The Education Forum

OT- Blue Christmas -- Die Zauberflote Holiday Concert

Pamela Brown

December 21, 2016 4 p.m.

https://theothermozart.wordpress.com/2016/12/15/i-thought-we-would-grow-old-together-m4b/

Edited by Pamela Brown

Hey Pamela

Thanks for that. I'm always amazed at how talented some people are and musicians might be the most talented. I read your blog before looking at your youtube so I watched you and Donner play "What child is this?" first. I'm saddened to hear of your loss but don't lose hope you might still find what you're looking for.

On 12/16/2016 at 3:49 AM, Chris Newton said:

Hey Pamela

Thanks for that. I'm always amazed at how talented some people are and musicians might be the most talented. I read your blog before looking at your youtube so I watched you and Donner play "What child is this?" first. I'm saddened to hear of your loss but don't lose hope you might still find what you're looking for.

Thank you for your kind words, Chris.  It is a fearsome burden and yet a great joy to do this concert in Donner's honor. With all the tumult his passing unexpectedly and in such a manner that I was not really able to say goodbye, I am filled with gratitude for the wonderful years we had together.  Donner provided schmoozy and warm support to me and to all my family.  My children and grandchildren adored him.  He spoiled us all.  :-)

Below is a photo I took at the Henry Ford.  Donner was playing SS agent in front of the rebuilt JFK Limousine...

donne.jpg

Edited by Pamela Brown