The Education Forum

Grady Partin and Roy Hargraves

I was wondering if anyone has any information that puts Roy Hargraves and Edward Grady Partin together in Louisiana?

Partin was a Teamster and was supposedly approached by Hoffa in a plot to kill Robert Kennedy. Other supposeds include that Partin was connected to Castro somehow and a photograph exists that shows Partin and Jack Ruby together.

I am really short on details here but Partin and Hargraves were supposedly together in Baton Rouge and involved with revolutionary type activities. If anyone has anything at all on this, it would be greatly appreciated.

Grady Partin below.

James

James, as I am sure you are aware, Partin was one of the primary witnesses against Hofa in the jury tampering trial that was going on in Chatanoga during the Garrison investigation.

I believe that in "Deep Politics" Peter Dale Scott sugests that people were using the Garrison investigation to pressure Partin to affect his testimony in the Hoffa trial: i.e., an implication he would be named in the Garrison probe if he did not cooperate in the Hoffa trial. I do not recall who the pressure came from.

I'll try to find the reference and post it later, perhaps tomorrow.

Edited by Tim Gratz

James,

From Weberman's nodules.

HARGRAVES AND GRADY PARTIN

HEMMING 1995: "HARGRAVES was dealing with Grady Partin when he was still friendly with Jimmy Hoffa. Partin helped do a number of things in Baton Rouge for HARGRAVES. And HARGRAVES was puzzled what the hell could they get on Grady to make him roll over that way. I never asked HARGRAVES [about the connection of Edward Partin to Fidel Castro] but HARGRAVES and Partin were like two of a kind in talking about revolutionaries, that was a term that was used, the real revolutionaries, starting with the American revolution. HARGRAVES got along famously with Grady because he talked like a revolutionary and he had the stories and he had the xxxx together in the exact (?) and that kind of stuff."

Quite a few interesting hits on Partin at NARA (30) - but nothing when trying to tie Hargraves in. Here's one I found interesting...

Hit 1 of 1

AGENCY INFORMATION

AGENCY : CIA

RECORD NUMBER : 104-10074-10247

RECORDS SERIES : JFK

AGENCY FILE NUMBER : 80T01357A

DOCUMENT INFORMATION

ORIGINATOR : CIA

TO : [No To]

TITLE : MEMO RE EDWARD GRADY PARTIN AND HIS CONTACTS WITH THE

CUBAN EMBASSY OR CONSULATE IN MEXICO CITY.

DATE : 02/26/1971

PAGES : 2

DOCUMENT TYPE : PAPER, TEXTUAL DOCUMENT

SUBJECTS : CUBAN CONTACTS; PARTIN, EDWARD

CLASSIFICATION : SECRET

RESTRICTIONS : OPEN IN FULL

CURRENT STATUS : OPEN

DATE OF LAST REVIEW : 07/20/1993

COMMENTS : JFK16:F67 1993.07.20.13:42:33:090540:

Audit history for this Record Identification Form

Practically useless, but maybe interesting Washington Post article which has something about a conversation between Partin and Hoffa, with Partin saying he can get Plastic Explosives...overheard in Baton Rouge.

Tim and Lee,

Thank you, gentlemen. The Partin comment about being able to get explosives is interesting. I wonder if that's where Hargraves comes into it?

Also, Lee, the NARA hit made me double take. Contacts with the Cuban Embassy or Consulate in Mexico City? It's dated 1971 but that might make for some interesting reading.

Cheers,

James