The Education Forum

Who was Johnson Aide "Minesport"?

Hi all,

In the DPD transcripts is a reference to a Johnson Aide named Minesport who was arriving into Dallas around 2:00 P.M. on the 22nd. I have been unable to find a single reference to this person in any of the archives, databases, libraries, etc.

Does anyone know who this person was?

Also, in the transcripts there is mention of a "Mrs. Connally" arriving in Dallas by airplane after the shooting of JBC. Who was this Mrs. Connally?

Finally, in these transcripts, mention is made of a Dr. from Galveston was being flown in to operate upon JBC.

I was under the impression that Parkland Drs. had done the work on JBC?

I realize that these questions have little bearing upon the assassination of JFK. However, not knowing the answers to these questions has been bugging me for some time now. :huh:

If anyone has the answers to any of these questions, and would care to enlighten me, I would appreciate it very much.

Thank you,

Chuck

Hi all,

In the DPD transcripts is a reference to a Johnson Aide named Minesport who was arriving into Dallas around 2:00 P.M. on the 22nd. I have been unable to find a single reference to this person in any of the archives, databases, libraries, etc.

Also, in the transcripts there is mention of a "Mrs. Connally" arriving in Dallas by airplane after the shooting of JBC. Who was this Mrs. Connally?

Finally, in these transcripts, mention is made of a Dr. from Galveston was being flown in to operate upon JBC.

I realize that these questions have little bearing upon the assassination of JFK. However, not knowing the answers to these questions has been bugging me for some time now. :huh:

If anyone has the answers to any of these questions, and would care to enlighten me, I would appreciate it very much.

Thank you,

Chuck

Does anyone know anything about this "minesport"? Anyone?

Edited by Mark Stapleton

Because I think it would be very interesting if this could be pursued.............has anyone ever heard of this "minesport"?

Chuck, could you point to the relevant transcript , please?

Edited by John Dolva

John,

I'm unable to provide the link but the tapes and transcript can be accessed via the McAdams site.

1.44 pm on channel 2. Dispatcher advises 5 (Deputy Chief George Lumpkin) that a Johnson aide named minesport will arrive at 2.05 and would he inform the Secret Service.

That's the only reference on the tape.

John,

I'm unable to provide the link but the tapes and transcript can be accessed via the McAdams site.

1.44 pm on channel 2. Dispatcher advises 5 (Deputy Chief George Lumpkin) that a Johnson aide named minesport will arrive at 2.05 and would he inform the Secret Service.

Ok, Thank you Mark. While waiting, I checked online anagram generator as I often do for such things for inspiration. One among many anagrams (and prob means nothing) is SNIPER TOM.

ps another thought is that as its a writing of a verbal message perhaps noted by a southern accented person of a northern speaker maybe the actual word/names something diff from minesport?

Edited by John Dolva

Hi all,

I realize that these questions have little bearing upon the assassination of JFK. However, not knowing the answers to these questions has been bugging me for some time now. :lol:

Thank you,

Chuck

1. Connally's "Private Physician" arrived to take over the treatment of JBC.

2. The Mrs. Connally, apparently refers to the wife of Merrill Connally, JBC's brother. JBC & Merrill Connally did not see "eye to eye" on many issues.

3. The last is merely speculation.

Lastly, one of the above has a bearing on the Warren Commission lie.

John,

Ok, Thank you Mark. While waiting, I checked online anagram generator as I often do for such things for inspiration. One among many anagrams (and prob means nothing) is SNIPER TOM.

ps another thought is that as its a writing of a verbal message perhaps noted by a southern accented person of a northern speaker maybe the actual word/names something diff from minesport?

Sniper Tom, eh?. I like it. Any more?

There might be a logical explanation for this obscure character but the problem is this,--why is it so difficult to establish who he was? Who didn't want us to know?

Gerry Hemming has made a lengthy post on another thread. It demonstrates what "Minesport" was.

Here is what he wrote:

The term "Minesport" [which is similar sounding, but incorrect for that era] referred to a backup football which was ordered sent by the Looking Glass CT commander at approx. 1627 hours G.M.T.

See his Post (#20) on the thread Oliver Stone's "JFK".

Edited by Tim Gratz

Gerry Hemming has made a lengthy post on another thread. It demonstrates what "Minesport" was.

Here is what he wrote:

The term "Minesport" [which is similar sounding, but incorrect for that era] referred to a backup football which was ordered sent by the Looking Glass CT commander at approx. 1627 hours G.M.T.

With that in mind it could be mien prot or aspect protocol (conduct protocol) or 'rules' ?

Here is what he wrote:

Thank you, Tim. I just read Gerry's post. However, does it explain the dispatcher's message to George Lumpkin at 1.44pm (or 1344 hours)? Why the time discrepancy? And why is it mentioned over the DPD radio? Forgive my ignorance on this, but its a bit confusing.

