Heymann that Garrison actually spoke with RFK briefly, and when he (JG) told Bobby that if it was his brother, he would do something about it.) At that point, Bobby hung up the phone.)

There's no question in my mind that Bobby Kennedy was very interested in what Garrison was doing--and if he felt it genuine, I can see a situation where he might have joined in (so to speak). But I don't believe he thought it genuine, and --through Walter Sheridan--came down on the opposite side, and in fact tried to discredit Garrison.

All who follow this should also keep in mind the experiences of Ray Marcus. In 1967, he spent an evening with two of RFK's aides, showing them photo blowups of the Moorman photograph (which appear to show images of at least one man behind the fence on the knoll) and by the end of the evening, they (the aides) were debating whether they should tell Bobby about this evidence--and what good would it do, if they did. Also, Ray actually received a brief typed letter which appears to have been personally written by Bobby saying that he (and the family) appreciated his efforts.

Again, this is more in line with the Talbot thesis--that Bobby had a public and a private position on his brother's murder. And that, I certainly do believe.

DSL

1/22/13; 3 AM

Los Angeles, California

Edited by David Lifton

Guest Robert Morrow

Can you please furnish a citation to Schlesinge's Robert Kennedy and His Times in which RFK tells Schlesinger that he suspects Johnson was behind his brother's death?

I have just read the pages dealing with the JFK murder and its aftermath in that book and can't find that info. Further, Talbot's book is the definitive work on the subject I think, and I don't recall that being in there either.

Schlesinger does say that RFK thought the WC did a poor job. (p. 644)

BTW, I finally found the part of the book in which RFK says that McCone thought there were two people shooting.(p. 643)

Please, do not use David Heymann for anything anymore, OK? How many different ways does a guy have to be discredited for him to be finally thrown overboard?

DiEugenio, when it comes to the sex lives of JFK, RFK & Teddy Kennedy, David Heymann is probably more reliable than anyone in print.

Schlesinger is quoted in Heymann's RFK on the following quote. Additionally, I think I also saw Arthur Schlesinger say the same thing in a documentary that for a while Robert Kennedy was convinced that Lyndon Johnson was behind the JFK assasination. I can not remember which documentary that I think I saw it in. However, given RFK's attempts to execute Lyndon Johnson in the fall, 1963 and given the nasty relationship of the Kennedy-Johnson feud, it seems like a natural that Robert Kennedy would place Lyndon Johnson very high on his lists of suspects in the JFK assassination. Evelyn Lincoln, who knew all about the attempts to drop LBJ from the 1964 ticket, placed LBJ at the top of her lists of suspects for the JFK assassination that she wrote on 11/22/63 literally while on Air Force One.

At one point Robert Kennedy was convinced that Lyndon Johnson had murdered John Kennedy

Arthur Schlesinger:

"We tried to perpetuate the myth by convincing ourselves that we were good and that LBJ was evil. I remember one time Bobby telling me he was convinced that Lyndon was behind his brother's death. 'Come on Bob. Get real.' I said. His other theory had it that Richard Nixon and Howard Hughes were somehow involved. He hated them both. 'Nixon's a true slimebucket,' he said. 'And I should have investigated Hughes years ago.'"

[C. David Heymann, "RFK," p. 365]

BTW, looking at Schlesinger's book, he has RFK in San Francsico on June 3rd, then in Long Beach and then in San Diego.

He does not mention San Fernando Valley College.

I think someone should put together an itinerary for June 1-3 for the RFK campaign to see if RFK was at this place in that interim.

RFK's secretary kept his daily meetings log - and it's a shame that the entire year of 1963 is missing, 1968 should be there - at the JFK Library in Boston.

Ok. And what about the veracity and documentation of this quote?

In May of 1968, Richard Lubic, an aide to Robert Kennedy, called William Turner and told him, "After he's elected, Bobby's going to go. He's going to reopen the investigation."

I think William Turner has stated that.

Good Day Robert.... Is that the same Richard Lubic that was/had been a Time Magazine staff manager who (sometime) later claimed that the original Zapruder film was stolen from the vault at the Time-Life New York headquarters in 1968, then, several days later the film was returned to the vault?

Best Regards in Research,

++++Don

Donald Roberdeau

United States Navy

U.S.S. John F. Kennedy, CV-67, plank walker

Sooner, or later, The Truth emerges Clearly

For your key considerations....

