The Education Forum

Who Wrote the Walker Letter?

Paul, I'm afraid I'll just have to wait for you to find the specific reference, I certainly don't think you can say something that specific is implicit in his writing. I had the opportunity to spend a good deal of time with

Gaeton, discussed the Odio affair at length with him and specifically talked about who might have visited Odio. Certainly he thought Odio was telling the truth and was sincere. However I cannot recall any point

at which he stated he believed that Hall and Howard had been the individuals visiting her - I recall a very different opinion on his part about Hall and Howard. However if you can find that specifically in his book I will

fault my memory and cede the point.

-- Larry

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish to ask a simple question.

Who, if anyone, has (i.e., can produce proof of) a fact pertaining to JFK's murder.

I ask for the person's name and the fact.

If the answer is silence (sometimes called chirping), I say there are no facts relating to JFK's murder other than the tautological fact he was killed by one or more third parties.

As for Greg Parker, he will have to stew in his own juices. He's responsible for creating much of this messed up record on the Internet

David,

I'm sorry but I cannot be held responsible for you giving 5 different versions of the same story. That's not a mess of my making.

(Aside: it is worth noting that the details of Oswald's letter do not match the content of the Ft. Worth news reports--i.e., the news stories do not contain (insofar as I am presently aware) any information about a "riot on a high school grounds in Ft. Worth." I do not mean to imply that such an event --or events--did not occur; just that they are not included in any "Ft Worth news stories" of which I am presently aware).

David, I have made a commitment to be more accommodating here, so let me try and help resolve this. We are dealing with a person whose memory we know with absolute certainty was fallible (i.e. 1958 vs 1956). Can we really nip pick about the about the type of school it was?

This story in regard to Austin mentions an elementary school. Close enough?

7703979spokane_daily_chronicle_9.3.56_ft

Who, if anyone, has (i.e., can produce proof of) a fact pertaining to JFK's murder.

If the answer is silence (sometimes called chirping), I say there are no facts relating to JFK's murder other than the tautological fact he was killed by one or more third parties.

A perfect recipe for a justice system that can never produce justice...

Well, Robert, in fact Greg Parker's argument is based on one expert who offered only a grammatical Error Count, and admitted that the analysis was "incomplete."

I don't take that as a conclusion, but rather, as that Russian language expert himself insisted -- only a beginning.

Nor did the expert say that OSWALD wrote "in very good Russian" while he was in the USSR -- but only that there were fewer grammatical errors in the USSR writing.

Nor did the expert share exactly what those errors were. We simply take his word for it that there were "more" and that's that.

How many more? Ten percent more? Fifty percent more? A hundred percent more? Five hundred percent more? We are not told.

What types of grammatical errors? The same types of errors as in the WALKER letter? Or different? In what ways? We are not told.

My argument is this -- all other things being equal, when Lee Harvey OSWALD was in the USSR, he was treated like a young prince. He made almost as much money as the Director of the Minsk Radio Factory (thanks to the Red Cross) and he was lucky to be assigned the new apartment complex -- the envy of the neighborhood. Marina wasn't his first girlfriend in the USSR.

So, in the USSR, Lee OSWALD was feeling good -- perhaps happy for the first time in his life. Yet in 1962, after he moved back to the USA, he was making $1.25 an hour as a welder, and living with his nagging mother, with his wife smirking in the background.

He moved out as soon as he could, but the Russian Exile community was more friendly with Marina than with him -- and also they had plenty of money, and pitied Lee. Lee beat Marina for the first (and perhaps only) time there in Fort Worth.

In Dallas, OSWALD was beset by George DM, Volkmar Schmidt and Michael Paine regarding the news about Edwin WALKER, who had recently been released from an insane asylum for his role in the Ole Miss race riots, and then, in January 1963, was acquitted of all charges in those riots by an all-white Mississippi Grand Jury.

The small island of young yuppie engineers in Dallas was outraged, and they conspired to brainwash OSWALD to join them in their misery.

OSWALD did snap under all this pressure, and he chose to murder Edwin WALKER. He had at least one other accomplice in this, and the planning had gone on for perhaps two solid months -- early February to early April 1963.

Now comes the night of the shooting and the WALKER letter. Lee is nervous. He is sweaty. He writes this note in a hurry. Is it possible that he would make more than his usual quota of grammatical mistakes in the WALKER letter? It is possible and probable.

So, we should listen to Greg Parker's generous friend more than to Greg, IMHO, since Greg seems to jump to a conclusion, while his generous, Russian speaking friend insisted at the end that 'more analysis is needed.'

Regards,

--Paul Trejo

This isn't quite right, Paul.

