The Education Forum

Did Ruth Paine request information about Oswald's family in 1957?

I am reading the book: Deep State in the Heart of Texas: The Texas Connection to the Kennedy Assassination by Richard Bartholomew. There I found a mind-boggling information about Ruth Paine being aware of Oswald's family in 1957:

Quote from the book:

"And perhaps most disturbing of all, as we shall see next, are the implications of Navy Department document which reports that Ruth Paine was requesting information about the family of Lee Oswald in 1957. Schmidt's party was in late February."  [Footnote 215 - leads to Epstein (Legend...) and DiEugenio (Destiny...), however, it is not clear if this footnote refers to Schmidt or to the Navy Department report.]

"Considering the Navy Department report mentioned earlier, however, indicating that Ruth Paine was aware of Lee Oswald in 1957, it must be at least said that this introduction was anticipated. "

I could not find any reference to the Navy Department report allegedly containing the stunning information about Ruth Paine informing about Oswald family in 1957. Does anyone know?

Andrej,  Mike Levy a former friend of mine, found that document many, many years ago.  Tony Summers found the source for it, and he denied making the statement about Ruth.

Can you tell me what page the reference is to in the Epstein book?