The Education Forum

Biden, Russia...or the CIA?

Benjamin Cole

Two Nord Stream pipelines under the Baltic Sea to Germany from Russia have been sabotaged.  Early reports blamed Russia, although Polish officials said the US did it. 

This clip showed up of Biden promising an end to the Nord Stream 2 pipeline if Russians invaded Ukraine...which they have. 

Did Biden approve the sabotage of undersea pipelines?  A rogue CIA action? (Think CIA during the JFK years, and during some other periods). 

Did Russia destroy the pipelines? (they seem to lose by the sabotage). 

Does Biden want to be seen as presidential, a "war president," the way Bush Jr. also talked about himself? War presidents are popular in the early stages of a conflict. 

Is the Ukraine war escalating? Putin, a madman, seems to want a prolonged conflict, is calling up the troops.  

Is there an easy victory in sight for the West? 

Looks ugly. 

If you factor in a little history and some context it becomes much clearer.  Russia began implementing a strategy of energy warfare  several years ago, shutting down the gas lines to Europe mid-winter.  Europe really didn't push back, Russia proceeded with actions against the former Republics like Georgia and turned the gas back on after a sort time.  It was pretty effective messaging.

At this point the tide has turned and Europe is building all sorts of new infrastructure, much of it involving expanding and building new pipelines...including under water lines.   Putin has just demonstrated that all that infrastructure is at risk.  Its just an extension of his energy warfare / blackmail concept and was certainly anticipated by intelligence services, including ours.  Hence the warnings.

Ben seems to have a burr under his saddle that causes him to blame Biden for every negative event in the world.

Almost as if he's had a "religious" experience and thinks Biden's true identity is Lucifer, Satan, Beelzebub, or whatever you wish to call him.

Russian invasion of Ukraine? Biden caused it, because he was seen as weak.

Putin threatening to use nukes in Ukraine? Biden caused it by strengthening Ukraine's military.

Putin, it would appear, can do no wrong in Ben's world. All Putin has to do is point at Biden and say, as a 5-year-old would, "HE MADE ME DO THIS!", and Putin's off the hook for his action and Biden's the villain.

Every damn time.

Even if it's PROVEN that Russia disrupted the gas lines to try to hold Europe hostage, I'm sure it'll be Biden's fault in Ben's little world.

But Trump... innocent until proven guilty in a court of law and all his appeals are exhausted.

Two different standards. And I'm not even a big Biden fan, but I know a double standard when I see one.

8 hours ago, Benjamin Cole said:

Two Nord Stream pipelines under the Baltic Sea to Germany from Russia have been sabotaged.  Early reports blamed Russia, although Polish officials said the US did it. 

This clip showed up of Biden promising an end to the Nord Stream 2 pipeline if Russians invaded Ukraine...which they have. 

Did Biden approve the sabotage of undersea pipelines?  A rogue CIA action? (Think CIA during the JFK years, and during some other periods). 

Did Russia destroy the pipelines? (they seem to lose by the sabotage). 

Does Biden want to be seen as presidential, a "war president," the way Bush Jr. also talked about himself? War presidents are popular in the early stages of a conflict. 

Is the Ukraine war escalating? Putin, a madman, seems to want a prolonged conflict, is calling up the troops.  

Is there an easy victory in sight for the West? 

Looks ugly. 

Well, humm, I admit that Biden has done a lot more to oppose Russia's rape of Ukraine than a Bernie Sanders or an Elizabeth Warren would have done. I give him full credit for that much. But, I think his utterly spineless response in the weeks leading up to the invasion, after he knew the Russians were massing to invade, led Putin to decide to go ahead and launch the invasion. 

Putin began massing troops on Ukraine's border a few weeks after Biden took office. By no later than October 2021, Biden knew that Putin was preparing to invade Ukraine. In a pitiful display of incompetence, Biden went running to the Chinese and begged them to talk Putin out of invading. Biden even shared with the Chinese our intel on Putin's invasion plans. And, leaving Biden shocked and angered, China promptly shared that intel with the Russians! It's jaw-dropping that Biden was surprised by China's treachery. 

Anyway, whoever is blowing up the pipelines, God bless them. 

1 hour ago, Michael Davidson said:

America did it ( as per usual ) , just like they provoked Russia to invade Ukraine ( via NATO expansion - which they originally promised not to do ) The MIC lives ...

Seriously? This is obscene Russian propaganda. This is the garbage that Putin says. That's like saying that England "provoked" Germany by promising to defend Poland if Germany invaded. Only an aggressive tyranny cares if a neighboring country joins a purely defensive alliance. 

