The Education Forum

Conspiracy: The Kennedys

John Simkin

Sky (owned by Rupert Murdoch) broadcast a reasonable documentary on the destruction of the careers of John, Robert and Edward Kennedy. Mathew Smith and Jim DiEugenio, were the two main investigators interviewed in the documentary. The program considered the Mafia but came out in favour of the theory that it was the CIA that was behind the destruction of the Kennedys. It also suggested that the CIA was behind the deaths of Marilyn Monroe and Mary Jo Kopechne.

Matthew Smith has a book out, Conspiracy: The Plot to Stop the Kennedys (NY: Citadel Press, 2005), which I assume tracks well with the documentary. I've leafed through it but haven't read it all yet. The book blames the destruction of the Kennedys on "CIA renegades" and "others, money rich and power hungry."

Matthew Smith has a book out, Conspiracy: The Plot to Stop the Kennedys (NY: Citadel Press, 2005), which I assume tracks well with the documentary. I've leafed through it but haven't read it all yet. The book blames the destruction of the Kennedys on "CIA renegades" and "others, money rich and power hungry."

The expession "CIA renegades" or "renegade intelligence" always sets off alarm bells for me and I prepare for the tsunami of disinformation which often follows that expression. It was a favorite term of LBJ when the CIA was his "suspect of the month", leaving me with a lifelong skepticism of that expression.

The expession "CIA renegades" or "renegade intelligence" always sets off alarm bells for me and I prepare for the tsunami of disinformation which often follows that expression. It was a favorite term of LBJ when the CIA was his "suspect of the month", leaving me with a lifelong skepticism of that expression.

Yeah, the usual expression I've seen is CIA "rogue agents." I don't buy it. You either work for the CIA or you don't.

There's a rogue underwriter at AIG who keeps raising my car insurance premium.

I recorded the documentary as I was in work when it was aired. I turned it off about 15 minutes through when the host began to interview a psychic who claimed to have a link to Marilyn Monroes body. Sky documentaries are abominable. They stated as fact that JFK had VD.

The documentary pretty much went in the same direction as Matthew Smiths book that Ron has already mentioned, which is a good read.

All in all it was a documentary worthy of the sun newspaper and was suitably dumbed down for all zombies to understand.

John

Ron wrote:

Yeah, the usual expression I've seen is CIA "rogue agents." I don't buy it. You either work for the CIA or you don't.

Unbelievable post from a man whose writing abilities I admire.

Ever heard of "double agents", Ron?

Was Aldrich Ames working for the CIA? Or for the KGB?

If a CIA agent works on behalf of a foreign government or acts on his own private agenda, he is acting outside his scope of authority and the CIA is not responsible for those acts.

You might as well argue that when an estranged postal worker bonkers out and goes on a shooting rampage the USPS is responsible. (And Shanet would ratchet it up to the Postmaster General.)

Edited by Tim Gratz

I recorded the documentary as I was in work when it was aired. I turned it off about 15 minutes through when the host began to interview a psychic who claimed to have a link to Marilyn Monroes body. Sky documentaries are abominable. They stated as fact that JFK had VD.

The documentary pretty much went in the same direction as Matthew Smiths book that Ron has already mentioned, which is a good read.

All in all it was a documentary worthy of the sun newspaper and was suitably dumbed down for all zombies to understand.

The interview with the psychic was the one bad thing about the documentary. However, the presenter rejected her evidence when she claimed that Marilyn Monroe had been killed by Robert Kennedy.

It included some good interviews, including testimony of the detective that was involved in investigating the death of Mary Jo Kopechne and the man who photographed the assassination of Robert Kennedy.

If you taped it, I suggest you watch the rest of the program.