The Education Forum

Fulsom: Giancana, Ruby, Nixon

I was googling for quotes made by Ruby when he was being walked down a hallway outside of a courtroom (it appears, and if my memory serves) where he warns of the high level of this thing, "even as high as Agnew, or higher" he aludes to ... and I came across some of Don Fulsom's stuff (on some ODD domain, surftofind.com) which mentioned Giancana's alleged words about Ruby and Nixon's and his associations, made by SG's half-bro and nephew in Double Cross. I read this book a few years ago, thought it was somewhat believable - these claims seem perfectly plausible to me, considering Chicago's broad reach at the time.

was wondering what some of you thought about these supposed connections, Giancana and Ruby - has any real research been done on Ruby's activities in Chicago when he was young...?

also, can someone please point me to a transcript or video of this interchange between Ruby and the press where he mentions Spiro Agnew? Not having much success with Google today.

thanks for any input!

GN

Glenn- In reference to Ruby making a point about the vice president, he told a reporter that if Adlai Stevenson were vice president, it never would have happened or we wouldn't be in the position we're in (something to that effect), implying that Johnson was behind it. I think he even said, when pressed by the reporter, "the answer to your question is the man in office now." Keep in mind Ruby was dead by the time Spiro Agnew was VP.

Glenn- In reference to Ruby making a point about the vice president, he told a reporter that if Adlai Stevenson were vice president, it never would have happened or we wouldn't be in the position we're in (something to that effect), implying that Johnson was behind it. I think he even said, when pressed by the reporter, "the answer to your question is the man in office now." Keep in mind Ruby was dead by the time Spiro Agnew was VP.

that's what it was - Adlai S. - my memory didn't serve... :) tx

that's what it was - Adlai S. - my memory didn't serve... :) tx

Here's a link to the statements by Ruby: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yv3o9vx3VNM

I remember more than what's in this video, tho - more about a "new power in government" or something... you got me on the right track tho.

That's from what Ruby told the Warren Commission when they spoke to him in Dallas. He said that a new form of government was going to take over the country as a result of the assassination. There's no video that exists of him telling this to the WC, but you may be remembering the scene from Oliver Stone's JFK which recounts this.