The Education Forum

Jefferson Morley's petition to U.S. Supreme Court

I read this earlier and thought I'll post it later.  Kudos to Jeff and Jim Lesar in particular for taking this to the Supreme Court.  Though we know from the current composition and Kavanaugh's prior ruling how it will turn out.  I realize this is about paying attorney fees.  But it's about so much more.  The Freedom Of Information Act ensures penalties, payment of attorney fees, for, restricting freedom of information unlawfully.  Jeff's suit brought us the knowledge that Joannides was paying the DRE $51,000 a month in 1963 and maintained a residence in New Orleans then in his position at the CIA despite the fact he lived and worked in Florida.  The DRE helped frame Oswald.  It also brought us this:  In 1978 The CIA brought Joannides out of retirement to represent them regarding the House Sub Committee on Assassinations.  And stymie inquisitive sorts like Lopez and Dan Hardway.  Of course nothing was mentioned about the DRE in 63.  Then there is the picture of him receiving the award from the CIA for doing all this.  

26 minutes ago, Ron Bulman said:

I read this earlier and thought I'll post it later.  Kudos to Jeff and Jim Lesar in particular for taking this to the Supreme Court.  Though we know from the current composition and Kavanaugh's prior ruling how it will turn out.  I realize this is about paying attorney fees.  But it's about so much more.  The Freedom Of Information Act ensures penalties, payment of attorney fees, for, restricting freedom of information unlawfully.  Jeff's suit brought us the knowledge that Joannides was paying the DRE $51,000 a month in 1963 and maintained a residence in New Orleans then in his position at the CIA despite the fact he lived and worked in Florida.  The DRE helped frame Oswald.  It also brought us this:  In 1978 The CIA brought Joannides out of retirement to represent them regarding the House Sub Committee on Assassinations.  And stymie inquisitive sorts like Lopez and Dan Hardway.  Of course nothing was mentioned about the DRE in 63.  Then there is the picture of him receiving the award from the CIA for doing all this.  

Thanks Ron for your pithy summary of the continuing lawsuits' history.

1 hour ago, Sandy Larsen said:

Thanks Ron for your pithy summary of the continuing lawsuits' history.

Thank you for the  compliment.  I defer to their knowledge and respect their work.  It's Historic IMO, not just for what it reveals about Joannides but what it brings  about him and the subject to this level.