The Education Forum

Greenwald Show: "Did the CIA Kill JFK?"

On 11/7/2023 at 4:40 PM, Benjamin Cole said:

In truth, I am uncomfortable with the "JFKA: Dulles Did It" conclusion. 

Ben, Dulles is probably the closest thing to a "focus of evil" so to speak figure that I've ever seen in a least 15 years following  this forum. And I think Talbot's "Devil's Chessboard" is the reason for that. I hold the theory in some high esteem as the most likely of a plurality of theories.

But I think you're coming in not wedded to any one theory is the best place to be Ben. Particularly where at least IMO  elements of  the forum are sort of mired in at least what IMO turns out to be  obstructionist fiercely held hero and conspiracy super hero and super villain politics.

As someone whose a bit more familiar with Talbot, that I know what his responses will be to almost everything. I'm looking for anything new and Greenwald brought up the Brazilian coup.
 But I don't find the response to this interview very penetrating, because it's mostly the same Talbot stuff most people here are familiar with, hashed over again but it's chief value at this point, for most adherents is for repeated  reinforcement and validation for their theories..

To get back to the interview. I know a bit about interviewing people. I think Greenwald is very intentional in his method here. Greenwald is sort of unaligned like you Ben,  but a relative newcomer and complete novice about the details of the JFKA. That's a pretty good place for Greenwald to be in that he gets street cred with Talbot for being anti "deep state", so he can ask him questions reflecting some of his skepticism, and be accepted.

The first question of some curiosity for Greenwald was mentioning the coup in Brazil and then button hooking it at the end into solidarity with Talbot about the msm collusion*. He wanted to see if Talbot, who holds JFK as probably the greatest American of our lifetime, (and it shows!) would acknowledge JFK was part of that coup, but leaves him an out to commiserate about the U.S. media coverage. Talbot doesn't address the JFK LBJ coup, so you wonder if he even knows about it!  But takes up the media collusion.

Then later, Greenwald mentions  another revered member of the left,  Noam Chomsky, and cites his denial that JFK wanted out of Vietnam and gets Talbot's viewpoint on that.

* I'm giving Greenwald  the benefit of the doubt about the evil MSM collusion prior to the JFKA, but it could be as willful back then as he assumes.  I think more likely intelligence just cultivated "confidential sources" to the small number of media sources and  outright BS'ed them, and they just accepted that they got the "inside  scoop."  because they didn't know any better and just blindly believed them! And that was the beginning of "Operation Mocking Bird."

1 hour ago, Kirk Gallaway said:

Ben, Dulles is probably the closest thing to a "focus of evil" so to speak figure that I've ever seen in a least 15 years following  this forum. And I think Talbot's "Devil's Chessboard" is the reason for that. I hold the theory in some high esteem as the most likely of a plurality of theories.

But I think you're coming in not wedded to any one theory is the best place to be Ben. Particularly where at least IMO  elements of  the forum are sort of mired in at least what IMO turns out to be  obstructionist fiercely held hero and conspiracy super hero and super villain politics.

As someone whose a bit more familiar with Talbot, that I know what his responses will be to almost everything. I'm looking for anything new and Greenwald brought up the Brazilian coup.
 But I don't find the response to this interview very penetrating, because it's mostly the same Talbot stuff most people here are familiar with, hashed over again but it's chief value at this point, for most adherents is for repeated  reinforcement and validation for their theories..

To get back to the interview. I know a bit about interviewing people. I think Greenwald is very intentional in his method here. Greenwald is sort of unaligned like you Ben,  but a relative newcomer and complete novice about the details of the JFKA. That's a pretty good place for Greenwald to be in that he gets street cred with Talbot for being anti "deep state", so he can ask him questions reflecting some of his skepticism, and be accepted.

The first question of some curiosity for Greenwald was mentioning the coup in Brazil and then button hooking it at the end into solidarity with Talbot about the msm collusion*. He wanted to see if Talbot, who holds JFK as probably the greatest American of our lifetime, (and it shows!) would acknowledge JFK was part of that coup, but leaves him an out to commiserate about the U.S. media coverage. Talbot doesn't address the JFK LBJ coup, so you wonder if he even knows about it!  But takes up the media collusion.

Then later, Greenwald mentions  another revered member of the left,  Noam Chomsky, and cites his denial that JFK wanted out of Vietnam and gets Talbot's viewpoint on that.

* I'm giving Greenwald  the benefit of the doubt about the evil MSM collusion prior to the JFKA, but it could be as willful back then as he assumes.  I think more likely intelligence just cultivated "confidential sources" to the small number of media sources and  outright BS'ed them, and they just accepted that they got the "inside  scoop."  because they didn't know any better and just blindly believed them! And that was the beginning of "Operation Mocking Bird."

KG--Thanks for your insights. 

For all I know, Dulles plotted the JFKA in detail. 

But...my point is, let's apply the same standards to Dulles that we apply to LHO.  

I have reasonable doubts, which is not the same as proof of innocence.  

I would not be surprised if a higher up in the CIA leaked the right info to people attached to the Miami station of CIA (where 400 CIA officers worked).  The Miamians hoodwinked LHO somehow. Was there tacit Dulles approval? Who knows? 

As lawyers say, "Never put into writing what can said. Never talk when a nod will do. Never nod if you can pretend not to have grasped what was said, and just stare out the window and say, "What a beautiful day outside." 

Harvey said the CIA created intentionally misleading paperwork to cover tracks. You might think you are reading the travel records of Officer X, but you are reading a phony itinerary. 

Edited by Benjamin Cole