The Education Forum

The Media and the JFK Assassination

John Simkin

[quote name='Lynne Foster' date='Nov 19 2005, 05:13 AM' post='45702']

Okay, I get the point, but I still don't see any value in anything that Jim Garrison did.

It would be like trying to rehabilitate Nixon or some criminal, it just does not work for me.

Too many good researchers have exposed Garrison for what he was, and his lies, his deception and the circus he created cannot be reversed, despite your friend Lisa or anybody else who supports him.

And I don't need to read what anybody says about Garrison, his own words expose his lies.

So remain closed-minded. But don't write pretending to be all nicey nicey.

I won't respond to it next time.

You have ONE AGENDA here and it's NOT to learn who killed JFK.

So drop the act. No one's buying.

So long Lynne/Mat.

Dawn

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you want to call exosing the truth about Jim Garrison -one agenda- that's fine but it's a necessary agenda, to understand the truth about the Kennedy assassination.

********************************************************************************

"If you want to call exosing the truth about Jim Garrison -one agenda- that's fine but it's a necessary agenda, to understand the truth about the Kennedy assassination."

Then, why don't you take it to McAdams' or David Reitzes' site if you're so hell-bent on spewing your skewed version of the truth out there. It's all been documented, databased, and debated ad infinitum here, if you'd take the time to look it up for yourself. Everything you're attempting to formulate, in your assinine opinion, is located here, at Lancer, and at Prouty's. Go debate it where you'll find an audience to challenge you, since you obviously have worn out any conceivable welcome here.

For someone who's supposed to be an educator, you've proven how inexperienced you really are when it comes to accessing viable resources. Go back to the drawing board before expecting to garner any respect with what you've been attempting to pass off as acceptable work.

BTW, your picture bears an uncanny resemblance to Linda Byrd Johnson, circa 1962.

You never make any sense, so if you disagree with me, I'm on the right track.

"You never make any sense, so if you disagree with me, I'm on the right track."

You're a clown.

I hope everyone takes note on 11/22 what the tv and the press has to say on yet one more sad anniversary with the cover story still intact.

Two years ago our local rag, The Austin American Stateman, on the 40th anniversary devoted the entire front page to the occassion. Only problem was it featured the nonsense of Ken Rahn. I was revolted. Austin is a very progressive town and we deserved better coverage than the rantings of some Lone nutter.

My letter to the ed of protest was not published, but my husband's was.

In 93 I had a long letter to the ed. published here and it was responded to by former AG Wagonner Carr. It was filled with lies, outrages ones. For example he said that he himself had fired Oswald's rifle and was "easily able to get off the 3 shots in 5.6 seconds". He tried to insult me by comparing me to ("the fradulent") Oliver Stone, but I took that as a great compliment!!

Please report coverage (if any) on the forum. I am still waiting to see the word "alleged" placed before the word assassin.

Dawn

• 1 year later...

Al Jazeera held an interesting discussion on political assassinations,

. They list several state sponsored assassinations as precedent to the current Israeli policy, citing the murders of Trotsky and Julius Caesar. They also mention the possibility of state involvement in the assassination of JFK. I find this quite a bold statement, this confirms my sentiments that Al Jazeera is the thinking mans news media, which conducts itself in a scholarly methodology of political interpretation.

I suggest that memebers take a look at this clip, it is the first of two.

John

. They list several state sponsored assassinations as precedent to the current Israeli policy, citing the murders of Trotsky and Julius Caesar. They also mention the possibility of state involvement in the assassination of JFK. I find this quite a bold statement, this confirms my sentiments that Al Jazeera is the thinking mans news media, which conducts itself in a scholarly methodology of political interpretation.

John

Interesting viseo. Maybe Al Jazeera would be interested in interviewing David Talbot. Two of the experts claimed that political assassinations are rarely successful in achieving their objectives. However, that was not the case in the assassination of JFK, RFK and MLK.

John

Interesting viseo. Maybe Al Jazeera would be interested in interviewing David Talbot. Two of the experts claimed that political assassinations are rarely successful in achieving their objectives. However, that was not the case in the assassination of JFK, RFK and MLK.

Hello!!!!

I hope most of you are reading the last post first here because.........

