The Education Forum

Has anybody noticed all the anti-conspiracy shows playing on tv recently?

Need I list the shows? But the channels are rather interesting to note. Could we have a mockingbird?

National Geo Channel

Smithsonian Channel

Military Channel

Military History Channel

Pentagon Channel (Yikes!)

Wealth TV (?)

Discovery

TLC

truTV

Science Discovery

Investigation Discovery

I think the best description for these channels and their anti-conspiracy shows can best be summed up in the truTV motto:

"Not Reality. Actuality." ?????? And war must be peace and peace must be war......

Hey, hey, the gang's all here...

Smithsonian Channel--joint venture between Showtime (Viacom--which also owns CBS--owned by Summer Redstone) and the Smithsonian Institution (U.S. Government)

Pentagon Channel--owned by Defense Media Activity (U.S. Government)

Military History Channel--owned by A & E networks ( a joint venture co-owned by ABC (Disney) and The Hearst Corporation (yes, the Hearst Corporation), with NBC (owned by NBC Universal, formerly owned by GE but now owned by Comcast) as a minority owner

National Geo Channel--owned by FOX News Corp (Rupert Murdoch)

truTV--owned by Turner Communications (Time Warner)

Discovery--owned by Discovery Communications (the Newhouse family)

Military Channel--owned by Discovery Communications (the Newhouse family)

TLC--owned by Discovery Communications (the Newhouse family)

Science--owned by Discovery Communications (the Newhouse family)

Investigation Discovery--owned by Discovery Communications (the Newhouse family)

Wealth TV--owned by Herring Broadcasting (the Herring family)

Edited by Pat Speer

Hey, hey, the gang's all here...

Smithsonian Channel--joint venture between Showtime (Viacom--which also owns CBS--owned by Summer Redstone) and the Smithsonian Institution (U.S. Government)

Pentagon Channel--owned by Defense Media Activity (U.S. Government)

Military History Channel--owned by A & E networks ( a joint venture co-owned by ABC (Disney) and The Hearst Corporation (yes, the Hearst Corporation), with NBC (owned by NBC Universal, formerly owned by GE but now owned by Comcast) as a minority owner

National Geo Channel--owned by FOX News Corp (Rupert Murdoch)

truTV--owned by Turner Communications (Time Warner)

Discovery--owned by Discovery Communications (the Newhouse family)

Military Channel--owned by Discovery Communications (the Newhouse family)

TLC--owned by Discovery Communications (the Newhouse family)

Science--owned by Discovery Communications (the Newhouse family)

Investigation Discovery--owned by Discovery Communications (the Newhouse family)

Wealth TV--owned by Herring Broadcasting (the Herring family)

I hear a mockingbird! LOL! TD

I've heard of Operation Mockingbird. I believe it's acquiring media assets and having them tell something untrue. It's what was behind Geraldo Rivera getting a job at FOX and leaving CNBC. At the end of one show, with some man sitting next to him, appropos of nothing on the show, Rivera shook his head as if amazed at people's stupidity. "Lee Harvey Oswald killed President Kennedy from behind. There was no conspiracy." The next week he had "bad tidings." He was leaving JonBenet Ramsey for awhile but promised to follow the case. When people were protesting about 9-11 being an inside job, he said, "Get a life." Is he so stupid he doesn't know that it was an inside job? He sold his soul to the devil. But he screwed up bigtime when he was showing how are soldiers were going to go into a maneuver. He had a stick and was drawing it on the sand like a map. He got in trouble and they brought him home.

Kathy C