The Education Forum

Hatted figure, black dog man and Shadow Man

I don't know. Maybe this has been explored before. If it has, and this is redundant, I apologize.

I have been mulling over the idea that the hatted figure seen in frame 413 and thereabouts of the Zapruder Film and the black dog man are the same person. The angle seems about right.

and

I'm also considering that the black dog man is also known as Shadow Man, photographed leaving Dealey Plaza by way of the Elm Street Extension.

and

I don't understand the photographic technique that would have blotted out this person and turned him all black, and to the best of my knowledge, I've never read an account of anyone seeing a figure dressed all in black walking around up there.

I have also been mulling over the idea that this person is the Secret Service Agent that Officer Joe Marshall Smith and Deputy Constable Seymour Weitzman encountered behind the retaining wall at the Elm Street Extesnion immdediately following the shots.

Steve Thomas

Edited by Steve Thomas

I'm not sure about the 3rd photo but I do believe for the first two photos, the guys standing on the steps and started running were captured in the Z film.

As for the "black dog" shape, I'm pretty sure there was a black couple sitting behind the concrete wall eating lunch and waiting for the motorcade to arrive. There's a photo online showing cops holding up a bag that contained their lunch that was left behind but I can't seem to find it.

Edited by Michael Walton

I'm not sure about the 3rd photo but I do believe for the first two photos, the guys standing on the steps and started running were captured in the Z film.
As for the "black dog" shape, I'm pretty sure there was a black couple sitting behind the concrete wall eating lunch and waiting for the motorcade to arrive. There's a photo online showing cops holding up a bag that contained their lunch that was left behind but I can't seem to find it.

Michael,

There are a couple of forum threads indicating that the black dog man shape was either a woman holding a baby or a black couple.

The picture you refer to might be this one from this web site:

"Richard Trask's 1994 landmark book,
Pictures of the Pain
, publishes an image taken on the afternoon of the assassination by
Dallas Morning News
photographer Johnny Flynn showing:
"two plainclothes men, one with a stenographer's note pad in hand, leaning over and examining a paper lunch bag, and a wrapper marked 'Tom Thumb 8 Buns 25 cents.' The lunch leavings are resting on an odd-looking metal frame slat bench positioned perpendicular to the concrete wall and next to the walkway leading to the stairs at the knoll." "

*shrug*

Steve Thomas

Michael,

This web site has the picture you were looking for:

http://jfkfacts.org/assassination/news/calling-all-witnesses-the-african-american-couple-on-the-grassy-knoll/

Steve Thomas