The Education Forum

Sovereignty Commission Files

John Dolva

Okay, John, it's time to put up or -----.

Please cite one supportable reference that either WFB, Jr. or BG opposed blacks voting.

Forget the BS from the book. I want to see a reference that can be documented.

You can call me Thomas.

I will not stake any limb (or even any digit) on the author being wrong or misinterpreting things but John I think you should have enough intellectual discrimination to realize that not everything included in a book is true.

So I await the proof of the statements made by Judis.

Edited by Tim Gratz

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All names indexed

I wonder which Sovereignty Commission Agent was assigned to infiltrate the FPCC?

EDIT:: red highlight by me.

Tim, In the Sovereignty files there is a note of all those who voted to send the civil rights measure re voting rights to "its death in the Eastland Committee."

Goldwater is a signatory.

All names indexed

I wonder which Sovereignty Commission Agent was assigned to infiltrate the FPCC?

EDIT:: red highlight by me.

Tim, In the Sovereignty files there is a note of all those who voted to send the civil rights measure re voting rights to "its death in the Eastland Committee."

Goldwater is a signatory.

It's not quite that black and white Tim. Dirkson refused to stop or participate in stopping an attempted filibuster by Eastland in the opening attack on the CR bill. He did say elsewhere he would support MLK but qualified it by saying only if he (Dirkson) maintains control of the process.

There is little critique of Dirkson in the Sovereignty files as far as I can see. There are expressions of support and there are clippings of an alledged physical assault by Dirkson on a welfare recipient protesting against restrictions on welfare.

There are such things as people wishing to position themselves for future actions. It may be that Dirkson, like Goldwater was an opportunist. However someone else will have to deal with that. I'm not interested in wandering off into relative irrelevances and would prefer to investigate the infiltration of the FPCC by Sovereignty Commission agents.

John, I would agree with you that this thread has gotten off the track you started.

It is peculiar how these threads do wander.

The latest postings on the thread: "Tim Gratz: Right Wing Extremist" (I never was, BTW) relate tp Desmond Fitzgerald and Rolando Cubela, neither of whom I knew and neither of whom could be classified as a right wing extremist!

John I would credit this but there must be more to it because I note that another name on the list was Everett Dirksen. Dirksen was a great supporter of civil rights who was instrumental in the passage of the CRA of 1964 (which Goldwater opposed).

Could you provide me with any examples of Dirksen campaigning for Civil Rights legislation before 1964?

You should read The Case Against Congress by Drew Pearson & Jack Anderson on Everett Dirksen. The authors consider Dirksen to be one of the most corrupt politicians in American history. Interestingly, they argue that he was under the control of Lyndon Johnson. This is illustrated by the released tapes of the telephone conversations of the two men. For example, Dirksen did everything he could to stop the publication of Don Reynolds' secret testimony to the Senate Rules Committee on the day that JFRK was assassinated.

An interesting post John. You might be right about Dirksen. But if LBJ controlled Dirksen and got his support for the CRA of 1964, why could Johnson not get him to support the VRA of 1965?

Have you now become a fan of Jack Anderson's?

John, I think you would enjoy the book "An American Melodrama" and would find some interesting material in it. It details the corruption of Governor George Wallace.

"I wonder which Sovereignty Commission Agent was assigned to infiltrate the FPCC?"

"EDIT:: red highlight by me."

It would appear that the name of a person assigned by the MSC. to investigate the FPCC in 1961 was A.L. Hopkins.

In June 30, 1961. The MSC. received a list of 230 FPCC members from R.J. Strickland, Chief Investigator of the Florida Legislative Investigation Committee. (I have trouble finding out if even a relative is coming on a flight. This man had access to full planeload lists. Would this have been easy in the 60's?)

( http://www.mdah.state.ms.us/arlib/contents...29|1|1|1|15678| )

What this means is that the MSC. was coooperating with intelligence agencies across the south in investigating the FPCC as early as 1961. It doesn't seem unreasonable that the Louisiana Sovereignty Commission, under John Deer, would be supplying member lists of FPCC members from that state as well.

