The Education Forum

4 Months Before He Shot JFK, Lee Harvey Oswald Lectured the Jesuits

Robert Burrows

Thank you Bill for posting Oswald's notes, speech and Q&A of the Jesuit Studies speech. I do believe his thoughts at that session represent the essence of who Oswald really was. I recommend members of the forum read the full WC testimony of Nelson Delgado, (Oswald's marine buddy). I think it provides a comprehensive 'picture' of Oswald's true character which coincides with the Jesuit speech. (NOTE: the '59 Oswald differs little from the '63 Oswald)

4 hours ago, Claude Barnabe said:

IMHO the Delgado testimony provides the motivation for the participation of LHO on 11/22/63. It explains LHO desire to learn Spanish and his desire to reverse his undesirable discharge.

Claude, could you elaborate further on how you see Delgado's testimony of his and Oswald's early interest in going to Castro's Cuba (dropped by Delgado, continued by Oswald) sheds light on or background or further understanding of what Oswald was doing on Nov 22, 1963? 

I too am struck by the continuity between Delgado's Oswald in 1959 and Oswald in 1963 at Spring Hill; also Oswald's proficiency in Spanish.

Edited by Greg Doudna