The Education Forum

Patrol Car #337

Can't answer your question, but look at the guy walking past the car. Why does his left leg look much longer than the other one, and why is his left foot still planted almost flat? Weird. He reminds me of my poor efforts as a kid to draw human beings.

I've wondered before if this is the same "Lansdale" guy photographed walking past the three tramps by the TSBD.

Can't answer your question, but look at the guy walking past the car. Why does his left leg look much longer than the other one, and why is his left foot still planted almost flat? Weird. He reminds me of my poor efforts as a kid to draw human beings.

I've wondered before if this is the same "Lansdale" guy photographed walking past the three tramps by the TSBD.

Ron and Adam,

He's the guy with the resemblance to Maxwell Taylor. The back of the head is a close match, IMO.

This means he was photographed at DP and also the Tippit murder scene. He's got a keen interest in the case for an innocent bystander.

Mark,

The above photo was taken on the Elm Street extension, not at the Tippit scene.

But you're right about the resemblance to Taylor. Note the same wavy hair. If this is indeed the same guy who walked past the tramps, he is walking back the other way in this photo. (Or if this photo was taken first, he walked from the knoll area to the TSBD, then walked back the other way when passing the tramps.)

Ron

Mark,

The above photo was taken on the Elm Street extension, not at the Tippit scene.

But you're right about the resemblance to Taylor. Note the same wavy hair. If this is indeed the same guy who walked past the tramps, he is walking back the other way in this photo. (Or if this photo was taken first, he walked from the knoll area to the TSBD, then walked back the other way when passing the tramps.)

Ron

My mistake. On the issue of "flatfoot", he's clearly the tramp walker (same clothes, same build and same hair). Whether or not he's Taylor is more of a problem but his claim that he was in Washington must be viewed with an element of doubt.

Adam,

On p. 494 of Pictures of the Pain, Trask says of this photo, "Photographic researcher Richard Sprague later identified the Dallas police officer standing near the parked police cruiser at the left as Elvin M. Perdue, with Sam Webster behind him."

Ron

Looks like the number is

possibly

1642, except it's possibly 1643, there is a slight curvature when edge detecting that indicates a possible 3. It would be nice to see other versions in other save formats. The last two letters on the lower line could be RE,AC the first in that line may be N

Looks like the number is

possibly

1642, except it's possibly 1643, there is a slight curvature when edge detecting that indicates a possible 3. It would be nice to see other versions in other save formats. The last two letters on the lower line could be RE,AC the first in that line may be N

I am thinking it is 1644, I am trying to enhance it though. From preliminary enhancement of the bottom half I get F81 183 38JC