"I wonder which Sovereignty Commission Agent was assigned to infiltrate the FPCC?"

It would appear that the name of a person assigned by the MSC. to investigate the FPCC in 1961 was A.L. Hopkins.

In June 30, 1961. The MSC. received a list of 230 FPCC members from R.J. Strickland, Chief Investigator of the Florida Legislative Investigation Committee. (I have trouble finding out if even a relative is coming on a flight. This man had access to full planeload lists. Would this have been easy in the 60's?)

What this means is that the MSC. was coooperating with intelligence agencies across the south in investigating the FPCC as early as 1961. It doesn't seem unreasonable that the Louisiana Sovereignty Commission, under John Deer, would be supplying member lists of FPCC members from that state as well.

list of 'discoveries' from the Mississippi Sovereignty files

Bannister was known, and probably a paid informant.

FPCC mambers were investigated.

Walker was closely tied.

The network of associates included the Dulles, Dan Smoot, Sims, and many powerful business and government figures. Beckwith, the assassin of Medgar Evers, was known to the head of the Commission and to Walker.

A major assault on the Civil Rights act of 1963 was started in july 1963. This was directed from New Orleans and was secret and many documants are classified so. It involved bodies and individual across the US but particularly in the south. By september, hundreds of thousands of dollars were earmarked for this assault. This assault involved not only public figures, but also covert ops from the various Agents involved in the southern intelligence community.

Thewre are indications of close ties to Hoover.

The Honourable Allen Dulles was kept well informed of the Sovereignty Commissions work

http://www.mdah.state.ms.us/arlib/contents...|1|1|1|1|44117|

The Honourable Allen Dulles was kept well informed of the Sovereignty Commissions work

http://www.mdah.state.ms.us/arlib/contents...|1|1|1|1|44117|

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

http://www.publiceye.org/welfare/Decades-o...tortion-02.html

"After Goldwater's defeat, the Right consciously focused59 on the "white backlash," particularly in the South,60 as a means of exploiting the racial tensions of the 1960s for political gain.61 Thus, at this critical time when welfare rolls were finally being opened to African Americans, AFDC, along with street crime, non-discriminatory housing, deteriorating neighborhoods, declining property values, school busing, and affirmative action, became banners which could popularize the Right's agenda.62

An example of the evolution of this strategy can be seen by following the coverage of welfare in Human Events, a leading Old Right publication which began in 1944 as a voice of the reactionary wing of the Republican Party. In the early 1960s, articles in Human Events routinely attacked many aspects of the War on Poverty, arguing that it took power away from local governments, brought with it all the associated problems of big government, contributed to business investment decline, and created counter-productive behavior on the part of recipients.63

The Johnson Administration's Great Society programs were accused of leading to "the virtual extinction of local government except as a minor bureaucratic instrumentality of federal power," and would "impose coerced conformity" instead of free enterprise, individuality, and personal freedom.64 Poverty programs would result in consolidated power in the hands of a few men who might abuse the system.65 The programs were portrayed as inefficient,66 primarily creating high salaries for bureaucrats,67 and resulting in political corruption.68 "

http://www.vdare.com/misc/050922_lamb_events.htm

"Human Events, a staunchly anti-Communist periodical that unapologetically defends Joseph McCarthy and Gen. Augusto Pinochet,"

Human Events in fact had a long history of publishing provocative commentary on race and politics and maintaining affiliations with segregationist-minded politicians and journalists.

It ran the writings of Major Gen. J. F. C. Fuller, a leading historian of military strategy and a former supporter of Oswald Mosley’s British Union of Fascists, and Professor Hans Sennholz, an economist and ex-Luftwaffe pilot who was also listed as a contributing editor of the John Birch Society’s American Opinion."

Human Events formed a backbone to the thinking of the Mississippi Sovereignty Commission. The John Birch Society trumpeted its cause. Dan Smoot of Dallas and Walker of Dallas were closely tied to all these.

