The Education Forum

I have Joan's book 'Our Man in Haiti' and I am amazed by what it manages to avoid covering within the scope of the same time and space as her main subject. At least one of my contacts who has quite senior in years and versed in the JFK assassination period, does not like her work at all. It is difficult for me to understand why. Although I have complaints about her omissions I would like to know what other readers have to say about this book.

• 3 weeks later...

imho, her work on Garrison is important and her book Destiny Betrayed ( I have both editions), should be part of the canon.

Her latest work is more a collection of relevant and related topics. She convinced me that the Wallace finger print match was unlikely, while confirming a lot of LBJ snake-ness all around. I think her book on deMohrenschildt is like Morley's on  Win Scott - -its a lot of info about each,  helps your adding up of the evidence, but is not a sustained and complete investigation of the topic. I think Simpich and Armstrong  are such on Mexico say, and Bruce Adamson's information  on deMohrenschildt is more inclusive;, but she has one master work and many with good supporting material in her pocket and, on top of her teaching and other writing is most impressive.

• 6 months later...
On ‎2‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 2:56 PM, Robert Harper said:

imho, her work on Garrison is important and her book Destiny Betrayed ( I have both editions), should be part of the canon.

Her latest work is more a collection of relevant and related topics. She convinced me that the Wallace finger print match was unlikely, while confirming a lot of LBJ snake-ness all around. I think her book on deMohrenschildt is like Morley's on  Win Scott - -its a lot of info about each,  helps your adding up of the evidence, but is not a sustained and complete investigation of the topic. I think Simpich and Armstrong  are such on Mexico say, and Bruce Adamson's information  on deMohrenschildt is more inclusive;, but she has one master work and many with good supporting material in her pocket and, on top of her teaching and other writing is most impressive.

Destiny Betrayed is by Jim DiEugenio not Mellen.  And she totally trashed my dear friend (RIP) Nathan Darby who made the match in 1998.  She called him a perjurer by saying he was not certified in 1998. I asked his Pastor son about this and he assured me that Nathan kept up his certification. 

Edited by Dawn Meredith
typo