The Education Forum

Josiah Thompson - The Untrue Fact About The JFK Assassination

Steve Mcdonagh

Hello Everyone

I am very much interested in knowing what your opinions are ‘specifically’ to Josiah Thompson's claims that he distributed a “fact” he no longer believes in some 47 years later?

Now I know there is another thread on this forum that initially seemed to be attempting to extract similar opinions about the same subject, but it has (in my opinion after reading the first seven pages) sadly not been successful. Furthermore it does not contain the name ‘Josiah Thompson’ in the title which makes it difficult to Google search if you are not familiar with Josiah’s nickname.

Below is a link to a YouTube clip where Josiah “Tink” Thompson outlines and freely admits the mistake he made nearly half a century ago. Interestingly towards the end he adds a Dictaphone recording apparently taken in Dealey Plaza to the Zapruda film and they appear to align remarkably well. It is a truly fascinating and humble confession and for laypeople and un-fanatical followers of the JFK case (like me) it is very convincing.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/pgHllYzzFWc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Oh and please be respectful to this site and the subject matter at hand. I know there are a lot of smart people on this site and some of you have skills and knowledge many of us can only dream of so try to refrain from using this thread as a medium to open old wounds, settle old scores, spout none topic related theories or just being ignorant and offensive to each other. Some of you may not realise that publicly engaging in these things damages the credibility of this great forum and (more often than not) deters both readers and members from reading and participating.

Courtesy, respect and tolerance won’t cost you anything bar a little patience.

I look forward to your valued comments. Thanks

Kind regards – Steve

PS: Just in case the embedded clip doesn't work it can be found here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgHllYzzFWc

It is a truly fascinating and humble confession and for laypeople and un-fanatical followers of the JFK case (like me) it is very convincing.

I look forward to your valued comments. Thanks

Kind regards – Steve

in a few words, what is convincing?

Edited by David G. Healy

Hi David

Sure.

The explanation of blur which appears to show the forward or elongated movement we see on the film.

Zapruda’s reaction to the fatal shot (causing camera movement and in turn blur) would seem natural if a shot was fired close to where he was filming.

The audio recording (in the clip) suggests there were four shots and the timing of shots two and four align with the film.

The short timeframe between shots three and four (on the audio) is consistent with witnesses who said they heard a pause followed by two quick reports or shots.

What about you. Can you share your opinion of the video and audio and what are your views on Josiah Thompson admitting his mistake after 47 years?

Kind regards – Steve