The Education Forum

New John B. Hurt info

Thanks, Jim. Fascinating stuff indeed.

James

Jim, Do you have the book "The Ultra Americans" by Thomas Parrish/Stein & Day/1986?

It contains a significant (actually four pages of information) about a John Hurt from "Wytheville, VA." It is undoubtedly the man. I found the book today and bought it at a bookstore here in Dallas, I have always been fascinated about the "Raleigh Call and Lee Harvey Oswald" as well. Let me know, I will post the pertinent sections on this thread, if you wish. Just respond to this post, if you don't already have the book.

Thanks, Jim. Fascinating stuff indeed.

James

Jim, Do you have the book "The Ultra Americans" by Thomas Parrish/Stein & Day/1986?

It contains a significant (actually four pages of information) about a John Hurt from "Wytheville, VA." It is undoubtedly the man. I found the book today and bought it at a bookstore here in Dallas, I have always been fascinated about the "Raleigh Call and Lee Harvey Oswald" as well. Let me know, I will post the pertinent sections on this thread, if you wish. Just respond to this post, if you don't already have the book.

Readers:

This thread ties the American Japanese language NSA code breaker John Hurt

to the John Hurt that Lee Oswald is known to have been attempting to call from jail.

I have always said that John Hurt was one of Oswald's core recruiters from Atsugi Air Base circa 1959,

and that Oswald was calling his sponsor, who would help him.

Patsy to the bitter end,

Oswald was really a victim of the Cold War counter intelligence double and triple agent game.........

Robert

Thanks Robert, please post any additional information that you have found. The John B. Hurt from "Wytheville, VA." is the NSA codebreaker and person that I looked for for years. I will reiterate that this same man can be connected to Edwin Walker (loose connection, approx. 1935), Maxwell Taylor (stronger connection, 1935 - 1942) and John J. McCloy (strongest connection, 1941 - ?).

Maxwell Taylors work as a Japanese linguist and some of the positions that he held in pre-war Japan lead me to believe that his 1935 - 1939 period may have put him in the center of the codebreaking intelligence gathering target. While he was in Japan a Japanese codebook was stolen from a Japanese government office that Taylor frequented. It is tantilizing to speculate that it may have been Taylor that liberated that book. Understanding some of the infiltration type of covert operations that he was involved in during WWII it would not surprize me if he was the man.

McCloys familiarity with the work of John B. Hurt results in one of the most interesting historical realities of our time. McCloy, when asked by Harry Truman, at a June 18, 1945 where the invasion of Japan was decided would give as a reason not to invade an almost verbatum quote from a Japanese intercept that was translated by John B. Hurt. McCloy was the person who decided who would see the "Magic" intercepts that were translated by Hurt and who would not be privy to this information. Here the noose is drawn rather tight.

Jim Root

Robert

Thanks Robert, please post any additional information that you have found. The John B. Hurt from "Wytheville, VA." is the NSA codebreaker and person that I looked for for years. I will reiterate that this same man can be connected to Edwin Walker (loose connection, approx. 1935), Maxwell Taylor (stronger connection, 1935 - 1942) and John J. McCloy (strongest connection, 1941 - ?).

Maxwell Taylors work as a Japanese linguist and some of the positions that he held in pre-war Japan lead me to believe that his 1935 - 1939 period may have put him in the center of the codebreaking intelligence gathering target. While he was in Japan a Japanese codebook was stolen from a Japanese government office that Taylor frequented. It is tantilizing to speculate that it may have been Taylor that liberated that book. Understanding some of the infiltration type of covert operations that he was involved in during WWII it would not surprize me if he was the man.

McCloys familiarity with the work of John B. Hurt results in one of the most interesting historical realities of our time. McCloy, when asked by Harry Truman, at a June 18, 1945 where the invasion of Japan was decided would give as a reason not to invade an almost verbatum quote from a Japanese intercept that was translated by John B. Hurt. McCloy was the person who decided who would see the "Magic" intercepts that were translated by Hurt and who would not be privy to this information. Here the noose is drawn rather tight.

Jim Root

Excellent work, Jim

Thomas