The Education Forum

Bernard "Bob" Barker, GK, Watergate

If you want to watch about the Grassy Knoll perp, do not watch this video.

Some have posited Watergate burglar and CIA asset Bernard Barker was the man who flashed Secret Service credentials at Dallas Sheriff Seymour Weitzman and DPD Joe Hill on 11/22. The evidence for that is rather thin, although in theory it holds water.  This video barely touches upon that particular topic. 

But it remains interesting that so many names connected to the Watergate burglary also show up in relation to the JFKA, including James McCord and E. Howard Hunt. 

Some have called the Tippit murder the "Rosetta Stone" of the JFKA. I am more inclined that the Watergate burglary and the RFK1A are more likely the Rosetta Stones. 

The garrulous Groubert expands that what we are seeing are Deep State ops to remove un-liked Presidents, with the intel perps effectively using assassinations or partisan strife to depose Presidents. Agree or disagree, Groubert is an interesting watch. 

Groubert has many episodes on the JFKA, btw. 

Edited by Benjamin Cole

26 minutes ago, Benjamin Cole said:

CIA asset Bob Barker was the man who flashed Secret Service credentials at Dallas Sheriff Seymour Weitzman

Bob Barker was the host of "The Price is Right", and to the best of my knowledge, was never on the Grassy Knoll...

The photo at the beginning of this topic is of Bernard Barker of Miami, who became one of my clients in Watergate when Hunt and Liddy around 4:30 A.M. on June 17, 1972, requested that I represent the five arrested burglars along with them. Hunt was in my apartment then about a mile from the White House and called Liddy at his home where he had gone after the arrests of the five burglars at Watergate about three hours earlier. I testified to all of this at Liddy's and McCord's trial in January 1973. Hunt pled guilty at the beginning of the trial after his wife's mysterious death the month before and the four Cuban-Americans followed Hunt's lead and also pled guilty.

Edited by Douglas Caddy

11 minutes ago, Douglas Caddy said:

The photo at the beginning of this topic is of Bernard Barker of Miami, who became one of my clients in Watergate when Hunt and Liddy around 4:30 A.M. on June 17, 1972, requested that I represent the five arrested burglars along with them. Hunt was in my apartment then about a mile from the White House and called Liddy at his home where he had gone after the arrests of the five burglars at Watergate about 14 hours earlier. I testified to all of this at Liddy's and McCord's trial in January 1973. Hunt pled guilty at the beginning of the trial after his wife's mysterious death the month before and the four Cuban-Americans followed Hunt's lead and also pled guilty.

"If no one asked you to be here, why are you here?"

13 minutes ago, Matt Cloud said:

"If no one asked you to be here, why are you here?"

All this is explained in my forthcoming book, The First Hour of Watergate. About forty percent of the book is already posted on the forum. The best is yet to come. Note that in the movie in this scene my name is not used. A made-up name is used.  My guess is that this was done to forestall any lawsuit by me. 

2 minutes ago, Douglas Caddy said:

All this is explained in my forthcoming book, The First Hour of Watergate. About forty percent of the book is already posted on the forum. The best is yet to come. Note that in the movie in this scene my name is not used. A made-up name is used.  My guess is that this was done to forestall any lawsuit by me. 

Yes.  

Who knew or could have caused to have the money laundered through Mexico be given to Maurice Stans thereby injecting into the Nixon bloodstream in effect the "Mexico City Shenanigans" of a decade prior, obliging Nixon to go to Helms and say "I see what's going on here, surely you see what's going on here, why don't we cool it on the Mexico angle, huh?"  "The whole Bay of Pigs thing."

In one swoop this ties Nixon and his admin into the Kennedy assassination, thus freezing further inquiry by the president and his aides into the matter, which they had up until then been investigating.

LETTER TO MR. MAURICE H. STANS FROM JOHN A. MCCONE

https://www.cia.gov/readingroom/docs/CIA-RDP80B01676R003500240002-8.pdf

1 hour ago, Matt Cloud said:

Come on down!

"Help control the pet population.  Remember to have your pet spayed or neutered."

(Sorry.)

Sadly, I am showing my age. I actually remember Bob Barker. I even remember Art Linkletter. 

Post corrected. 

1 hour ago, Matt Cloud said:

Yes.  

Who knew or could have caused to have the money laundered through Mexico be given to Maurice Stans thereby injecting into the Nixon bloodstream in effect the "Mexico City Shenanigans" of a decade prior, obliging Nixon to go to Helms and say "I see what's going on here, surely you see what's going on here, why don't we cool it on the Mexico angle, huh?"  "The whole Bay of Pigs thing."

In one swoop this ties Nixon and his admin into the Kennedy assassination, thus freezing further inquiry by the president and his aides into the matter, which they had up until then been investigating.