I have dear friends in Ukraine, so this issue is very personal for me. My wife and I hosted a Ukrainian exchange student, a teenage girl, for a year in 2018 and visited her and her family in Ukraine in 2019. Her father, though in his 40s, has joined the Ukrainian army to help defend their country. 

It just makes me sick to see someone get on a public forum and blame America for Russia's attempted rape of Ukraine. 

11 hours ago, Larry Hancock said:

If you factor in a little history and some context it becomes much clearer.  Russia began implementing a strategy of energy warfare  several years ago, shutting down the gas lines to Europe mid-winter.  Europe really didn't push back, Russia proceeded with actions against the former Republics like Georgia and turned the gas back on after a sort time.  It was pretty effective messaging.

At this point the tide has turned and Europe is building all sorts of new infrastructure, much of it involving expanding and building new pipelines...including under water lines.   Putin has just demonstrated that all that infrastructure is at risk.  Its just an extension of his energy warfare / blackmail concept and was certainly anticipated by intelligence services, including ours.  Hence the warnings.

As a layman, I largely agree with you. 

IMHO, Putin has badly miscalculated the Ukraine situation,  and even that assumes Russia would benefit somehow by having Ukraine as a vassal state.  

Unfortunately, especially for the innocent involved, it looks like a long ugly war ahead. 

1 hour ago, Kathy Beckett said:

We have an area for non JFK topics on this board. Please post these types of things here.

Thanks

Kathy Beckett:  Yes, and perhaps this is the wrong place for this post. But the idea of a rogue CIA, akin to the JFK era, struck me as JFK-ish. 

As I have said, one reason to understand the JFKA in context, is to help understand modern events in context.

4 hours ago, Mark Knight said:

Ben seems to have a burr under his saddle that causes him to blame Biden for every negative event in the world.

Almost as if he's had a "religious" experience and thinks Biden's true identity is Lucifer, Satan, Beelzebub, or whatever you wish to call him.

Russian invasion of Ukraine? Biden caused it, because he was seen as weak.

Putin threatening to use nukes in Ukraine? Biden caused it by strengthening Ukraine's military.

Putin, it would appear, can do no wrong in Ben's world. All Putin has to do is point at Biden and say, as a 5-year-old would, "HE MADE ME DO THIS!", and Putin's off the hook for his action and Biden's the villain.

Every damn time.

Even if it's PROVEN that Russia disrupted the gas lines to try to hold Europe hostage, I'm sure it'll be Biden's fault in Ben's little world.

But Trump... innocent until proven guilty in a court of law and all his appeals are exhausted.

Two different standards. And I'm not even a big Biden fan, but I know a double standard when I see one.

MK-

I disagree with your assessment of me. 

Actually, I think Trump lacks the personality and character necessary, and is unfit to be President.

Biden's personality and character seem average, by Washington standards. 

That said, the West seems on the edge of a long war in Ukraine, or rather, already in the first inning. 

I really posted this as a query into whether this was a rogue CIA or Deep State action. There are many historical precedents for such an action, including during the JFK period.  

Some say JFK was often nearly pushed into war by the Deep State. Could the same thing be happening now to Biden? 

I don't think so; Putin looks like a madman. But we should always ask the question, given abundant precedent.  Unfortunately, as citizens we must look for Deep State triggers to war or broader wars.

I do wonder why the railroad lines inside Russia, that reach to the Ukraine border, have not been sabotaged. 

4 hours ago, Michael Griffith said:

Well, humm, I admit that Biden has done a lot more to oppose Russia's rape of Ukraine than a Bernie Sanders or an Elizabeth Warren would have done. I give him full credit for that much. But, I think his utterly spineless response in the weeks leading up to the invasion, after he knew the Russians were massing to invade, led Putin to decide to go ahead and launch the invasion. 

Putin began massing troops on Ukraine's border a few weeks after Biden took office. By no later than October 2021, Biden knew that Putin was preparing to invade Ukraine. In a pitiful display of incompetence, Biden went running to the Chinese and begged them to talk Putin out of invading. Biden even shared with the Chinese our intel on Putin's invasion plans. And, leaving Biden shocked and angered, China promptly shared that intel with the Russians! It's jaw-dropping that Biden was surprised by China's treachery. 

Anyway, whoever is blowing up the pipelines, God bless them. 

An interesting path not chosen would have been plausibly denial-able sabotage of Russian rail lines leading to Ukraine. 

But I am a layman on these matters....