Homepage: President KENNEDY "Men of Courage" speech, and Assassination Evidence, Witnesses, Suspects + Outstanding Researchers Discoveries and Considerations....http://droberdeau.bl...ination_09.html

The Dealey Plaza Map Detailing 11-22-63 Victims precise locations, Witnesses, Films & Photos, Evidence, Suspected bullet trajectories, Important information & Considerations, in One Convenient Resource.... http://img835.imageshack.us/img835/3966/dppluschartsupdated1111.gif

(new info, 2012 updated map)

Visual Report: "The First Bullet Impact Into President Kennedy: while JFK was Still Hidden Under the'magic-limbed-ricochet-tree' ".... http://img504.images...k1102308ms8.gif

Visual Report: Reality versus C.A.D. : the Real World, versus, Garbage-In, Garbage-Out....http://img248.images...ealityvscad.gif

Discovery: "Very Close JFK Assassination Witness ROSEMARY WILLIS

Zapruder Film Documented 2nd Headsnap: West, Ultrafast, and

Directly Towards the Grassy Knoll"....

http://educationforu...?showtopic=2394

T ogether

E veryone

A chieves

M ore

For the United States:

advisory7regional.gif

http://www.dhs.gov/dhspublic/

Edited by Don Roberdeau

Ok. And what about the veracity and documentation of this quote?

In May of 1968, Richard Lubic, an aide to Robert Kennedy, called William Turner and told him, "After he's elected, Bobby's going to go. He's going to reopen the investigation."

I think William Turner has stated that.

Good Day Robert.... Is that the same Richard Lubic that was/had been a Time Magazine staff manager who (sometime) later claimed that the original Zapruder film was stolen from the vault at the Time-Life New York headquarters in 1968, then, several days later the film was returned to the vault?

Best Regards in Research,

++++Don

Donald Roberdeau

United States Navy

U.S.S. John F. Kennedy, CV-67, plank walker

Sooner, or later, The Truth emerges Clearly

For your key considerations....

Homepage: President KENNEDY "Men of Courage" speech, and Assassination Evidence, Witnesses, Suspects + Outstanding Researchers Discoveries and Considerations....http://droberdeau.bl...ination_09.html

The Dealey Plaza Map Detailing 11-22-63 Victims precise locations, Witnesses, Films & Photos, Evidence, Suspected bullet trajectories, Important information & Considerations, in One Convenient Resource.... http://img835.imageshack.us/img835/3966/dppluschartsupdated1111.gif

(new info, 2012 updated map)

Visual Report: "The First Bullet Impact Into President Kennedy: while JFK was Still Hidden Under the'magic-limbed-ricochet-tree' ".... http://img504.images...k1102308ms8.gif

Visual Report: Reality versus C.A.D. : the Real World, versus, Garbage-In, Garbage-Out....http://img248.images...ealityvscad.gif

Discovery: "Very Close JFK Assassination Witness ROSEMARY WILLIS

Zapruder Film Documented 2nd Headsnap: West, Ultrafast, and

Directly Towards the Grassy Knoll"....

http://educationforu...?showtopic=2394

T ogether

E veryone

A chieves

M ore

For the United States:

advisory7regional.gif

http://www.dhs.gov/dhspublic/

Don, Bill Turner might be able to answer that question. I doubt Robert can.

More on Schlesinger here:

JFKfacts » CIA chief told RFK about two shooters in Dallas

Edited by William Kelly

• 4 years later...

I joined this forum this week for the specific reason of adding my research to this post. It has been awhile since I have been interested in the JFK assassination. It would not surprise me if the Cubans had something to do with it, but I have seen nothing that sways me from the lone nut position. I did not even know that Vincent Bugliosi had included me in his end notes until a friend asked me why my name was in it. In prep for the release of the documents, I finally bought his book last week. He found the post I made to alt.conspiracy.jfk dealing with this subject. Most of the time when I posted there, I only showed a little of my work. I expected debate on facts, I got ridiculed for who I was. That being said, I feel I should provide you with my research into this specific area.  

Before 1994, the information for this quote was always very consistent. I kept seeing it over and over again.  

"I now fully realize that only the powers of the Presidency will reveal the secrets of my brother's death."

—Robert Kennedy, San Fernando Valley College, June 3, 1968, two days before he was assassinated. I had seen both San Fernando College and San Fernando Valley College used with the quote. 

Who: Robert Kennedy
What: "I now fully realize that only the powers of the Presidency will reveal the secrets of my brother's death."
Where: San Fernando Valley College
When:  June 3, 1968 

Even I believed it. But at the same time, it was too perfect of a quote. Like everything in the assassination mess, in order to see what is really there you need to go to the original sources. I thought it would be easy to go to the original sources find out what was really said.  I thought it was going to be the quote enhancement problem. Take a perfectly good quote and modify enough to make it look better for your cause. A simple exercise that should take an hour to figure out in a 1995 first rate research library. I worked at the Space Telescope Science Institute so I had access to the Johns Hopkins library. 