He did explain his methodology and give some examples of errors:

About my methodology: I will rewrite it in Russian as it is (and as I can read it), and then I will give a version, how the same sentence should look if written correctly (or at least more correctly); I also will mark mistakes with bold. If needed, I also will give verbatim translation to show where way of expression is incorrect. Here also I would to remark that WC translation given under each note, while is correct in terms giving the meaning of text, however, it does not reflect `clumziness` of language and idiomatic mistakes.

Walker note, Chapter 1:

Эта клуч почтовый ящику почтам главнем, находиться городу, на улице ERVAY тот же улице где апека где ты всегда стояла. 4 блоков от апека на эту улицу к почтаму там наидёш наш ящику. Я платил за ящику прошем месяце, так ты не переживаеш об этом.

Now, the more correct version: Это ключ к почтовому ящику в главном почтамте, который находится в городе, на улицеERVAY - та же улица, где аптека, где ты всегда ждала. 4 кварталов от аптеки на той же улице к почтамту ты найдешь наш ящик. Я заплатил за ящик в прошлом месяце, так что не волнуйся об этом.

So, if translate original text in English, keeping its actual meaning, it would sound something like this: "This is key mailbox main post office located city, on ERVAY street same street where is drugstore where you always stood. 4 blocks from drugstore this street to main post office there you'll find our mailbox. I did pay for mailbox last month, so you are not emoting about it."

I would like to remark most significant mistakes:

- lack of equivalents of English words `to`, `for`, `of` and `in` in original text;

- writing `stood` instead of `waited`, as it should be semantically;

- there is no word `блок` in Russian, if referring to city blocks. In Russian this meaning is expressed by word `квартал`. However, author uses `блок`, and it is nothing but russified English word.

- Author uses incorrect expression in very end of chapter. It is obviuos he wanted to say: `so you should not worry about it`, however he actually said: `so you are not emoting about it`. I.e., his choose of word is wrong - the word used by author translates in English as `emote`.

Walker note, Chapter 2:

Посылай посольстве информацию что со мной случилось и так же отрезай из газета (если в газета что-нибудь о мне пишет). Я думаю что посольство быстрее тебе поможит когда знало всё.Now, as the same should sound if written correctly: Посылай посольстве информацию, что со мной случилось, так же посылай вырезки из газеты (если в газете будут чего-нибудь обо мне писать). Я думаю, что посольство тебе быстрее поможет, если будет знать больше.

However, this one chapter is better than previous, beggining of sentence is very good, in general there problems with text just before brackets. Obviously, author wanted to say: "send cuttings from newspapers to Embassy, too", however he actually said: "cut from newspaper, too", and `cut` in his sentence is verb, not noun. I am not sure, how significant is this difference in English, but in Russian it is.

Walker note, Chapter 3:

Я платил за дом на 2ои число так не переживаеш об этом.

Rescript: Я заплатил за дом 2го числа, так что не волнуйся об этом.

Minor errors, however, mistake from chapter 1 with wrong word choice (`emote` instead of `worry`) reccurs here.

Walker note, Chapter 4

За води и газ тоже платил недавно.

За воду и газ тоже заплатил недавно.

This one is really nice, only one mistake of orthography, however stylisticly clumsy (by the way, like other sentences, too). I guess in this case WC translation is good, stating `Recently I also paid for water and gas` - the very correct form of English should be `I also paid for water and gas recently`, right?

Walker note, Chapter 5:

Возможно что денги с работу будет, они посылает нашу ящику на почтам. Поидеш банк и

Возможно, что деньги с работы поступят, их посылает в наш ящик на почтамте. Пойдешь в банк и.

Last sentence never ends on this page. The end of first sentence of original text verbatim means very close to: `they send our mailbox to main post office`. The very last sentence verbatim reads `Go bank and`.

He went on to do similar analysis of "in Russia' letters.

As for his opinion, here it is...

"However, now I think I can say for sure that first chapter of Walker note contains more mistakes than some of `While in Russia` notes in total. So, if they all are written by the same person, this person significantly lost his skills during 2 years period, from 1961 to 1963. Of course, I am not linguistic expert in any way, but for me Walker note does not look consistent with `While in Russia` notes, since last ones indicates better knowledge of Russian."

In short, Ruth's writing was the best, followed by the author of the "in Russian letters, and author of the Walker letter a distant third. He further was of the opinion that the author of the Walker letter was not the same person as the author of the "in Russia" letters. But as he states clearly, he is not qualified in this field, so you are free to dismiss part or all of what he says.

My personal opinion is that Ruth wrote the Walker letter and in doing so, tried to emulate what she thought was Lee's very poor grammar. She simply over did it. There is (again just in my opinion) more to it than what I am saying, but as others do, I am saving some things for my book.

(Aside: it is worth noting that the details of Oswald's letter do not match the content of the Ft. Worth news reports--i.e., the news stories do not contain (insofar as I am presently aware) any information about a "riot on a high school grounds in Ft. Worth." I do not mean to imply that such an event --or events--did not occur; just that they are not included in any "Ft Worth news stories" of which I am presently aware).

