The Education Forum

Hard to say. He looks like a DPD detective.

Interesting bit of info from Wikipedia:

"The primary market for the Model 8 was sport hunting. The Model 8 was used as a police gun, modified to use detachable extended capacity magazines, among other changes. It is noted as the rifle of choice of famed Texas Ranger Frank Hamer.[4] Hamer's rifle was a customized .35 Remington Model 8 with a special-order 15 round magazine from Petmeckey's Sporting Goods store in Austin, Texas. He was shipped serial number 10045, and this was just one of at least two Model 8's used in the ambush of Clyde Barrow and Bonnie Parker.[4] The rifle was modified to accept a "police only" 20 round magazine obtained through the Peace Officers Equipment Company in St. Joseph, Missouri.["

Looks like Fritz walking behind him.

Coincidentally, the Model 8 had the same scope mounting problems as the 6.5 Carcano.

http://i1224.photobucket.com/albums/ee363/Traveller111/imagesCAZKM37L_zps863133af.jpg

thanks everyone, great work...

I just thought that looked a little strange..almost as if "naw Chet already brought in the murder weapon earlier...you can put that one back in the car.."

My thought it "who walks around a crime scene with a rifle when there are 100 Keystone cops there".

but after all, it is Texas...That behaviour wouldn't be out of place at a birthday party for a twelve year old so...