I first saw this problem when I was in college and was writing a research paper in my English class about the assassination. We had to have a Xerox documenting all of our quotes. My rough draft used a Xerox from 6 Seconds In Dallas for the John Connolly quote.  My professor made me go to the NY Times for the original and I found the following:

Quoting from Connolly's interview from the November 28th New York Times with Martin Agronsky as published in
SIX SECONDS IN DALLAS:

We heard a shot. I turned to my left. I was 
sitting in the jump seat
. I turned to my left 
in the back seat. The President had slumped. 
He had said nothing.
    Almost simultaneously, as I turned, I was 
hit, and I knew I'd been hit badly, and I said
-- I knew the President had been hit - and I 
said, "My God, they're not going to kill us 
all" (The New York Times, Nov. 28, 1963).

The original quote from the NYT is in one paragraph of the NYT, it had not
been split, But I will leave it here for so you can compare against the Six Seconds In Dallas version:

We had just turned the corner, 
we heard a shot, I turned to my left,
and the the President had slumped. 
He had said nothing.  
As I turned, I was hit, and I knew 
I had been hit badly, I knew the President 
had been hit and I said, "My God,
they're not going to kill us all."  
Then there was a third shot and
the President was hit again.
(The New York Times, Nov. 28, 1963, page 28 Col. 1)

Notice the bolded additions to the quote by Thompson. He put words in Connolly's mouth. I wonder how many researchers blindly copied this quote from Six Seconds in Dallas and never went to the original source.

I was expecting to find a speech and the mangling of a quote. I went to the Jun 4, 1968 papers and found nothing. I thought maybe they were off a few days so I pulled the fiche for the LA Times and San Francisco Chronicle for the first week of June.

Both papers had stories of the Kennedy campaign, and through them I could track his movements day by day. In each paper I started on the June 1st and followed every article until he was murdered. He was never reported during that time frame to be at San Fernando Valley College.  So I can confidently say that the when was wrong. RFK was never there to give a quote in the first week of June. Plus why would Kennedy be at a college in June, the students were gone.

I was at the Johns Hopkins library, I returned the fiche and went down to the stacks and sat in the area where the RFK books were. I started perusing books that might have campaign material in them. I found one and started reading. In my post to alt.conspiracy.jfk I say the book that gave me the clue was called 85 Days. After just paying $1.99 to have it delivered to my Kindle, I find the real title is 85 Days: The Last Campaign of Robert Kennedy. On Page 96, there is a mention of San Fernando Valley State College in California. It is during a weekend trip to California. 

I now had a match to the Who and the Where. The book 85 days mentioned nothing about the assassination dust up. I mentioned in the alt.consiracy.jfk post that a London Times Reporter was there, but 85 days has no mention of this. I must have read more books that 85 days. But it was over 20 years ago.  But I now had a new starting point. I obviously looked at other books after I found this before I went upstairs to get the fiche, as I knew a London Times reporter was there and did read the London Times article while in Hopkins.

It took me 5 minutes to find what I was looking for.  Here is the AP story. 

Los Angeles, March 25 (AP) - Senator Robert Kennedy met a barrage of
questions today on whether if elected President he would open the
United States archives to reveal details of the assassination of his
brother, President John Kennedy.

"I would not reopen the Warren Commission report".  Mr.
Kennedy told students at San Fernando Valley state college.  "I have
seen everything that's in there.  I stand by the Warren Commission."
He did not elaborate on whether he would open the archives.

Several times the senator,  campaigning for the Democratic
presidential nomination, tried to ignore questions from students.  He
became obviously more distressed as they persisted.  Finally, he said:
"your manners overwhelm me.  Go ahead, go ahead, ask your questions."

A student shouted: will you open the archives?"

Mr. Kennedy said:  "Nobody is more interested than I in
knowing who is responsible for the death of President Kennedy."

An aide said it was the first public statement of this kind.
The Warren Commission found that Lee Harvey Oswald alone assassinated
President Kennedy. 

End of story

I chose the AP story as it would be seen all over the country. I personally saw it in 3 different newspapers I pulled fiche for. This is what I will call the complete story as some paragraphs were missing in 2 of the papers. 

So we now have.

Who: Robert Kennedy
What: "I would not reopen the Warren Commission report".  "I have seen everything that's in there.  I stand by the Warren Commission."
Where: San Fernando Valley College
When:  March 25, 1968

85 days give no further mention of San Fernando Valley College beyond the page 96 listing in the index that got me to here. So that looks to be the only time he was there during the campaign. I have no inclination to chase that down any further/  

Clark Merrill

Mr. Kennedy said:  "Nobody is more interested than I in
knowing who is responsible for the death of President Kennedy."