The Education Forum

How the 36" Rifle Grew 4 inches

22 hours ago, Tom Gram said:

Oh no problem at all. The rifle trace investigation is an important topic that needs more people looking into it. It’s not as exciting as other topics, and the evidence is dense, archaic and contradictory as hell, but the WC did not provide anything even remotely close to an accurate account of what really happened so digging through this stuff is necessary to get a complete history of the assassination. 

You could got to Kennedysandking.com and read a couple of indepth papers I did on the subject...  or you can read an even more indepth look in H&L.

I also gave a PPT in Dallas a few years back with a very detailed look at the Italian rifles, their parts, and the lies of the DPD/FBI, et al.

PM me your email and I can send it to you if you'd like. This is but a small slice of the conspiracy to implicate Oswald

494040312_Riflebarrel.thumb.jpg.31ea017649c7689817af63565130568c.jpg

21 hours ago, David Josephs said:

You could got to Kennedysandking.com and read a couple of indepth papers I did on the subject...  or you can read an even more indepth look in H&L.

I also gave a PPT in Dallas a few years back with a very detailed look at the Italian rifles, their parts, and the lies of the DPD/FBI, et al.

PM me your email and I can send it to you if you'd like. This is but a small slice of the conspiracy to implicate Oswald

494040312_Riflebarrel.thumb.jpg.31ea017649c7689817af63565130568c.jpg

I'm very familiar with your work on the rifle and long essay at K&K. I think your research on this is extremely valuable, you made some phenomenal finds (the WC letter showing Feldsott's affidavit was pre-written is just mind boggling), and your essay is actually what got me digging into this aspect of the case in the first place. 

That said, I do not agree with your interpretations of a lot of the evidence, and you left out some of the most important documents of the rifle investigation IMO. A few examples would be the 8:01 a.m. CST teletype from Chicago that was the initial widespread dissemination of the Hidell sales order info; the 12:45 a.m. CST teletype from New York that states unequivocally that Crescent records failed to reflect sale of the rifle; and Fred Rupp's shipping book - which was not used by the WC and reflects Crescent shipping out over 50 36" rifles in Feb '63:

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=62266#relPageId=33 (Chicago Tel)

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=62264#relPageId=68 (New York Tel)

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=11277#relPageId=53 (Rupp Shipping Book)

An example of something I don't agree with is your discussion of Joseph Chapman's memo where Chapman states that according to the Chicago teletype, the records of Klein's disclosed that N2766 and C2746 were received from Crescent. If you read the Chicago teletype, it's obvious that Chapman made a mistake. The first paragraph of that teletype is a verbatim transcription of the 10:41 p.m. EST New York teletype discussing Crescent shipping records (the same teletype that mentions N2766 and C2746). The Chicago teletype actually states that the search for records of N2766 and C2746 at Klein's was discontinued after the FBI found the Hidell sales record (as mentioned in one of my previous comments in this thread).  

I already commented on the shipping slips - since in your essay you allege that the same set of slips had different paths into evidence through Feldsott and Waldman - but there are actually two different sets of slips in evidence (Felsott's say "office copy" ; Waldman's say "customers invoice") and a convoluted, questionable, yet documented chain of custody exists for both sets. 

Another thing I don't agree with is your interpretation of Waldman Exhibit 4, the VC control number list. You state in your essay that the numbers appear to be in no particular order, but the numbers are actually ordered exactly as would be expected from a multi-person unpacking operation. There's also a speculation section in your essay that states the VC list may have been made from the shipping slips. That is extremely unlikely if not impossible since three serial numbers on the VC list do not match the slips - which suggests that the SN's were most likely recorded incorrectly in Italy, IMO. My first post on ROKC was actually a critique of this part of your essay (pardon the thread title - I could be wrong too):

https://reopenkennedycase.forumotion.net/t2455-david-josephs-is-wrong-about-waldman-exhibit-4

I'd be happy to go into more detail and discuss any aspect of the rifle investigation with you. I could definitely be wrong about some of my criticisms of your research - I have a ton of information on this, but I've made several mistakes in interpreting the evidence and am always interested in learning something new.  

I'll definitely PM you my email to check out a copy of that PPT. I can also share the FBI Field Office files I have on the rifle that are not online. I linked some of them in this thread and am about to post a few more in Gil's 2766 thread, but I have a couple other documents that might be of interest too.           

Edited by Tom Gram