The Education Forum

No rent receipts anywhere?

Steve Thomas

I posted a thread on the Reopen the Kennedy Case Forum that postulated that we don't have rent receipts or a tenant registry for ANYWHERE the official record said he lived.

There aren't any for the Neely St. address.

The Tobias rent for receipts for the Elsbeth St. residence weren't entered into evidence.

The calendar page for October, 1963 was torn out of Mary Bledsoe's calendar,

Mr. Johnson forgot to bring the receipt book when she testified to the WC. All she had was a scrap of paper that had the name O.H. Lee on it.

And, I don't remember the Tobias rent receipts or the Beckley St. receipts listed among the evidence the Dallas Police turned over to the FBI.

Did I miss those?

I have been looking, and to the best of my knowledge, aside from the YMCA logs for November, 1962 and October, 1963, I can't find tenant registers or rent receipts for ANY place Lee Oswald ever lived.

Unless I'm mistaken, we don't have any written verification that Oswald ever lived at any of the places the official record says he did.

Steve Thomas

12 hours ago, Chris Newton said:

Hey Steve,

I've never seen any rent receipts either. Good catch.

Well Chris, it sort of begs the question.

If Oswald wasn't at the places the official record says he was, then where was he?

I've come to believe that the whole Mary Bledsoe, 621 Marsalis sojurn was a total lie. She testified to the WC on April 2, 1964 and based her testimony on notes that she had composed the week before. She said in her testimony, "I've forgotten what I was supposed to say".

If Oswald wasn't at Marsalis in the week after he moved out of the YMCA, where was he?

I've been toying with the idea that Marina lived on Neely, but Lee didn't, and that he was telling the truth when he denied to Fritz and Bookhout, et.al that ever lived on Neely. I've found three times where Marina said she was living on Neely in January. She corrected that later, but it makes me wonder. Ruth Paine said she visited Marina on Neely, but if my memory serves me right, whenever Ruth came there, Marina was there, but Lee wasn't.

The Tobias's spoke about a time when several men came to Elsbeth and moved Marina out, "for a while". They didn't know when she returned. George DeMohrenschildt talked about "taking Marina away" from Lee and said that they took her to several White Russian friends, but I don't know.

Steve Thomas

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/15/2016 at 4:01 PM, Steve Thomas said:

I posted a thread on the Reopen the Kennedy Case Forum that postulated that we don't have rent receipts or a tenant registry for ANYWHERE the official record said Oswald lived.

There aren't any for the Neely St. address.

The Tobias rent for receipts for the Elsbeth St. residence weren't entered into evidence.

The calendar page for October, 1963 was torn out of Mary Bledsoe's calendar,

Mrs. Johnson forgot to bring the receipt book when she testified to the WC. All she had was a scrap of paper that had the name O.H. Lee on it.

I have been looking, and to the best of my knowledge, aside from the YMCA logs for November, 1962 and October, 1963, I can't find tenant registers or rent receipts for ANY place Lee Oswald ever lived. Unless I'm mistaken, we don't have any written verification that Oswald ever lived at any of the places the official record says he did.

Steve Thomas

I don't know if it means much of anything, but as the owner of 2703 Mercedes St. in Fort Worth during the summer and fall of 1962, Chester Riggs told the FBI that he didn't issue rent receipts, that he didn't keep rental records by individual unit, and grouped all the rent receipts together as a group for income tax purposes.
http://jfk.hood.edu/Collection/FBI Records Files/105-82555/105-82555 Section 016/105-16c.pdf
So, there's another one.

Steve Thomas