The Education Forum

Jack Ruby and Officer Tippit.

I believe the purpose of the Tippet murder was a very pivitol point in catching Oswald.

(1) The original plan was to kill Oswald at 10th and Patten. Jack Ruby, so boldly killing Oswald in front of millions of people demonstrated that those in the "know" did not want Oswald in police custody that Friday afternoon. That plan did not work out.

(2) Tippet might have or might not have known everything but he was at Tenth and Patton at a time when Oswald could have been walking by. How neatly the case would have ended if a heroic policeman would have killed Oswald there. I believe Oswald never showed, and another man or two killed Tippet. Tippet probably never knew about such a backup plan in case Oswald did not show. Witnesses describe men other than Oswald standing near Tippet immediately after he was shot. I believe another man was used here to be seen running away from the Tippet murder site towards where Oswald was eventually caught.

I write this about the Tippet murder because if the event never happened at all, how would the police explain being in that part of the city that day, so far from the TSBD? If Oswald would not die at Tenth and Patton, at least the police could explain their motive for being in that area with Tippet being murdered in the street. Since Tippet was not going to be the hero, his death could fuel a greater public outrage against Lee Oswald. Who was it that said, "I knew we had the man who shot the President because he just shot Officer Tippet".

The person who wrote the above letter published on the Internet has made some very interesting points which in my opinion, clearly reflect Mafia complicity in the Kennedy Assassination cover up.

Interestingly, I have heard that the murder of Tippit had convinced Jackie Kennedy that Oswald had acted alone. Jackie was an intelligent lady, but even intelligent people are constantly duped.

Lynne wrote:

I believe the purpose of the Tippet murder was a very pivitol point in catching Oswald.

I always had the impression, that the murder of Tippit played a bigger role than just being a victim of Oswald. “Oswald killed Tippit in an act of self-defence to avoid being captured” this is the version we should believe and many do. No other motive than coincidence, just because they crossed each others way? The killing itself, 4 shots and one of them almost at point blank in Tippit’s temple, speaks another language. It looks more like someone had to be silenced at all costs. IMO the Tippit killing was essential for the entire case, essential to build a case around LHO. Without it, the evidences against Oswald would have been very poor.

George

Lynne wrote:

I always had the impression, that the murder of Tippit played a bigger role than just being a victim of Oswald. “Oswald killed Tippit in an act of self-defence to avoid being captured” this is the version we should believe and many do. No other motive than coincidence, just because they crossed each others way? The killing itself, 4 shots and one of them almost at point blank in Tippit’s temple, speaks another language. It looks more like someone had to be silenced at all costs. IMO the Tippit killing was essential for the entire case, essential to build a case around LHO. Without it, the evidences against Oswald would have been very poor.

George

I can't disagree more. Oswald's picture was plastered in the newspaper on November 23, 1963, and if Tppit was even mentioned, he was a footnote.

The claim that a Communist shot Kennedy was the big story.

And don't forget, Nixon called Hoover pretending that he wanted to learn about the assassination and Hoover told him that a Communist had killed Kennedy.

I think Tippit got in the way of the plot to implicate the "Communist".

Lynne wrote:

George

I can't disagree more. Oswald's picture was plastered in the newspaper on November 23, 1963, and if Tppit was even mentioned, he was a footnote.

And don't forget, Nixon called Hoover pretending that he wanted to learn about the assassination and Hoover told him that a Communist had killed Kennedy.

Hello Lynne

I believe Tippit would have driven LHO to redbird airport. Crew on the airport said that there were an unknown airplane who stood there with the engine on.

They also found a spare policeuniform in Tippis car.

Tippits real killer can be seen here: http://www.jfkmurdersolved.com/tip.htm

Mark

Edited by Mark Johansson

Of course was LHO picture in every newspaper on November 23, he just shot the President one day ago and everybody wanted to know who this guy was. The fact that Oswald killed a cop was, as you mentioned, a footnote but used to show what a dangerous person he was and that he would not hesitate using a weapon if necessary. I’m no lawyer so I might get this completely wrong but IMO without the Tippit killing the case against Oswald was not very strong.

A/Nobody saw him firing the rifle, those who claimed they did weren’t very credible. (Brennan)

B/They had the Carcano rifle that was traced back to Oswald but no fingerprints on it.

C/No paraffin was found on Oswald's face which would have not only shown he had recently fired a rifle but comparison analysis of the unburned and partially burned powder residue would have established a forensic connection between the man and the rifle.

D/The timeline between the last shot and the encounter with DPD Marion Baker in which Oswald

looked calm would rather speak for his innocence than his guilt.

What is your theory to that? Did he get in the way by coincidence or as a part of his role in the plot?

George

Of course was LHO picture in every newspaper on November 23, he just shot the President one day ago and everybody wanted to know who this guy was. The fact that Oswald killed a cop was, as you mentioned, a footnote but used to show what a dangerous person he was and that he would not hesitate using a weapon if necessary. I’m no lawyer so I might get this completely wrong but IMO without the Tippit killing the case against Oswald was not very strong.

A/Nobody saw him firing the rifle, those who claimed they did weren’t very credible. (Brennan)

B/They had the Carcano rifle that was traced back to Oswald but no fingerprints on it.

C/No paraffin was found on Oswald's face which would have not only shown he had recently fired a rifle but comparison analysis of the unburned and partially burned powder residue would have established a forensic connection between the man and the rifle.

D/The timeline between the last shot and the encounter with DPD Marion Baker in which Oswald

looked calm would rather speak for his innocence than his guilt.

What is your theory to that? Did he get in the way by coincidence or as a part of his role in the plot?

George

I disagree, the case was very strong because they had the so-called snipers nest.

I should qualify that. Oswald had to be dead for the case against him to be strong.

As for theories regarding Tippit, there are many possibilities. He could have been instructed to shoot Oswald and declined, he could have overheard something about the Kennedy assassination, about cop-friendly, Jack Ruby, etc. etc. etc.

Unfortunately, it is impossible to say for sure, without a good lead.

Or perhaps, as you suggest, it was just an effort to create the impression that Oswald was violent, so they pinned the death of one innocent man on him, to make his alleged complicity in the Kennedy assassination more believable. It certainly fooled Jackie, didn't it?