The Education Forum

William Kelly's RFK, Jr. observations

Hey now, William Kelly has posted recently about RFK, Jr. and some uncanny parallels with 1968.

https://jfkcountercoup.blogspot.com/2023/06/rfk-jr-on-campaign-trail-its-deja-vu.html

I listened to his June 20, 2023 “Peace Speech” from New Hampshire, and was impressed, as I didn’t really disagree with anything he had to say, and it gave me a déjà vu, as in 1968, at 17, I was a “clean for Gene” McCarthy for President, when he knocked a sitting president LBJ out of the race in the early New Hampshire primary.

As Yogi Berra said, “It’s déjà vu all over again,” as just like 1968 there’s a Kennedy up against a sitting president, and the Democratic National Convention is in Chicago, where the democratic political machine and the Kennedy people ignored Gene McCarthy and went with lame George McGovern, who ushered in the Nixon years.

So now we have another Kennedy for President, up against a sitting democratic president with a convention in Chicago, something to look forward to as it is sure to get interesting.

Keeping it 100%, I corrected Kelly's spelling of Yogi's name. I really should volunteer my proofreading skills to him.

I've enjoyed finding Kelly's old posts on this forum and reading his posts on jfkcountercoup and jfkcountercoup2. On the latter, he republished this opinion piece which appeared in The Hill:

Why I believe RFK Jr. will be the 2024 Democratic nominee by Douglas Mackinnon