The Education Forum

Why is Paine home WC diagram CE430 inaccurate?

While examining the Ruth Paine story and her "furniture moving episode", I came upon this interesting tid-bit:

The Warren Commission diagram of the Ruth Paine home, CE-430 has a scale in the bottom left corner which portrays the measurements of the home in feet. On left hand side of the scale, in alternating black and white blocks is a portrayal of five individual "feet".

https://www.history-matters.com/archive/jfk/wc/wcvols/wh17/pdf/WH17_CE_430.pdf

If we look at the doorway leading from the living room into kitchen-dining area we notice on the diagram that the distance from the west wall to the door entryway is about 2 1/2 feet. If we look at a photograph of the extant home it is clear that this distance is mere inches (maybe 6" including the door frame).

Is the whole house portrayed in the WC image in a way to make it appear larger than it really is?

I'm open to suggestions.

paine door to kitchen.jpg

1 hour ago, Chris Newton said:

While examining the Ruth Paine story and her "furniture moving episode", I came upon this interesting tid-bit:

The Warren Commission diagram of the Ruth Paine home, CE-430 has a scale in the bottom left corner which portrays the measurements of the home in feet. On left hand side of the scale, in alternating black and white blocks is a portrayal of five individual "feet".

If we look at the doorway leading from the living room into kitchen-dining area we notice on the diagram that the distance from the west wall to the door entryway is about 2 1/2 feet. If we look at a photograph of the extant home it is clear that this distance is mere inches (maybe 6" including the door frame).

Is the whole house portrayed in the WC image in a way to make it appear larger than it really is?

I'm open to suggestions.

paine door to kitchen.jpg

Not sure what you're talking about in said photograph.

Regardless, uhhh .....Remodeled?

Edited by Thomas Graves

Just now, Thomas Graves said:

Not sure what you're talking about in said photographed.

Regardless, uhhh .....Remodeled?

They remodeled and moved the door 2 feet to the left?

The photo shows the door is about 6" from the corner. The house plan shows it 2 1/2 feet from the corner.

If we go back to Ruth Paine's testimony about the furniture that moved.... it would seem that they needed that extra 2 feet so that the couch didn't block the door entirely.

4 minutes ago, Chris Newton said:

They remodeled and moved the door 2 feet to the left?

The photo shows the door is about 6" from the corner. The house plan shows it 2 1/2 feet from the corner.

If we go back to Ruth Paine's testimony about the furniture that moved.... it would seem that they needed that extra 2 feet so that the couch didn't block the door entirely.

Sorry, dude.

I don't "see" it.

I guess I need some red arrows.

--  Tommy :sun

1 minute ago, Thomas Graves said:

I don't "see" it.

In this photo the doorway to the "kitchen - dining area"  is inches from the west wall of the living room. yes/no?

If we look at the floor plan created by the WC (CE 430) the same doorway is depicted being approximately 2 1/2 feet from the west wall.

(look at the line underneath camera position 6)

Pain_grant1.jpg

8 minutes ago, Chris Newton said:

In this photo the doorway to the "kitchen - dining area"  is inches from the west wall of the living room. yes/no?

If we look at the floor plan created by the WC (CE 430) the same doorway is depicted being approximately 2 1/2 feet from the west wall.

(look at the line underneath camera position 6)

Pain_grant1.jpg

Stupid question:  Is the wooden door in this photo closed, partially-open, or open?

Do you think the bad guys altered the plans because they knew that somewhere down the road somebody would see a photograph and realize that it's impossible to stick one's head around the doorway, put a baby in a high chair, and spy what's on some table or desk somewhere, you know, all at the same time, or something like that?

OMG!  Is that Oswald's "Kostin" letter in the background?

Edited by Thomas Graves

13 minutes ago, Thomas Graves said:

OMG!  Is that Oswald's "Kostin" letter in the background?

LOL, nope by her account the "small desk secretary" is now on the east wall of the living room. I have no idea what piece of furniture that is over her shoulder. She testified that the furniture was moved that Sunday evening, (that she stole the draft), and was still in that arrangement on the date of her WC testimony. We have ample evidence, (2 photos I've found), that there is a "large desk secretary" in the kitchen - dining area. I can find no WC photos of the living room and therefore haven't seen any of the "small secretary".

3 minutes ago, Chris Newton said:

LOL, nope by her account the "small desk secretary" is now on the east wall of the living room. I have no idea what piece of furniture that is over her shoulder. She testified that the furniture was moved that Sunday evening, (that she stole the draft), and was still in that arrangement on the date of her WC testimony. We have ample evidence, (2 photos I've found), that there is a "large desk secretary" in the kitchen - dining area. I can find no WC photos of the living room and therefore haven't seen any of the "small secretary".

Could that be the door to the bathroom, or the garage, or to the tennis court and pool area (you know, where they kept the boat)?

If you look closely at the diagram, zoom in on the living room, you will notice an "X" on the north wall and some marks directly below on the south wall. These were put there by Ruth during her WC testimony. The "X" depicting the location of her couch when Officers came to her door on 11/22 and the scribbles below, apparently not copied well, are a "XX" depicting the location of her TV set.

16 minutes ago, Thomas Graves said:

you know, where they kept the boat

I'd love to see the boat. Ruth apparently drove from PA. to New Orleans and then from New Orleans to Dallas with a boat on the roof rack. How did pregnant Marina and Ruthie get it off the car themselves when they arrived in Dallas? Did the toddlers help? Why did they need a boat in Dallas? What happened to it?

ssruthpaine.jpg

Edited by Chris Newton
added image

45 minutes ago, Chris Newton said:

I'd love to see the boat. Ruth apparently drove from PA. to New Orleans and then from New Orleans to Dallas with a boat on the roof rack. How did pregnant Marina and Ruthie get it off the car themselves when they arrived in Dallas? Did the toddlers help? Why did they need a boat in Dallas? What happened to it?

ssruthpaine.jpg

Maybe they gave it to Michael's mother's evil, evil spyin' friend.