The Education Forum

Ian Lloyd

If when you started you said "stay signed in", every time you go to the Forum it should try to log you in.

I would have thought you would have the login screen with username & password pre-filled rather than actually login in, but I might be mistaken.

Ian:

I am having exactly the same "problem" as you - and I also see exactly the same as you do on the login screen. Are you using Google Chrome? Or do you sometimes access the forum from an iPad? I do both, and have wondered if either of them is the cause of the anomaly, particularly the iPad.

Chris.

Even stranger - when I open the forum page, it says I'm signed in but when I click on a topic, the reply box doesn't appear, as if I'm not actually signed in. I had to sign out then sign in again. All of this on Chrome. On IE, it seemed to be ok and didn't show me as signed in or have my name on the bottom of the JFK home page.

Seems to be a Chrome thing.

Ian:

Same here - almost certainly a Chrome issue, and not the first one, either. I used to use IE, but it was so slow, and the access speed improved significantly when I went to Chrome. However, I'm having access problems with another forum also, when using Chrome, but it also works perfectly in IE.

Oh, well, we clearly can't win 'em all!

Chris.