David, I have made a commitment to be more accommodating here, so let me try and help resolve this. We are dealing with a person whose memory we know with absolute certainty was fallible (i.e. 1958 vs 1956). Can we really nip pick about the about the type of school it was?

Your post states: “This story in regard to [Lloyd] Austin mentions an elementary school. Close enough?”

My response: No. Not at all.

A “called meeting of residents. . . at the Riverside Elementary School” is entirely different than a “riot on a high school grounds in Ft. Worth.” However, I have additional information and, when time permits, will post it.

DSL

5/3/15 – 6 p.m. PDT

Los Angeles, California

Your post states: “This story in regard to [Lloyd] Austin mentions an elementary school. Close enough?”

My response: No. Not at all.

A “called meeting of residents. . . at the Riverside Elementary School” is entirely different than a “riot on a high school grounds in Ft. Worth.” However, I have additional information and, when time permits, will post it.

DSL

5/3/15 – 6 p.m. PDT

Los Angeles, California

Nothing gets past you, David.

But don't bother posting anything on my account. I also have more that's already in the manuscript for publication later this year.

I do find it curious David, that you found additional information between April 29 (when you stated that you knew of nothing that indicated problems at a high school) - and today.

I also find it curious that you seem far more interested in this story now than you claim to have been back in 1995.

I do find it curious David, that you found additional information between April 29 (when you stated that you knew of nothing that indicated problems at a high school) - and today.

I also find it curious that you seem far more interested in this story now than you claim to have been back in 1995.

Greg Parker:

You're excessively suspicious.

A third party who was reading this thread sent me additional information.

Regardless of what you find "curious," sometimes a rose is just a rose.

Similarly for cigars.

Similarly for data about Fort Worth in September 1956.

As previously stated on this thread, my focus on Lee Oswald in Ft. Worth goes back decades--and (as previously stated)--I interviewed Palmer McBride by phone in September 1994, and then on camera, in a professionally filmed interview on October 2, 1994 at his home in Sun Valley, California. (Substantial excerpts from the transcript of that interview have already been posted on the "Two Oswald Explained" thread on this forum).

Also, the following month, Debra Conway (at my request) spent substantial time at the Fort Worth Library examining microfilm records of the Ft Worth Star Telegram.

N.B.: To put this in perspective, all of this took place some four to six years before before you first read Tony Summers book, which (according to your own statements) marked the start of your research in the Kennedy assassination.

One other date that folks reading this thread might keep in mind: today (May 3, 2015) is the second anniversary of the death of Palmer McBride, who knew Oswald when both were messengers at the Pfisterer Laboratory in New Orleans in the Spring of 1956. Further: it was McBride's incorrect statement in his November 23, 1963 affidavit to the FBI (Warren Commission Exhibit 1386, in which he said he knew Oswald in 1958) that was a principal starting point for Armstrong in postulating his "two-Oswald" theory (since, by 1958, Oswald was in the Marines and serving in Japan and other locations in the Far East).

DSL

Sunday, 5/3/15 - 7:10 PDT

Los Angeles, California

Edited by David Lifton

One other date that folks reading this thread might keep in mind: today (May 3, 2015) is the second anniversary of the death of Palmer McBride, who knew Oswald when both were messengers at the Pfisterer Laboratory in New Orleans in the Spring of 1956. Further: it was McBride's incorrect statement in his November 23, 1963 affidavit to the FBI (Warren Commission Exhibit 1386, in which he said he knew Oswald in 1958) that was a principal starting point for Armstrong in postulating his "two-Oswald" theory (since, by 1958, Oswald was in the Marines and serving in Japan and other locations in the Far East).

Any suspicion I have revolves around certain timings which I haven't made you privy to.

On the matter above, I am happy to report we are in absolute lockstep.

Jon, not silent and not chirping, I'd note that the JFK murder's Best Evidence (as David Lifton rightly put it), the medical evidence, was withheld from the Warren Commission.

The withholding of the medical evidence from the WC itself, I'd say, is one hard fact of the JFK murder.

That fact implies that telling the Truth about the JFK murder would have been a high National Security risk, as estimated by Federal authorities. I believe that the remark of Supreme Court Justice Earl Warren ("not in your lifetime") confirms this hypothesis.

Regards,

--Paul Trejo

Paul Trejo,

I'm aware the Warren Commission did not examine certain autopsy materials and instead relied on, for example, the Rydberg drawing(s).

It's not clear to me why this was the case.

I believe that if the Commission had insisted on examining all the original autopsy materials, it could have gotten the materials through its subpoena power.

I'm still looking for a verifiable fact.

The best you're going to get is a (very strong) circumstantial case. That's good enough in most courts.