The Education Forum

Virgilio Gonzalez

Douglas Caddy

Tommy Reynolds posted the following on Facebook today:

"Shortly before his death in 1975, John Mar­tino con­fessed to a Miami News­day reporter, John Cum­mings, that he had been guilty of spread­ing false sto­ries impli­cat­ing Lee Har­vey Oswald in the assas­si­na­tion of John F. Kennedy. He claimed that two of the gun­men were Cuban exiles. It is believed the two men were Her­mino Diaz Gar­cia and Vir­gilio Gon­za­lez. Cum­mings added: “He told me he’d been part of the assas­si­na­tion of Kennedy. He wasn’t in Dal­las pulling a... trig­ger, but he was involved. He implied that his role was deliv­er­ing money, facil­i­tat­ing things.… He asked me not to write it while he was alive.”

Fred Claasen also told the House Select Com­mit­tee on Assas­si­na­tions what he knew about his busi­ness partner’s involve­ment in the case. He claimed John Mar­tino told him: “The anti-Castro peo­ple put Oswald together. Oswald didn’t know who he was work­ing for – he was just igno­rant of who was really putting him together. Oswald was to meet his con­tact at the Texas The­atre. They were to meet Oswald in the the­atre, and get him out of the coun­try, then elim­i­nate him. Oswald made a mis­take… There was no way we could get to him. They had Ruby kill him.”

Flo­rence Mar­tino at first refused to cor­rob­o­rate the story. How­ever, in 1994 she told Anthony Sum­mers that her hus­band said to her on the morn­ing of 22nd Novem­ber, 1963: “Flo, they’re going to kill him (Kennedy). They’re going to kill him when he gets to Texas.”

Howard Hunt's wife, Dorothy, was traveling in Italy with several of their children when the Watergate burglars were arrested on June 17, 1972.  She immediately returned to the U.S. and visited me in the office of the law firm in Washington, D.C. for which I worked. I remember her remarking at the time that Virgilio  Gonzalez had as his task picking the lock to the door of the Democratic National Committee when a prior burglary had been attempted. She said Howard had told her that it should have an easy task for Gonzalez, who was a locksmith, but success eluded him in doing so to the frustration of the other burglars.

Edited by Douglas Caddy

2 hours ago, Douglas Caddy said:

Tommy Reynolds posted the following on Facebook today:

"Shortly before his death in 1975, John Mar­tino con­fessed to a Miami News­day reporter, John Cum­mings, that he had been guilty of spread­ing false sto­ries impli­cat­ing Lee Har­vey Oswald in the assas­si­na­tion of John F. Kennedy. He claimed that two of the gun­men were Cuban exiles. It is believed the two men were Her­mino Diaz Gar­cia and Vir­gilio Gon­za­lez. Cum­mings added: “He told me he’d been part of the assas­si­na­tion of Kennedy. He wasn’t in Dal­las pulling a... trig­ger, but he was involved. He implied that his role was deliv­er­ing money, facil­i­tat­ing things.… He asked me not to write it while he was alive.”

Fred Claasen also told the House Select Com­mit­tee on Assas­si­na­tions what he knew about his busi­ness partner’s involve­ment in the case. He claimed John Mar­tino told him: “The anti-Castro peo­ple put Oswald together. Oswald didn’t know who he was work­ing for – he was just igno­rant of who was really putting him together. Oswald was to meet his con­tact at the Texas The­atre. They were to meet Oswald in the the­atre, and get him out of the coun­try, then elim­i­nate him. Oswald made a mis­take… There was no way we could get to him. They had Ruby kill him.”

Flo­rence Mar­tino at first refused to cor­rob­o­rate the story. How­ever, in 1994 she told Anthony Sum­mers that her hus­band said to her on the morn­ing of 22nd Novem­ber, 1963: “Flo, they’re going to kill him (Kennedy). They’re going to kill him when he gets to Texas.”

What I want to know is, what was Oswald told he was participating in? What did he think he was actually doing at the TSBD?

Any ideas on that Doug?

5 hours ago, Roger DeLaria said:

What I want to know is, what was Oswald told he was participating in? What did he think he was actually doing at the TSBD?

Any ideas on that Doug?

Roger, I defer to others in the forum who possess greater knowledge about this than do I.  Any comment that I would make would be conjecture.

8 minutes ago, Jim Hargrove said:

He was following orders, as he'd done for years.

What was he specifically told the operation was? What was he told his purpose/objective was? I suppose only Oswald would know that, and whoever told him. He was clearly told some kind of fairy tale.

Edited by Roger DeLaria

Tantalizing story. But for me it does not explain how these preps were able to orchestrate Bethesda, Hoover, Langley, DPD, Warren Commission, HSCA and on and on.

There either was a Coup, or their wasn't.