The Education Forum

The Word "Day" on CE573?

5 hours ago, Mark Ulrik said:

They'll probably tell you to download the multi-part archive (446 GB in total) and decompress it. It will require disk space and patience but is perfectly doable. Mai Tais are optional. Roughly 1/20 are image files; the rest is 3D measurement data. The images of CE573 are from 5 different angles and also taken at different exposures. Not all areas of the bullet's surface are covered and in sharp focus, so expect the hunt for markings to be a frustrating one.

If you can, will you post available images here? Seems like you know what to know to do.

If the hunt for markings is fruitless, then it is.

In terms of intellectual honesty,  it should be noted that some markings may elude even hi-rez photography. 

You mentioned something called ccimages.com, or something to that effect. Could you create a web-location for viewing? 

Well, here is the reply I got from NARA on the Walker bullet----

Dear Benjamin Cole,

Thank you for contacting the National Archives. If you have a question about a description in the Catalog you should reach out to the reference unit listed in the Contact(s) section of the description. In this case, the electronic records reference staff at the National Archives in College Park, MD would be best able to help you. I have forwarded them this email and they will respond directly to you. In case you need to contact them, their email is: cer@nara.gov

If I can assist you further with questions about the National Archives Catalog, please contact me at catalog@nara.gov.

Sincerely,

Suzanne Isaacs

Community Manager, National Archives Catalog

---30---

So, we shall see. 

I will also e-mail Gary Murr. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/21/2023 at 7:30 PM, Benjamin Cole said:

If the hunt for markings is fruitless, then it is.

I was looking for any mention of CE2001 in this thread... as it truly makes CE573 kind of moot..

That simply cannot be the Walker bullet

WalkershootingreportCE2001highlightedcopy.jpg.bf568826aee09f6f1c1a0cc23c867746.jpg

lead_no_matchforetheWalkerbullettoc2766.jpg.7a77b38bd8bc72fd49b5d8561b8d0002.jpg

Hi Ben,

It has yet to be proven that a single item of incriminating evidence against the man who did not shoot anyone, is authentic and would be admitted into evidence as REAL; by definition it can't be as he simply did none of the things attributed to him.  CE2001 appears to make ce573 a prop in further establishing his guilt

I've always had a weird sense that Oswald here may actually know he was being railroaded and fell on his sword as part of the plan... when he is told at that press conference that he had indeed been charged with JFK's killing, he seems aware and resigned to his fate.

Only a gut feeling and possibility... his reaction to me says it all.  His being charged with JFK was just not a possibility before he is told.

9 hours ago, David Josephs said:

Hi Ben,

It has yet to be proven that a single item of incriminating evidence against the man who did not shoot anyone, is authentic and would be admitted into evidence as REAL; by definition it can't be as he simply did none of the things attributed to him.  CE2001 appears to make ce573 a prop in further establishing his guilt

I've always had a weird sense that Oswald here may actually know he was being railroaded and fell on his sword as part of the plan... when he is told at that press conference that he had indeed been charged with JFK's killing, he seems aware and resigned to his fate.

Only a gut feeling and possibility... his reaction to me says it all.  His being charged with JFK was just not a possibility before he is told.

DJ--

Great to hear from you.

Yes, in various other recent threads, we discuss the same-day official Dallas Police Department reports, authored and signed by detectives Don McElroy and Ira Van Cleave, that they found a steel-jacketed slug in the Walker home the night of shooting. 

I discuss how steel-jacketed bullets were (and still are) the rarity, copper-jacketing being the norm.

Also, how CE573, the purported Walker Bullet, is badly mangled and torn asunder, revealing solid copper jacketing. A textbook photo of a copper-jacketed bullet. No one can conflate CE573 with a steel-jacketed bullet. 

That the word DAY and a cross are not found on CE573, although Lt Day told the FBI and WC unequivocally that he placed those marks on the slug. 

That Chief Curry on Nov. 29 told the AP that he thought JFK had been shot with "steel jacketed" bullets. Now, why would Curry say that?

That detective Van Cleave told the AP and New York Times that the Walker bullet he handled and marked was a 30.06, steel jacketed---and what is interesting about this is that under duress of wartime copper shortages, the US military made steel-jacketed 30.06's, which were then dumped on surplus markets when the military switched to NATO-compliant ammo in 1955. There were steel-jacketed 30.06's on the market in 1963. 

The FBI never showed CE 573 (the purported Walker Bullet) to detective Van Cleave or McElroy. Only to a DPD patrolman, who left the DPD one month after the Walker shooting, and whose entire police career spanned six months. 

No one in police work ever conflates steel jacketed and copper jacketed bullets. That is a canard. 

The true Walker Bullet was found resting in between bundles of literature placed against the wall through which the bullet had putatively passed---as if the slug had been placed there. 

The DPD either never took or has suppressed photos of the true Walker Bullet. The DPD sent seven photos of the Walker crime scene to the FBI, but no photo of the bullet recovered that night. 

They are no surviving written records from the DPD lab at Parkland Hospital describing the Walker Bullet received on April 10, 1963. The DPD lab never ID'ed the bullet as copper-jacketed or steel-jacketed, or if they did, the paperwork has disappeared. 

In short, CE 573 odds-on is not the true Walker Bullet, and beyond that, the whole Walker episode may have been staged. In fact, LHO might have played a role in the farce, but not with a Mannlicher-Carcano. 

Edited by Benjamin Cole

39 minutes ago, Benjamin Cole said:

In short, CE 573 odds-on is not the true Walker Bullet, and beyond that, the whole Walker episode may have been staged. In fact, LHO might have played a role in the farce, but not with a Mannlicher-Carcano. 

Good to be back in the mix... and chat with you again

black is white... up is down...   oh, the JFK "situation"

1 hour ago, David Josephs said:

Good to be back in the mix... and chat with you again

black is white... up is down...   oh, the JFK "situation"

Glad you see you here. Although it is always intimidating when David Josephs reviews your copy---this guy DJ knows documents. 

30 minutes ago, Benjamin Cole said:

Glad you see you here. Although it is always intimidating when David Josephs reviews your copy---this guy DJ knows documents. 

:cheers   thanks for the warm smile.