The Education Forum

Patrol Car #337

Does anybody have any information on Patrol Car #337?

It is shown at an odd angle on the Elm Street Extension on Roberdeau’s diagram.

Any information on the car at all is appreciated,

Adam,

Is this the vehicle in question on the left of frame below?

I remember reading somewhere that this car was parked over an alleged pool of blood. Does anyone have any information about that?

James

Roberdeau's plat doesn't account for the loading dock / extended edifice off the back-end of the TSBD. The car seen in the first photo may be the one he is recording on his plat - however, it doesn't appear that it is a DPD Patrol car? Lettering is of a different size, no siren, etc. Comparison with Car 10 [Tippit]. Don should be the one to address the question as to where the car was parked - but I think the Croft photo would be closer to the car he documented. The one seen in the background in the Croft crop attached - at left - which would place it close to the Pergola Shelter. Sorry for the poor crop.

The story I was told was that the car seen in the first photo - [crop at right in the attached] which would be on our left, on the Elm Street Extension, at the sidewalk, close to the loading dock, was the car driven by an FBI agent, that heard the news of the shooting and raced to the area, arriving within minutes, and parking over a pool of blood. When I attempted to go back to the source for this account, the details were not recalled.

- lee

Edited by Lee Forman

Hey James.

Is this the same car in the backround, just to the right of the photo.

Could well be, Robin.

BTW, what does the cop on the right have in his right hand? Is that a revolver? Is this guy Dirty Harry?

James

Looks like the stock is resting on the car hood and the holstered revolver handle masking the rifle/shotgun trigger area

Looks like the stock is resting on the car hood and the holstered revolver handle masking the rifle/shotgun trigger area (John Dolva)

You are of course correct, John. Well done.

I'll put my incompetence down to an excessive amount of Christmas cheer. Happy holidays to all.

James

Edited by James Richards

Does anybody have any information on Patrol Car #337?

It is shown at an odd angle on the Elm Street Extension on Roberdeau’s diagram.

Any information on the car at all is appreciated,

Hi Adam, Thanks for getting this posted. I like to bet on things and I would be inclined to bet heavily that no one responds !

I take Walt Brown's Quarterly and he had references to Harrison and Stephen Pegues.

If you come across more info on these two I would like to see it.

Have a good year, John