Walker was closely tied.

The network of associates included the Dulles, Dan Smoot, Sims, and many powerful business and government figures. Beckwith, the assassin of Medgar Evers, was known to the head of the Commission and to Walker.

A major assault on the Civil Rights act of 1963 was started in july 1963. This was directed from New Orleans and was secret and many documants are classified so. It involved bodies and individual across the US but particularly in the south. By september, hundreds of thousands of dollars were earmarked for this assault. This assault involved not only public figures, but also covert ops from the various Agents involved in the southern intelligence community.

Since at least june 1961, Gen Birdsong of theMississippi Highway Patrol, was keeping an eye on the FPCC.

http://www.mdah.state.ms.us/arlib/contents...|4|1|1|1|43201|

Walker was closely tied.

Since at least june 1961, Gen Birdsong of theMississippi Highway Patrol, was keeping an eye on the FPCC.

John:

This, somewhat relates to the Chicago group of the FPCC who went to Cuba in 1961.

http://www.aarclibrary.org/publib/jfk/wc/w...H23_CE_1689.pdf

Go to CE1690 as relates to Lewis McWillie (close acquaintance of Jack Ruby) and his altercation with the Chicago grouping of the FPCC upon their return from Cuba in early 1961.

Since this scene produced no "well known actors", few are aware that the LHO New Orleans showing of the movie was, not unlike WAR OF THE WORLDS; KING KONG; etc. , a remake.

One will also find that Jack Ruby was completely aware of the first showing of the movie, as Lewis McWillie fully discussed it with him at a later date.

Therefore, Ruby had no difficulty in recognition of what the FPCC was when he corrected reporters at the Sheriff's Office in Dallas.

And lastly, one should not dismiss Ruby's visit to New Orleans, in which he, being a great lover of the art world, purchased two paintings from a store located directly across the street from where LHO performed the FPCC Altercation (II), which we of course know was filmed/photographed.

Tom

P.S. A good con will always work again, either in a different location, or even in the same location with time for people to forget.

Walker was closely tied.

John:

This, somewhat relates to the Chicago group of the FPCC who went to Cuba in 1961.

http://www.aarclibrary.org/publib/jfk/wc/w...H23_CE_1689.pdf

Go to CE1690 as relates to Lewis McWillie (close acquaintance of Jack Ruby) and his altercation with the Chicago grouping of the FPCC upon their return from Cuba in early 1961.

Since this scene produced no "well known actors", few are aware that the LHO New Orleans showing of the movie was, not unlike WAR OF THE WORLDS; KING KONG; etc. , a remake.

One will also find that Jack Ruby was completely aware of the first showing of the movie, as Lewis McWillie fully discussed it with him at a later date.

Therefore, Ruby had no difficulty in recognition of what the FPCC was when he corrected reporters at the Sheriff's Office in Dallas.

And lastly, one should not dismiss Ruby's visit to New Orleans, in which he, being a great lover of the art world, purchased two paintings from a store located directly across the street from where LHO performed the FPCC Altercation (II), which we of course know was filmed/photographed.

Tom

P.S. A good con will always work again, either in a different location, or even in the same location with time for people to forget.

You may need this one as well!

http://www.aarclibrary.org/publib/jfk/wc/w...H23_CE_1691.pdf

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Since at least june 1961, Gen Birdsong of the Mississippi Highway Patrol, was keeping an eye on the FPCC.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. It helps to be from the area, as well as having served in the MS National Guard, which holds Summer Camp at Camp Shelby, MS, which is just South of Hattiesburg.

"Colonel Birdsong" was also once at Camp Shelby, which has quite a history.

http://uboat.net/men/pow/recreation.htm

submitted in a report by Colonel T. B. Birdsong, Command-ing Officer of POW Camp Shelby, Mississippi, as of August 31, 1944, was as follows:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tom

P.S. General/Colonel T.B. Birdsong's mother was born in New Orleans, LA if that is of any help.