Here is what he wrote:

Thank you, Tim. I just read Gerry's post. However, does it explain the dispatcher's message to George Lumpkin at 1.44pm (or 1344 hours)? Why the time discrepancy? And why is it mentioned over the DPD radio? Forgive my ignorance on this, but its a bit confusing.

------------------------------

Mark:

You misread my post. There is NO time discrepancy !! NOTICE the G.M.T. after the 1627 hours -- all aviation, Intell, and "snuffy" entities operate on "GREENWICH MEAN TIME" [Ya know, that Prime Meridian that Simkin's folks established during the "Great Depression" [of A.D. 1678].

This is what gave the lie to the bum-wipe excuse that: "...The USS Essex (CVA) aircraft carrier fighters didn't arrive in time to support the BOP B-26s due to the FACT??!! that one party was on "local" time, and the "OTHER" party was on a different time..."!! What a bunch of bullxxxx, both Playa Giron and "Happy Valley" [JM/TIDE] at Puerto Cabezas, Nicaragua even today are on MIAMI TIME, and ALL aircraft involved in JM/ATE operations, which began during mid-1960, always were on the routine G.M.T. !!

Moreover, ALL "Operation Puma" Bomber & Paratroop aircraft were on GMT, as were the folks in the "Hunter-Killer Carrier Task Force", and moreover, as is common in both military and civil aviation -- ALL aircraft altimeters were set at "QNH" [29.92 inches of Mercury].

One late night, back during the 1970s, I was on a "Red-Eye" flight out of Atlanta and enroute to Miami. I recognized the A/C skippers voice as he gave his name -- "...Good Evening...this is Capt. Ferrer..." -- so I took a napkin and wrote "B.A. 2506". gave it to the "stew", and within a minute Eddy Ferrer was sitting alongside me. We updated recent histories, and mentioned mutual friends and their latest shnenanigans.

Capt. Eduardo Ferrer took on a bitter look when I "re-hashed" the phony BOP time story; but that didn't keep him from spending the entire flight chatting -- that is, until the nice lady told him that the nice "2nd Officer" would love to have him up front for the Miami landing [around 4 AM MIA time].

Dallas was then on CST [Central Standard Time]. Miami is on EST. I was hoping that somebody might notice the very interesting "speculation" that the NSA Looking Glass CT Commander issued that order fully ONE HOUR before the motorcade reached D.P. ??!!

Cheers,

Gerry

Here is what he wrote:

------------------------------

Mark:

You misread my post. There is NO time discrepancy !! NOTICE the G.M.T. after the 1627 hours -- all aviation, Intell, and "snuffy" entities operate on "GREENWICH MEAN TIME" [Ya know, that Prime Meridian that Simkin's folks established during the "Great Depression" [of A.D. 1678].

This is what gave the lie to the bum-wipe excuse that: "...The USS Essex (CVA) aircraft carrier fighters didn't arrive in time to support the BOP B-26s due to the FACT??!! that one party was on "local" time, and the "OTHER" party was on a different time..."!! What a bunch of bullxxxx, both Playa Giron and "Happy Valley" [JM/TIDE] at Puerto Cabezas, Nicaragua even today are on MIAMI TIME, and ALL aircraft involved in JM/ATE operations, which began during mid-1960, always were on the routine G.M.T. !!

Moreover, ALL "Operation Puma" Bomber & Paratroop aircraft were on GMT, as were the folks in the "Hunter-Killer Carrier Task Force", and moreover, as is common in both military and civil aviation -- ALL aircraft altimeters were set at "QNH" [29.92 inches of Mercury].

One late night, back during the 1970s, I was on a "Red-Eye" flight out of Atlanta and enroute to Miami. I recognized the A/C skippers voice as he gave his name -- "...Good Evening...this is Capt. Ferrer..." -- so I took a napkin and wrote "B.A. 2506". gave it to the "stew", and within a minute Eddy Ferrer was sitting alongside me. We updated recent histories, and mentioned mutual friends and their latest shnenanigans.

Capt. Eduardo Ferrer took on a bitter look when I "re-hashed" the phony BOP time story; but that didn't keep him from spending the entire flight chatting -- that is, until the nice lady told him that the nice "2nd Officer" would love to have him up front for the Miami landing [around 4 AM MIA time].

Dallas was then on CST [Central Standard Time]. Miami is on EST. I was hoping that somebody might notice the very interesting "speculation" that the NSA Looking Glass CT Commander issued that order fully ONE HOUR before the motorcade reached D.P. ??!!

Cheers,

Gerry

Gerry,

Thanks for that. The old time zone trick, eh?

• 9 years later...

Here we are, nearly ten years later, and despite the nice response from the late Mr. Hemming, I am still unsure of his answer. I did, however, stumble across a reference to the second floor Dal-Tex "shooters window" being owned by a Mining company. Whether that is a fact or not? I do not know.

Now, mines port, not minesport, sounds like it might be a coded reference to the location of a sniper. A port is an opening, be it a door or a window.

Just another wacky coincidence? Probably just my wacky imagination.