The Education Forum

Nov 22 - men in yellow raincoats with high powered rifles

Bill Fite

I started reading about the murder of JFK leading up to its 50th anniversary.

Like the account in the Dallas Morning News of the man who tried to warn the motorcade just before it reached Dealey Plaza and was tackled by the Secret Service, this was the other item I read that most surprised me. It refers to the morning of the 22nd in Ft Worth outside the hotel when JFK addressed the crowds.

“ [Norm] Bradford had found a spectacular location for creating an overview photo. “I went to the top of the Hotel Texas and made a shot [poor choice of words, considering the totality of Bradford’s comment] down on the parking lot across the street from the 14 th floor of the Hotel. I’m still wondering why I wasn’t shot off the side of the building at that time. 

When I got up there and was shooting down, I just happened to glance around, and all I could see on all the roofs of the buildings around were yellow raincoats with people with high-powered rifles . There I was, standing on the 14 th floor of the Hotel Texas, and not a soul, it was not protected, and it was not sealed off . I was very surprised.” (Richard Trask, Pictures of the Pain: Photography and the Assassination of President Kennedy , p. 329) 

Brown Ph.D, Walt. Master Chronology of JFK Assassination Book II: Death (Kindle Locations 858-862). Kindle Edition. 

Has anyone ever run across any other information concerning / corroborating this?  

2 hours ago, Bill Fite said:

Like the account in the Dallas Morning News of the man who tried to warn the motorcade just before it reached Dealey Plaza and was tackled by the Secret Service,

Has anyone ever run across any other information concerning / corroborating this?  

What particular issue/& section/page is this? 

14 minutes ago, Karl Hilliard said:

What particular issue/& section/page is this? 

Oh... sorry - that was from:

The Dallas Morning News reported that a man had run alongside Kennedy’s limousine a few minutes before the assassination, shouting a warning before being tackled by Secret Service agents from the followup car to Vice President Johnson’s vehicle, three car lengths behind the president.

McBride, Joseph. Into the Nightmare: My Search for the Killers of President John F. Kennedy and Officer J. D. Tippit (p. 524). Hightower Press. Kindle Edition.