The Education Forum

CIA Documents

Today while on the NARA website and some other sites. I discovered the existence of a set of documents compiled while William Colby was DCI, that detail "abuses" that took place before he assumed the position of Director of the Agency. The portion that deals with the JFK assassination is some 17 pages long, and I understand that documents have been de-classified. Has any member of the forum seen the JFK documents that could elabotate or share what they know?

Robert, are you saying the "Family Jewels" have been declassified? If so, where do we get them?

It could very well be that the document you mentioned was something prepared for the Church hearings, when Colby was still DCI. Hopefully someone will know for sure.

Today while on the NARA website and some other sites. I discovered the existence of a set of documents compiled while William Colby was DCI, that detail "abuses" that took place before he assumed the position of Director of the Agency. The portion that deals with the JFK assassination is some 17 pages long, and I understand that documents have been de-classified. Has any member of the forum seen the JFK documents that could elabotate or share what they know?

See the following for background details on this topic:

James Schlesinger Directive

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=4121

Richard Helms

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=4395

Portions of the Family Jewels documents have indeed been de-classified they are included in the initial? release of the AARB Final Report and are listed among a plethora of other documents in "Box 13" under the subheading "Files of Michelle Combs" one of the members of the AARB.