I want the forum members to know that in many of the past threads that I have read , links placed by Ms Foster in her posts were said to contain viruses. This may or may not be true, but don't risk it!!!!

Please be very careful with opening any of them!!!!!!!!!!

Kathy Beckett

"I want the forum members to know that in many of the past threads that I have read, links placed by Ms Foster in her posts were said to contain viruses. This may or may not be true, but don't risk it!!!!

Please be very careful with opening any of them!!!!!!!!!!

Kathy Beckett"

Yes, sweet child. We all became infected with it at the time. Even Gerry Hemming cried foul over that one! I'm just surprised John or Andy hadn't eliminated her tripe from the forum, or at least checked to see if her links still carried those active viruses. All the more reason to wipe her from the face of the database server, wouldn't you think? A totally toxic individual, in more ways than one.

Ter

Mellens Book is the most thoroughly documented examples of disinformation about any single figure that I have ever read.

It includes direct quotes from the disinformers themselves, and documents the connections between intelligence agencies and journalists within Newsweek, NBC, The Miami Herald, The Washington Post, and many other publications.

As such is should be read as much as a study of disinformation as of Garrison himself.

Hmmm...Mellen wrote that Bobby Kennedy had a secret assassin team made up from the Cuban Exiles who didn't hate the President. They were planning to kill Castro and not even tell the President about it. So Bobby Kennedy didn't think much of his brother's stratagems or his intelligence. I have never read anywhere else that Bobby was doing this. That the 2 Kennedys were going to assassinate Castro on Dec 1/Dec 2, 1963 is more believable.

Kathy

• 5 years later...

I hope everyone takes note on 11/22 what the tv and the press has to say on yet one more sad anniversary with the cover story still intact.

Two years ago our local rag, The Austin American Stateman, on the 40th anniversary devoted the entire front page to the occassion. Only problem was it featured the nonsense of Ken Rahn. I was revolted. Austin is a very progressive town and we deserved better coverage than the rantings of some Lone nutter.

My letter to the ed of protest was not published, but my husband's was.

In 93 I had a long letter to the ed. published here and it was responded to by former AG Wagonner Carr. It was filled with lies, outrages ones. For example he said that he himself had fired Oswald's rifle and was "easily able to get off the 3 shots in 5.6 seconds". He tried to insult me by comparing me to ("the fradulent") Oliver Stone, but I took that as a great compliment!!

Please report coverage (if any) on the forum. I am still waiting to see the word "alleged" placed before the word assassin.

Dawn

Fifty years later and you'll still be waiting, Dawn. The following excerpt from a CBS News article is a typical example.

One exhibit, titled "Three Shots Were Fired," follows the events and news coverage that unfolded after Kennedy was shot in Dallas on Nov. 22, 1963. It will be on view until January, along with an extensive exhibition of photographs by Kennedy's personal photographer, titled "Creating Camelot."

For the first time, the museum is showing items from assassin Lee Harvey Oswald at the time of his arrest. The display includes Oswald's clothing, a jacket that police believe he discarded, his wallet, and the wallet's contents, including a card with the address of the Soviet embassy. There's also a blanket that was used to hide Oswald's rifle in a friend's garage. The objects are on loan from the National Archives.

http://www.cbsnews.c...for-first-time/

The word alleged (pertaining to Oswald) is likely to remain largely absent from the major media's lexicon during the months and years to come.

[

The word alleged (pertaining to Oswald) is likely to remain largely absent from the major media's lexicon during the months and years to come.

Biography: http://educationforu...l=michael hogan

Indeed Mike. When I was in law school I came up with aa

[ Indeed Mike. When I was in law school and learned of the concept of "standing" I came up with the idea for a lawsuit. Just to get that one work put in front of the name LHO. Obviously I had way more in mind, but I would need someone from the Kennedy family or the Oswald family. To that end I eventually was able to contact June Porter Oswald, but she had already been gotten to and poisoned. Years later I found her sister Rachel right here and Austin. Alas, she'd been gotten to by the same person. Allegedly. June actually told me she was angry due to the actions of someone- (who shall remain unnamed). . I was told by a researcher about Rachel's experience. So my lawsuit idea remains just that.. An idea, a hope.

Dawn

The lamestream media will never change. As the 50th gets closer expect it to get worse. .