The Education Forum

VIDEO: Eagle-eyed Ted Callaway IDs Billy Lovelady as Oswald

In this scene from, "On Trial: Lee Harvey Oswald", eagle-eyed witness Ted Callaway, cock-sure of his ability to identify Oswald, ( "I could make that identification if they were naked" ) says he recognizes "faintly/vaguely" a man standing in front of the TSBD, then misidentifies Billy Lovelady as Oswald.

Edited by Gil Jesus

13 hours ago, Gil Jesus said:

In this scene from, "On Trial: Lee Harvey Oswald", eagle-eyed witness Ted Callaway, cock-sure of his ability to identify Oswald, ( "I could make that identification if they were naked" ) says he recognizes "faintly/vaguely" a man standing in front of the TSBD, then misidentifies Billy Lovelady as Oswald.

Callaway said the man (Lovelady) bore a resemblance to Oswald.  Callaway was correct, there was a resemblance (obviously).

Callaway did not identify Lovelady as Oswald and therefore couldn't have "misidentified" one for the other.

Spence showed Callaway the Lovelady (Altgens) photo and asked Callaway who the man was.  Callaway didn't bite.  Nice try by Spence but no cigar.

Why do you keep doing things like this?  I'm curious.

Edited by Bill Brown

4 hours ago, Bill Brown said:

Callaway said the man (Lovelady) bore a resemblance to Oswald.  Callaway was correct, there was a resemblance (obviously).

Callaway did not identify Lovelady as Oswald and therefore couldn't have "misidentified" one for the other.

Spence showed Callaway the Lovelady (Altgens) photo and asked Callaway who the man was.  Callaway didn't bite.  Nice try by Spence but no cigar.

Why do you keep doing things like this?  I'm curious.

He also said that he remembered the man in the doorway "faintly, vaguely."

If not Oswald, who was he talking about ?

Edited by Gil Jesus