The Education Forum

Reflections on Jim Garrison: An interview with Joan Mellen

Some points on this:

1. The document produced in the interview is the wrong one about Shaw. The one in her book about the George DeM is the right one, which reveals many years later that Shaw was highly paid contract agent of the CIA. Therefore, the stuff the CIA wrote about him before, including to the HSCA, was at least a partial cover story.

2. Shaw did go Rome to help start up Permindex there. This was in an internal Time Magazine report that never saw the light of day. That is why he was on the Board of Directors and listed himself as such in his Who's Who entry.

3. Man, I would like to see those letters from Oswald to Thornley after they left New Orleans. Thornley also wrote some letters to a guy named Phil Boatwright, which Weisberg confronted him with. Harold said Kerry really got angry with him about that. But I think she is wrong about the chemical training meaning Kerry worked for the CIA.

4. I have never seen any evidence that RFK sent Sheridan to New Orleans to wreck Garrison. Everything I have seen says Sheridan was in cahoots with NBC and the CIA at the time. The Sarnoffs sanctioned what he did and the CIA secretly funded him money through a law firm representing their local outlet.

5. I look forward to her upcoming book on the whole Wallace fingerprint imbroglio. Should be good.

God, do I hate what Nigel Turner did to this case.

Edited by James DiEugenio

NBC had, until 1986, been owned by the Radio Corporation of America (RCA), formed by Brigadier General David Sarnoff of the U.S. Signal Corps. He had helped set up Radio Free Europe for Allen Dulles, a lifelong intelligence asset who became director of the CIA after serving as a top officer in its precursor, the OSS. Radio Free Europe became an infamous CIA propaganda outlet. Sarnoff's first cousin, Eugene Lyons, was a U.S. intelligence asset important in propaganda operations against the Soviet Union.

In addition to being an enthusiastic supporter of the eugenics movement, Dulles represented a number of German firms, including I.G. Farben, the core of the Third Reich. He was also a director of J. Henry Schroder Bank in London, England, which had close ties to Hitler's inner circle, especially Heinrich Himmler. Schroder Bank would later be revealed as the prime financial supporter of Permindex, a shadowy Swiss corporation with extensive connections to U.S. intelligence services. Clay Shaw, a prominent civic leader in New Orleans and known CIA asset to whom we will soon be introduced, sat on its board. Dulles also represented many prominent U.S. firms that supported Hitler, such as the Chase Manhattan Bank and Standard Oil, both of which were owned by the Rockefellers. Brown Brothers Harriman and Union Banking Corporation were both owned by the Harriman brothers and represented by the Dulles brothers. Prescott Bush, an army intelligence veteran and father of George H.W Bush, served on the board of both banks. The Rockefellers, Harrimans and the Bushes were all deeply involved in the U.S. intelligence community, which appears to be at the core of the power structure, imposing the programming.

The NBC hit piece was produced by Walter Sheridan, a CIA asset who had formerly been an FBI agent and a counterintelligence director at the NSA. He also served with the Justice Department and, before all of that, the Office of Naval Intelligence. Sheridan intimidated, bribed and manipulated witnesses. He was in constant contact with the CIA during the production of his documentary. A closer examination of the man revealed that he was only a single degree of separation from the conspiracy itself. One of his close friends, Carmine Bellino, was a former FBI agent who had once worked with Guy Banister and who had lived with Robert Maheu at a time when he was being cleared for the CIA project involving the recruitment of Mafia hitmen to kill Fidel Castro.

Edited by Steven Gaal

Schroder Bank would later be revealed as the prime financial supporter of Permindex, a shadowy Swiss corporation with extensive connections to U.S. intelligence services.

This was a very telling point when I was first researching Permindex. Dulles used that bank for several CIA purposes.

Some points on this:

1. The document produced in the interview is the wrong one about Shaw. The one in her book about the George DeM is the right one, which reveals many years later that Shaw was highly paid contract agent of the CIA. Therefore, the stuff the CIA wrote about him before, including to the HSCA, was at least a partial cover story.

2. Shaw did go Rome to help start up Permindex there. This was in an internal Time Magazine report that never saw the light of day. That is why he was on the Board of Directors and listed himself as such in his Who's Who entry.

