The Education Forum

The Left Side Of Kennedys Head?

(Still reeling from my Groden/Posner mixup, I have since had some sleep and given myself a good talking to...)

It occurred to me today while waching a guy in a convertable drive by (of all things) that there are no pictures of the left side of JFK's head from Parkland or otherwise....

Unless I missed them somewhere...

Now that's a strange thing in itself... Most forensic photographers ( One of my best friends was a crime scene photog for years) either on scene or post mortem take shots from all angles.

Now if I were controlling a bunch of guys in an autopsy and knew what the real story was, I sure as hell wouldnt want a shot of the back left side of his head now would I? Or would I?

If I wanted to refute a shot from the right front, one would think I would want to show a perfect left back...

There are a lot of chunks talked about as well...

The one Jackie grabbed, the huge one that flew around inside the car and the piece (or pieces) that were found on the grass..... That's a lot of skull to be floating around...

I dunno..Just struck me as odd and I've never seen the question asked anywhere..

More of a question than a statement, does anyone have any ideas on this?

hi Blair, this one from the left I don't know if it was parkland or where it was taken. No doubt someone can say. As far as I know there were some 80 odd pics taken and only a handful released? There are as far as I know a couple of oblique ones of the front - right side - back but no square on front right back, which would be good to see if they were available.(i think I got this one from Lancer site)

hi Blair, this one from the left I don't know if it was parkland or where it was taken. No doubt someone can say. As far as I know there were some 80 odd pics taken and only a handful released? There are as far as I know a couple of oblique ones of the front - right side - back but no square on front right back, which would be good to see if they were available.(i think I got this one from Lancer site)

The photo posted was taken at Bethesda. There were no photos taken at Parkland. Additionally, the autopsy photos currently in the public domain were never "officially" released.

Not sure what you mean by "no square on front right back". Are you referring to a photo of the entire right side of the head? The autopsy photos are in the National Archives, but can only be viewed with permission of the Kennedy family attorneys.

http://www.jfklancer.com/aphotos.html

RJS

Edited by Richard J. Smith

"no square on front right back".

RJS

I think he meant "no square on one of front right back" meaning a photo square, or dead on..

Thanks guys..

The Photos I have seen for the most part look altered which is why I asked.

My favorites are the ones pulling the skin up on towards the head wound and the other being the one where the ruler and two hands appear to be stretching or rather moving the back wound over....

There seems to be a number of focal length problems with all of the ones of the back top of his head, with the hair being on a different focal plane than the rest of the picture... as if they were superimposed....

Not news but..

Thanks for reading and posting guys...