The Education Forum

Hidell Hardware in Dallas- close to General Walker's place

Thanks to Chris Simondet for the following:

"Just last week I found out from an old paper that there was a place in Dallas called Hidell Hardware - and it just happened to be right near General Walker's house..and nobody's made the connection before."

3605 Inwood Rd, Dallas, TX 75209

"It was even closer in 1963 - 4507 Travis St, which is just off the interstate - on the way to Walker's from the way Oswald would have been coming (from the south). I'm still working on it - but the only reference I've found to the potential connection made in the past is that the FBI asked the family who ran the store if they knew of an AJ Hidell - apparently there was an uncle named Alex Hidell they hadn't heard from in years, and it stopped at that. I don't read anything into that, myself, but that seems to be as far as it went."

Edited by Vince Palamara

Hi Vince:

If anyone wants to pursue this subject matter further they can check out the following FBI references which deal with the Hidell Hardware store matter. As one will see when you read these documents, it eventually becomes a he-said, she-said back and forth with the various FBI field offices considering the matter a dead issue, leaving it as one of those we will pursue no further issues, "UACB" - unless advised to the contrary be the Buearu HQ - which never happened.

105-82555-1478

105-82555-1713

105-82555-1423, which is actually a report generated out of the San Antonio FO, bearing the number SA-105-2906; the references to the Hidell Hardware store matter can be found in the "Miscellaneous II" section, beginning at page 12.

FWIW

Gary Murr