The Education Forum

Who made LHO the "Patsy" other than himself

First -Happy New Year- to all of you

Since I'm interested in the JFK assasination there is one thing that, apart from many others, that pins my brain and this is LHO behavier after the shooting.

We all have various information about his involvment but what about his reasons to act so strange after the shooting. Why did he leave the TSD, why was he carring a weapon, why did he go to watch a movie after what happened just in front of his work place. Was he told to act so or did he panic? But if he only was a patsy why panic? What would have happend if he had just stayed at the TSD and

discussed the shooting with his colleges?

Thinking of all these questions make me think that LHO did put himself in this "patsy" situation but than the expression would't be accurate.

Did I miss some information or can somebody help me out on this?

Since I'm interested in the JFK assasination there is one thing that, apart from many others, that pins my brain and this is LHO behavier after the shooting.

We all have various information about his involvment but what about his reasons to act so strange after the shooting. Why did he leave the TSD, why was he carring a weapon, why did he go to watch a movie after what happened just in front of his work place. Was he told to act so or did he panic? But if he only was a patsy why panic? What would have happend if he had just stayed at the TSD and

Thinking of all these questions make me think that LHO did put himself in this  "patsy" situation but than the expression would't be accurate.

Good questions, George. Please note that the forum requires your FULL NAME as well as a photo of yourself. Welcome to the discussion.

Jack White :blink:

Good questions, George. Please note that the forum requires your FULL NAME as well as a photo of yourself. Welcome to the discussion.

Jack White :blink:

George joined (28th July) before the new rule became compulsory. I have emailed him with the new rules and hopefully he will comply.

George

Add to your list his actions before the assassination. Going to visit his wife a day before he was expected. Leaving his wedding ring and money behind for his wife. Taking "curtin rod" package to work with him that day.

I like the full context of the "patsy" comment, "No, they've taken me in because of the fact that I lived in the Soviet Union. I'M JUST A PATSY!"

His after assassination action that I find interesting to this case is his explicit and repeated request to have Jonathan Abt as his attorney. I have always felt that Oswald knew exactly which attorney he wanted. Abts backround with Smith Act (attempts to overthrough the government) cases is also of interest. These actions suggest a pre knowledge of the events that were to unfold on November 22, 1963. The ring, money and "curtin rods" suggest the same thing. Bullets in his pocket, leaving the scene, a gun and a dead cop between his residence and the movie theater that he selects to attend also looks, at minimum, as the actions of a suspicious character.

Having been a Marine who "defected" to the Soviet Union, his actions in New Orleans, the rifle and Hidell identification as well as his affiliation with George De Mohrenschildt not to mention his job at the TSBD.

As G. Robert Blakley said, "Lee Harvey Oswald is a mystery wrapped up in an enigma, hidden behind a riddle."

Jim Root

Jim,

Very well said!

I don't pretend to have any answers about LHO, but I am reasonably certain from all the reading I've done that he was far more complicated than many people gave him credit for -- most especially the Warren Commission.

I always found their treatment of LHO was specifically slanted to paint him in a certain light.

There are *so* many inconsistencies in the records regarding LHO that it is a virtual certainty that we have yet to learn the full extent and scope of what (and who) he was involved with. There are clear signs that he had a variety of connections and associations that were not fully explored when the WC considered the case.

About the only thing that I'm "certain" of is that it was no coincidence that LHO was in/around Dealy Plaza on November 22nd. The what and the why is still largely speculative.

Regards,

Frank

Frank

I thing you make an assumption here that I am not willing to concede:

" There are clear signs that he had a variety of connections and associations that were not fully explored when the WC considered the case. "

I tend to believe that there were, at least, some commissioners that could have been aware of the "connections and associations" of Lee Harvey Oswald and that is exactly why they were selected to be on and direct the commission findings (McCloy and Dulles in particular).

"There are *so* many inconsistencies in the records regarding LHO that it is a virtual certainty that we have yet to learn the full extent and scope of what (and who) he was involved with."

Agree completly although, of course, I have my ideas.

"About the only thing that I'm "certain" of is that it was no coincidence that LHO was in/around Dealy Plaza on November 22nd."

Exactly! I am in complete agreement here.

Jim Root

Thinking of all these questions make me think that LHO did put himself in this  "patsy" situation but than the expression would't be accurate.