3. Man, I would like to see those letters from Oswald to Thornley after they left New Orleans. Thornley also wrote some letters to a guy named Phil Boatwright, which Weisberg confronted him with. Harold said Kerry really got angry with him about that. But I think she is wrong about the chemical training meaning Kerry worked for the CIA.

4. I have never seen any evidence that RFK sent Sheridan to New Orleans to wreck Garrison. Everything I have seen says Sheridan was in cahoots with NBC and the CIA at the time. The Sarnoffs sanctioned what he did and the CIA secretly funded him money through a law firm representing their local outlet.

5. I look forward to her upcoming book on the whole Wallace fingerprint imbroglio. Should be good.

God, do I hate what Nigel Turner did to this case.

Her hatred of Bobby Kennedy drives this one. Of course Bobby never sent Sheridan to sabotage Garrison but she never misses a chance to repeat that.

Good you can review her book on Wallace. I don't intend to read it. Whatever good is in it is outweighed by her lies about my dear friend Nathan Darby.

Edited by Dawn Meredith

"...Clay Shaw, a prominent civic leader in New Orleans and known CIA asset to whom we will soon be introduced, sat on its board...."

So I would assume that Mr. Gaal is copying this from some other source. Would you care to share your source with us, Mr. Gaal? I'm not comfortable with unreferenced sources.

"...Clay Shaw, a prominent civic leader in New Orleans and known CIA asset to whom we will soon be introduced, sat on its board...."

So I would assume that Mr. Gaal is copying this from some other source. Would you care to share your source with us, Mr. Gaal? I'm not comfortable with unreferenced sources.

I could go back and get it ,however, your quote reminded me of an article in PROBE.,gaal

==================================================================================

John McAdams and the Siege of Chicago By Jim DiEugenio with Brian Hunt

http://www.ctka.net/2013/mcadams.html

"McAdams did indeed make comments that were intended to imply that Gary Aguilar was a drug addict. IMO, they were deliberate, malicious and intended to smear the doctor."

Robert Harris on John McAdams

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Back in 1996, Probe Magazine did an article on some of the peculiarities of people with interesting backgrounds who now had become prominent on the Internet in the JFK field. We noted one Ed Dolan, a retired Marine captain and former CIA employee who then posted on Compuserv. (Probe, Vol. 3 No. 3, p. 12) Gerald McNally was another personage of interest. He was a member of the Association of Former Intelligence Officers, the group founded by David Phillips as a reaction to the investigations of the Church Committee. (ibid)

It was in this then nascent milieu that McAdams' pugnacious style and his rightwing politics first began to warrant attention. For instance, a newcomer to the Internet once wrote about him: "McAdams is a spook isn't he? I am concerned about McAdams and his ilk. The stuff he puts up on the 'Net is pure disinformation ... He doesn't respond to the facts, he just discredits witnesses and posters." (ibid, p. 13) As we shall see, the last sentence was prescient. For McAdams at times will invent facts in order to discredit the "buffs". But in addition, there was the frequency of his posting. At times it was fifty posts per day. And beyond that, he was posting on five different forums. (ibid) Who has the time or energy to do such things if one has a full time job? Especially to do some of the silly acts that McAdams performed. For instance, according to Lisa Pease, McAdams tried to deny that Clay Shaw was ever actually part of the very suspicious Italian agency called Permindex. So someone finally got tired of McAdams' malarkey and scanned in Shaw's own Who's Who in the Southwest listing, where he himself listed his membership in Permindex. So what did McAdams do? He then went to another of his member forums and repeated the same canard: that Shaw was not on the Board of Permindex.

Thank you, Mr. Gaal.

I wasn't trying to imply that I disagreed with the material you quoted. I simply wondered where it came from, and wanted to give you a chance to give credit where credit is due.

Steve:

Glad you cleared that up, it was not me.

But who is this guy you quoted? I did not see a name on his blog.

Steve:

Glad you cleared that up, it was not me.

But who is this guy you quoted? I did not see a name on his blog.

blogger-logo-medium.png
Profile Not Available

The Blogger Profile you requested cannot be displayed. Many Blogger users have not yet elected to publicly share their Profile.

If you're a Blogger user, we encourage you to enable access to your Profile.

BLOGGER SJCP ,gaal