The Education Forum

Announcement by John Newman

John Newman posted the following on Facebook yesterday:

I did a presentation last night at the Virginia Military Institute (VMI), with Alan Dale, Jim Dieugenio, and William Davy. My talk was on Oswald and the Angleton molehunt in the CIA's Soviet Russia Division. It was recorded and will be posted on my website (jfkjmn.com) as soon as Randy Bensen edits it.

John Newman posted the following on Facebook yesterday (Sept. 10):

I will be going to the JFK Lancer event this year (17-20 November) in Dallas, Texas. According to the plan as of now, I will be giving two presentations. The first one will be “Lee Harvey Oswald and the Angleton Molehunt.” The second one will be “Fiction is Stranger then Truth: Antonio Veciana and David Phillips—1960.” The second presentation is actually a sneak preview of Chapter Three in the forthcoming Volume III of my current series on the case—“Into the Storm.” Alan Dale will emcee the entire event. We hope to see you there and look forward to talking with you over a glass of wine in the nooks and crannies of the hotel.

Regarding your second post, while I will not be able to attend the JFK Lancer event, I was wondering if you could share your view(s) in brief in regards to Angleton's mole hunt and what role Oswald played in it? Perhaps the most expedient way to do so would be for me to ask two questions. 

Do you believe Angleton's mole hunt was genuine?

Was Oswald's defection the result of his recruitment as a CIA "dangle", or perhaps the result of Angleton's desire to use Oswald as a distraction in the Popov arrest?

Best Regards,

Craig C.

Edited by Craig Carvalho
Double post