The Education Forum

Reiner on Carolla

Rob Reiner went on Adam Carolla to promote his podcast. On the appearance he said that "no one has ever heard of George Joannides" - then he says that Joannides "oversaw the program that developed people like Lee Harvey Oswald" and "he knew Lee Harvey Oswald"

No credit is given to Jeff Morley for his work and as far as I can tell he greatly mischaracterizes what Joannides did do. 

Maybe he has some new information, however, I would expect that if there was additional info in this area Jefferson Morley would have reported it already.

This is the program:

Later in the program he talks about the pitfalls of disinformation and false information prolifterating online which was ironic

1 hour ago, Richard Booth said:

Rob Reiner went on Adam Carolla to promote his podcast. On the appearance he said that "no one has ever heard of George Joannides" - then he says that Joannides "oversaw the program that developed people like Lee Harvey Oswald" and "he knew Lee Harvey Oswald"

No credit is given to Jeff Morley for his work and as far as I can tell he greatly mischaracterizes what Joannides did do. 

Maybe he has some new information, however, I would expect that if there was additional info in this area Jefferson Morley would have reported it already.

This is the program:

Egads. This is like watching a multi-shot loose cannon roll around on deck. 

Yes, it is possible, perhaps even likely, Joannides was monitoring or supervising LHO in New Orleans, summer of '63.

That is why Jeff Morley wants to open the CIA files on Joannides work in New Orleans.

The same files now six-feet-under due to President Biden's snuff job. Biden is covering up what may be vital information leading to the true culprits in the JFKA. 

But as we cannot see the Joannides files, and Joannides is dead (and he might lie anyway)...we are left guessing. 

Reiner's powers of perception are decidedly dubious. 

14 minutes ago, Benjamin Cole said:

Egads. This is like watching a multi-shot loose cannon roll around on deck. 

Yes, it is possible, perhaps even likely, Joannides was monitoring or supervising LHO in New Orleans, summer of '63.

That is why Jeff Morley wants to open the CIA files on Joannides work in New Orleans.

The same files now six-feet-under due to President Biden's snuff job. Biden is covering up what may be vital information leading to the true culprits in the JFKA. 

But as we cannot see the Joannides files, and Joannides is dead (and he might lie anyway)...we are left guessing. 

Right - either he has some new information OR he's just totally wrecking it. And given it's Rob Reiner I think the chances are good he's just wrecking it. 

If we had anything that suggested that Joannides ran a program that recruited Oswald, and/or knew Oswald, Morley would have written about that a long time ago.

FWIW, I suspect Joannides absolutely had to have known Oswald's name due to the whole NOLA WDSU debate and how DRE had a dossier on Oswald, was distributing that to radio and friendly press contacts immediately on 11.22.63 -- most assuredly Joannides would have been in a position to be aware of that given his role as "handling" or "managing" the D.R.E. 

We could of course deduce from these facts that it's certain Joannides would be familiar with the Marine defector. 

On the other hand, Reiner is not dileneating it that way. I don't think I've once heard him talk about how Joannides was in a supervisory position of supporting and funding the D.R.E. -- and you would expect someone to make that connection first and with immediacy: you link CIA dollars to Bringuier and you talk about the Oswald/Carte Blanche radio debate, the whole NOLA 'FPCC' operation and link that up with the agency.

But it's almost as if he Reiner doesn't know about any of that and instead talks as if Joannides was Oswald's case officer or something. It's all very strange and serves to disinform the audience. 

Rob Reiner is doing a terrible job with this so far. Tosh Plumlee and now "no one has ever heard the name George Joannides before" - WOW!

22 minutes ago, Benjamin Cole said:

That's for sure!

He also repeatedly calls Oswald a creep and a misfit. Meanwhile look to what George DeMohrenschildt and Buell Frazier had to say. He was anything but a creep.

On that same Adam Carolla episode, Reiner alludes to a "CIA agent" he talked to who said that the JFKA has "all the hallmarks" of a "rogue operation" -- beep beep HERE COMES ROLF MOWAT-LARSSEN

30 minutes ago, Richard Booth said:

.FWIW, I suspect Joannides absolutely had to have known Oswald's name due to the whole NOLA WDSU debate and how DRE had a dossier on Oswald, was distributing that to radio and friendly press contacts immediately on 11.22.63 --

Richard,

Articles on Oswald's "defection" ran in 1959 newspapers in Augusta, GA, Charleston, SC, Dallas and Fort Worth, Washington, DC, and Scanton, PA among others.

Steve Thomas0

Edited by Steve Thomas

I know that, though my point was to say he was far more than familiar as in "I think I read about that in the paper, I heard about that guy"

The point was to say that he would have been far more familiar given his job, in a supervisory position with D.R.E. -- he would know about that debate. He probably would have read a transcript of the debate. He would have likely read a number of other things that were certainly not in a newspaper.

But what Reiner said on the program was way off base. Unless of course he has some new information, which I guess we'll find out about that.