The Education Forum

How come LHOs DPD hallway footage has not been colorized?

I came across this neat colorized footage online of the Hindenburg disaster and it made me wonder how come footage of LHO in the DPD hallway has not been colorized. I think I once saw a colorized version of the footage of Ruby killing Oswald and also the odd picture has been. But the hallway footage has not been as far as I know.

https://youtu.be/ewq5xLHz8yc

1 hour ago, Evan Marshall said:

don't see any need or relevance.

I think it could help make the assassination more contemporary for a younger audience. That black and white grainy DPD hallway footage makes the assassination look like something that happened 200 years ago.

The black-and-white imagery is truth.

Can we know that the colorization would be 100% accurate? Or would it be simply a best computer-generated guess?

3 hours ago, Mark Knight said:

The black-and-white imagery is truth.

Can we know that the colorization would be 100% accurate? Or would it be simply a best computer-generated guess?

The original black and white is technically a distortion of the real life colors too. The shades of grey were artificially created to represent real life colors. So if the real life colors were artificially altered by the black and white cameras, what's wrong with artificially altering the colors again but this time using color rather than black and white?

We've seen some new panoramic versions of the Zapruder film. These help our understanding of the original Zapruder film by helping us visualize the location of the limousine on Elm street in the wider context of Dealey Plaza itself.