The Education Forum

Bout time

I was gonna have shermer back on my show to talk about his book addressing the JFK Assassination and glad Joe had him back on and brought it up out the gate 

https://open.spotify.com/episode/63zzclCDFODzQonQx2j8UK?si=nw_yuNd_R5aitI-wRsjKsQ&context=spotify%3Ashow%3A4rOoJ6Egrf8K2IrywzwOMk

Edited by Robbie Robertson

4 hours ago, Robbie Robertson said:

I was gonna have shermer back on my show to talk about his book addressing the JFK Assassination and glad Joe had him back on and brought it up out the gate 

https://open.spotify.com/episode/63zzclCDFODzQonQx2j8UK?si=nw_yuNd_R5aitI-wRsjKsQ&context=spotify%3Ashow%3A4rOoJ6Egrf8K2IrywzwOMk

This is absolutely infuriating. I met Shermer and exchanged several emails with him. I presented him with page after page of info proving JFK's and Connally's wounds were not in a straight line, and that all the books and TV shows claiming as much were frauds. Rather than refute these points, he responded by telling me that you get lost in the minutiae when you look at such things, and that the overall picture suggests Oswald, so we didn't need to worry about the details regarding who was sitting where, etc. Now, this POS tells Rogan he believes in the SBT because they were in a straight line, etc.  Which I proved to him wasn't true and which he at that time said didn't really matter. Son of a B!

P.S. He also misrepresented the results of the mock trial. He said they voted to convict Oswald because there was no evidence pointing to anyone else. This wasn't exactly true. They thought there was sufficient evidence to convict Oswald. But when queried afterwards the majority said they believed Oswald was part of a conspiracy. This drove Bugliosi nuts. He won the battle but lost the war. So he spent much of the next 20 years ranting onto yellow paper, and released Reclaiming History to show these jurors they were wrong. 

P.P.S. After they stopped talking about the JFK assassination, the conversation actually got interesting. There is much to like about Shermer, which is why I talked to him after one of his presentations, and why I thought he might be open to actual evidence on the case. The dude clearly has a blind spot. 

Edited by Pat Speer

2 hours ago, Pat Speer said:

This is absolutely infuriating. I met Shermer and exchanged several emails with him. I presented him with page after page of info proving JFK's and Connally's wounds were not in a straight line, and that all the books and TV shows claiming as much were frauds. Rather than refute these points, he responded by telling me that you get lost in the minutiae when you look at such things, and that the overall picture suggests Oswald, so we didn't need to worry about the details regarding who was sitting where, etc. Now, this POS tells Rogan he believes in the SBT because they were in a straight line, etc.  Which I proved to him wasn't true and which he at that time said didn't really matter. Son of a B!

P.S. He also misrepresented the results of the mock trial. He said they voted to convict Oswald because there was no evidence pointing to anyone else. This wasn't exactly true. They thought there was sufficient evidence to convict Oswald. But when queried afterwards the majority said they believed Oswald was part of a conspiracy. This drove Bugliosi nuts. He won the battle but lost the war. So he spent much of the next 20 years ranting onto yellow paper, and released Reclaiming History to show these jurors they were wrong. 

P.P.S. After they stopped talking about the JFK assassination, the conversation actually got interesting. There is much to like about Shermer, which is why I talked to him after one of his presentations, and why I thought he might be open to actual evidence on the case. The dude clearly has a blind spot. 

He was on my show and you can notice one thing he does is bring examples of a bunch of things that aren’t relative to the point or question that is being addressed. Plus i don’t care if you are left or right or whatever your politics are but the extreme conservatism boiled out in the conversation in this episode which I just tuned out