The Education Forum

Kris Millegan/TrineDay have a new book coming out in 2021

I'll have to get both books! It looks like there will be at least four new JFK books on my reading list in the next few months.

The best thing about Bugliosi is that he sabotaged himself. I guarantee you that not a single person new to the case read that thing all the way through from beginning to end. They might have made it through the shorter version, but the original? No way. It's fascinating to me that he spent all those years writing it and ended up with such an unreadable mess, especially since he should have known better. His publishers could only find the strength to stand up to him after publication, when his failure could no longer be ignored.

On 12/18/2020 at 8:44 AM, Denny Zartman said:

I'll have to get both books! It looks like there will be at least four new JFK books on my reading list in the next few months.

The best thing about Bugliosi is that he sabotaged himself. I guarantee you that not a single person new to the case read that thing all the way through from beginning to end. They might have made it through the shorter version, but the original? No way. It's fascinating to me that he spent all those years writing it and ended up with such an unreadable mess, especially since he should have known better. His publishers could only find the strength to stand up to him after publication, when his failure could no longer be ignored.

Thanks!

Regarding Bugliosi: yes- the obscene length of his book was his downfall.