The Education Forum

Weisberg archive - not working?

27 minutes ago, Steve Thomas said:

Richard,

The search function off the main page seems to be working okay.

I did a quick search for Robert Castorr (Colonel). Here's a small item. The highlighting is mine:

http://jfk.hood.edu/Collection/Weisberg%20Subject%20Index%20Files/M%20Disk/Martin%20Shirley/Item%2024.pdf

image.png.6d41c4395fac3587dd8cfeea14425406.png 

Steve Thomas

Hey Steve,

Yeah, seems like all the files are still there. You can access them, at least partially, through this link

http://jfk.hood.edu/Collection/Weisberg Subject Index Files/

It appears that hack that has happened here is simply disabling the primary user interface that is used to browse the collection. That is what is not working, so if you just want to browse you're out of luck...

I was looking for Weisberg's testimony to the Garrison grand jury where he talks about Orestes Pena and Warren DeBrueys. I could not find that, I looked in the Weisberg 'G' folder for Garrison and also looked in the 'P' folder under Pena but no dice. 

Richard / Steve

It seems, from a very cursory look, that the Browse function is now working again. Late in the evening here now, but I'll check it out more fully tomorrow. The college have told me they get it back up and running as soon as possible, but it appears they've got it sorted out already.

3 minutes ago, Chris Scally said:

Richard / Steve

It seems, from a very cursory look, that the Browse function is now working again. Late in the evening here now, but I'll check it out more fully tomorrow. The college have told me they get it back up and running as soon as possible, but it appears they've got it sorted out already.

Browse is still non-functional for me, insofar as all folders are empty and no files are displayed.

You can navigate through the folders -- and have been able to do that for some time, navigating has worked. The problem is that no files are presented inside of any of the folders. You click a folder and there just isn't anything there.

Richard,

My apologies - you are correct! Let's give them a few days and see if they can get it fixed properly. 

As promised earlier, I will post any update from Hood which I get.