LETTER TO MR. MAURICE H. STANS FROM JOHN A. MCCONE

https://www.cia.gov/readingroom/docs/CIA-RDP80B01676R003500240002-8.pdf

Kenneth H. Dahlberg, Link in the Watergate Chain, Dies at 94

• Oct. 8, 2011

“Who the hell is Ken Dahlberg?” President Richard M. Nixon asked on June 23, 1972, his voice captured on tape in the Oval Office. He would find out soon enough. Without Kenneth H. Dahlberg, Nixon might not have become ensnared in the Watergate scandal and been forced to resign.

Mr. Dahlberg, who died on Tuesday at 94, became the unwitting link between the Nixon re-election campaign and the five men who, only days before Nixon’s remark, were charged with breaking into the Democratic National Committee headquarters at the Watergate complex in Washington.

He had been a fund-raiser for Nixon’s re-election campaign, and his name was on a $25,000 cashier’s check that had been deposited in the bank account of one of the burglars, Bernard L. Barker. The money was to help cover the burglars’ expenses, and Mr. Barker had withdrawn that amount in $100 bills. He was carrying more than $5,000 when he was arrested on June 17.

https://www.nytimes.com/2011/10/09/us/kenneth-h-dahlberg-watergate-figure-and-wwii-ace-dies-at-94.html

5 hours ago, Matt Cloud said:

Kenneth H. Dahlberg, Link in the Watergate Chain, Dies at 94

• Oct. 8, 2011

“Who the hell is Ken Dahlberg?” President Richard M. Nixon asked on June 23, 1972, his voice captured on tape in the Oval Office. He would find out soon enough. Without Kenneth H. Dahlberg, Nixon might not have become ensnared in the Watergate scandal and been forced to resign.

Mr. Dahlberg, who died on Tuesday at 94, became the unwitting link between the Nixon re-election campaign and the five men who, only days before Nixon’s remark, were charged with breaking into the Democratic National Committee headquarters at the Watergate complex in Washington.

He had been a fund-raiser for Nixon’s re-election campaign, and his name was on a $25,000 cashier’s check that had been deposited in the bank account of one of the burglars, Bernard L. Barker. The money was to help cover the burglars’ expenses, and Mr. Barker had withdrawn that amount in $100 bills. He was carrying more than $5,000 when he was arrested on June 17.

https://www.nytimes.com/2011/10/09/us/kenneth-h-dahlberg-watergate-figure-and-wwii-ace-dies-at-94.html

It was those consecutively numbered bills that were found on the burglars, and in the HoJo hotel room on Watergate night. 

The funny part is, Gordon Liddy figured this out that night, and literally began to run his Benjamin Franklins through a shredder. 

Many have noted the number of bungles during, before and after the break-in would discredit the Keystone Kops. 

Groubert thinks it was some sort of set-up, part of a plan to depose Nixon.

Those were the days....

• Benjamin Cole changed the title to Bernard "Bob" Barker, GK, Watergate
6 hours ago, Benjamin Cole said:

It was those consecutively numbered bills that were found on the burglars, and in the HoJo hotel room on Watergate night. 

The funny part is, Gordon Liddy figured this out that night, and literally began to run his Benjamin Franklins through a shredder. 

Many have noted the number of bungles during, before and after the break-in would discredit the Keystone Kops. 

Groubert thinks it was some sort of set-up, part of a plan to depose Nixon.

Those were the days....

Groubert is right on this.

14 minutes ago, Douglas Caddy said:

Groubert is right on this.

ASSOCIATED PRESS

Nov. 17, 1974

Hunt tells of earlier operation

New York -- Convicted Watergate conspirator E. Howard Hunt says he, Gordon Liddy and Egil Krogh were involved in a clandestine drug-fighting operation ordered by President Nixon before they shifted to political espionage which resulted in the Watergate break-in.  

Hunt said the operation was part of a secret Government operation which eventually convinced Turkey to stop growing opium poppies.

The world-ranging drug operation was originated by Liddy [sic] and approved by Presidential advisor John Ehrlichman and Mr. Nixon after Mr. Liddy conceived an operation called "breaking the connection" in the summer of 1971.

The plan was run from the White House office of Mr. Krogh, then an advisor to Mr. Ehrlichman, Hunt said.

"The point was to dooky off the supply of heroin [made from opium] at the source."  Hunt said in an interview here, where he is publicizing his book, "Undercover."

Hunt gave most of the credit for the operation to Liddy and implied it was the drug operation that keeps Liddy silent despite his 20-year Watergate prison sentence.

At the time of the drug operation, Hunt said he was chief of covert operations for the Central Intelligence Agency for Western Europe.

He said he had nothing to do with operations in Turkey and that his work was limited to the north sore of the Mediterranean Sea and the Golden Triangle, a region that stretches through the highlands of Vietnam, Cambodia Laos and into Burma.