The Education Forum

More on the BYP: Jeff Carter Pours it on

It would be nice if people commenting on Jeff's work would

1.) Read the series

2.) Make some acknowledgement to having read it

3.) Understood what Jeff is trying to say.

For the second time, Jeff is not arguing about symptoms of fakery in the photos. He is talking about the genesis of the camera and who took the pics.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this testimony by Marina just more "hogwash", Ken?....

https://app.box.com/s/hf7yp5ctenxvgjttuq7jwtuuv57eagb7

Absolutely. It is solely a result of being told that her cooperation would have a bearing on whether she would be allowed to remain in the US. Under those conditions, what would you expect her to do?

It would be nice if people commenting on Jeff's work would

1.) Read the series

2.) Make some acknowledgement to having read it

3.) Understood what Jeff is trying to say.

For the second time, Jeff is not arguing about symptoms of fakery in the photos. He is talking about the genesis of the camera and who took the pics.

As I said in 18 above, I read all of the series and added part 5 just above. He does have some good ideas on the origin of the photos and how the camera mysteriously appeared. I certainly will agree that when and if it is ever known who created the photos, and when they did so, it would cast a lot of light on 'who did it'. But that is no different from the situation with the Manlicher Carcano rifle. Once we know who it belonged to and how it was used to make the BYP, that will also go a long way toward knowing who killed JFK. We know that no shots were fired from the snipers nest but we know it was set up to look as if shots were fired from there. That was a distraction, and it worked. Just as the 'magic bullet' creation occurred. We still don't even know where CE 399 came from.

So, Jim, the BYP's origin will certainly be helpful just as dozens of other creations will be helpful, but I don't expect we are going to get those answers any time soon.

Yeah, sure, Ken. As if going back to Russia (her own home country) would be a fate worse than death.

Get real.

would be a fate worse than death. That wasn't the choice. The choice was to stay in the US or return to Soviet Union. You think returning to the Soviet Union as a defector would have been a good move?

Edited by Kenneth Drew

The choice was to stay in the US or return to Soviet Union. You think returning to the Soviet Union as a defector would have been a good move?

Why not? Why would it have been so bad? She lived in Russia. She grew up there. She had family there. She undoubtedly had friends there too.

In fact, I would have thought she would have been anxious to go home to the USSR after the assassination. She had very few friends in the USA. She could barely speak any English at all in late 1963. And she would also be looked at (by some people) as merely (and solely) "The wife of President Kennedy's assassin". Not an enviable position for Marina at all.

So returning to Russia would not have been so terrible. Not in the least. I'm surprised she wasn't begging to go back there.

Edited by David Von Pein

The choice was to stay in the US or return to Soviet Union. You think returning to the Soviet Union as a defector would have been a good move?

Why not? Why would it have been so bad? She lived in Russia. She grew up there. She had family there. She undoubtedly had friends there too.

In fact, I would have thought she would have been anxious to go home to the USSR after the assassination. She had very few friends in the USA. She could barely speak any English at all in late 1963. And she would also be looked at (by some people) as merely (and solely) "The wife of President Kennedy's assassin". Not an enviable position for Marina at all.

So returning to Russia would not have been so terrible. Not in the least. I'm surprised she wasn't begging to go back there.

So if you were to defect to Iran, you think you would be welcomed back with open arms? She had defected to the 'hated' USA. Her family might have welcomed her back but I doubt anyone else would. If you think it didn't matter to her, why did the threat of being sent back refresh her memory so vividly?

So if you were to defect to Iran, you think you would be welcomed back with open arms?

And you think staying in a country where you have virtually no friends and cannot speak the language and where many people will hate you because you were the wife of the assassin of their beloved President is a more desirable situation than returning to the country of your birth?

Apparently Marina DID find that latter scenario more desirable---but for the life of me, I cannot understand why.

If you think it didn't matter to her, why did the threat of being sent back refresh her memory so vividly?

Pure myth.

Get back on topic now, Ken, before the EF mods beat the crap out of both of us.

Edited by David Von Pein

So if you were to defect to Iran, you think you would be welcomed back with open arms?

And you think staying in a country where you have virtually no friends and cannot speak the language and where many people will hate you because you were the wife of the assassin of their beloved President is a more desirable situation than returning to the country of your birth?

Apparently Marina DID find that latter scenario more desirable---but for the life of me, I cannot understand why.

If you think it didn't matter to her, why did the threat of being sent back refresh her memory so vividly?

Pure myth.

where many people will hate you because you were the wife of the assassin of their beloved President I wouldn't think about her one way or the other. First, she's not the wife of the assassin. We don't know if the assassin had a wife. But I suspect she had already been here long enough to know that the standard of life was immensely superior to anything she could hope for in the Soviet Union.

Pure myth.

Get back on topic now, Ken, before the EF mods beat the crap out of both of us. I am on topic. If you read the series that this thread is about you would know that he commented quite a bit about Marina being swayed by the threat of being shipped out of the country if she didn't cooperate. That's what I'm discussing.