The Education Forum

Altgens 6.5

I read some of altgens testimony, where he said that he was still kicking himself for freezing at the moment of the head shot.

That as a proffesional photographer he was there to do a job, and should not have froze when Kennedy's head exploded.

Pure Speculation:

This is my question.

Is it possible that Altgens did in fact take that picture at the moment of the head shot, and because of his close proximity to the Limo that the resulting photo showing the true nature of the head wound was just too hot to handle and was confiscated by the authorities.

I doubt that Altgens would have spoken out about this, as there would have been Gov pressure on him to keep silent.

Z-346 showing Altgens close proximity to the Limo.

He was in a perfect position to Capture the "Head Shot" image.

4915.jpg

Edited by Robin Unger

Guest Stephen Turner

Hi Robin.

This may be completely missing the point,but did Altgens serve any time in the Military, and if so as what.(Photographer?) and further, did he or his unit come under fire at any time? My guess is that the responce to gun fire from non army types is to either, run like hell, or, become rooted to the spot. where as army training means you do your duty come hell or high water,Altgens duty on this occasion was to record the murder of his president,and make himself a rich man into the bargain. FWIW. Steve.

I submit Altgen's duty to his family was to duck.

I remember Reagan's famous quite after the failed assassination attempt on his life: "I forgot to duck."

Which brings up a point: Reagan's popularity soared immensely after that attempt. No way do I assert it was staged. How about this as a scenario, however: LHO is suckered into participating in what he believes will be a staged botched assassination attempt that will not only cause an invasion of Cuba but also make JFK, who he reportedly admired, a hero? Speculation to be sure but the same line could have been fed to others as well.

Is there not a scenario floating around that it started as a staged botched assassination attempt and somebody (somebodies) "hijacked" it and made it real. Those who participated could hardly come forward and disclose what had happened for who would believe them? Now, as you know, I don't like speculation but nonetheless this COULD be a possibility. It explains, of course, the missed shot. Is there a consensus that the first shot missed? I don't think this is clear?

Guest Stephen Turner
Is there not a scenario floating around that it started as a staged botched assassination attempt and somebody (somebodies) "hijacked" it and made it real.  Those who participated could hardly come forward and disclose what had happened for who would believe them?  Now, as you know, I don't like speculation but nonetheless this COULD be a possibility.  It explains, of course, the missed shot.  Is there a consensus that the first shot missed?  I don't think this is clear?

Tim, its a possibility. I seem to remember reading way back, that Oswald was duped into firing a "Missed" shot at Kennedy, so that JFK would beef up his security personel, cant remember who's theory this was.Interesting coinsidence with his brother requesting no LAPD cover at the Hotel rally

Altgens WC Testimony.

QUOTE:

Mr. ALTGENS - I was prepared to make a picture at the very instant the President was shot. I had refocused to 15 feet because I wanted a good closeup of the President and Mrs. Kennedy, and that's why I know that it would be right at 15 feet, because I had prefocused in that area, and I had my camera almost to my eye when it happened and that's as far as I got with my camera.

Because, you see, even up to that time I didn't know that the President had been shot previously. I still thought up until that time that all I heard was fireworks and that they were giving some sort of celebration to the President by popping these fireworks. It stunned me so at what I saw that I failed to do my duty and make the picture that I was hoping to make.

Stephen.

I am not sure about Altgens military backround, i'll check into it.

QUOTE:

Mr. ALTGENS - I was prepared to make a picture at the very instant the President was shot. I had refocused to 15 feet because I wanted a good closeup of the President and Mrs. Kennedy, and that's why I know that it would be right at 15 feet, because I had prefocused in that area, and I had my camera almost to my eye when it happened and that's as far as I got with my camera.

Because, you see, even up to that time I didn't know that the President had been shot previously. I still thought up until that time that all I heard was fireworks and that they were giving some sort of celebration to the President by popping these fireworks. It stunned me so at what I saw that I failed to do my duty and make the picture that I was hoping to make.

ALTGENS probably wouldn't have gone into detail about the 15 foot focus ring setting if he took the shot.

The photo you posted Robin, it shows a white globular body.

This appears in the NIX home movie film.

I thought the white globular body behind and around Kennedy's head was his brain matter, but now I recognize the white body as Jackie's hand.

Jackie chased a piece of skull or other cranial material back onto the rear trunk lid.

This is the central fact supporting a forward shooter, by the way.

All the films show her crawling topside and to the rear, following an occipital fragment, and this should never be confused with the white glove, here in Zapruder or in the doctored Nix.

:up:up:up:up:up:up:up

Jackie chased a piece of skull or other cranial material back onto the rear trunk lid.

This is the central fact supporting a forward shooter, by the way.

All the films show her crawling topside and to the rear, following an occipital fragment, and this should never be confused with the white glove, here in Zapruder or in the doctored Nix.

Thanks Shanet.

By the way, what ever happened to the gloves after parkland. ?

4839.gif