The Education Forum

Carlos Marcello

Namebase entry for Carlos Marcello:

http://www.namebase.org/main1/Carlos-Marcello.html

Anderson,J. Peace, War, and Politics. 1999 (112-5, 121)

Andrew,J. Power to Destroy. 2002 (169-70)

Anson,R. They've Killed the President! 1975 (301-4, 310-2)

Brewton,P. The Mafia, CIA, and George Bush. 1992 (15-8, 24-30, 99, 120, 298, 313-7)

Davis,J. Mafia Dynasty. 1993 (83, 88, 93, 96, 122, 420)

Davis,J. Mafia Kingfish. 1989

Denton,S. Morris,R. The Money and the Power. 2001 (31, 133, 205, 239)

DiEugenio,J. Destiny Betrayed. 1992 (235, 364)

DiEugenio,J. Pease,L. The Assassinations. 2003 (84-5)

Duffy,J. Ricci,V. The Assassination of John F. Kennedy. 1992 (298-9)

Fensterwald,B. Coincidence or Conspiracy? 1977 (306-16)

Garrison,J. On the Trail of the Assassins. 1988 (288, 301, 304-5)

Giancana,S.& C. Double Cross. 1992 (141, 186, 205, 210, 210J, 258, 294, 298, 308, 354)

Groden,R. Livingstone,H. High Treason. 1990 (319, 378-9)

Hepburn,J. Farewell America. 1968 (103)

Hinckle,W. Turner,W. The Fish is Red. 1981 (206-7, 214, 336)

Hougan,J. Spooks. 1979 (97-8, 342)

Houston Post 1990-04-04 (A11)

Houston Post 1990-06-10 (A22)

Kantor,S. The Ruby Cover-up. 1992 (67-9, 263, 402-3)

King,D. Lyndon LaRouche and the New American Fascism. 1989 (351)

Kruger,H. The Great Heroin Coup. 1980 (16, 147)

LaFontaine,R.& M. Oswald Talked. 1996 (182)

Marrs,J. Crossfire. 1990 (164-7, 172, 268, 513)

Melanson,P. Spy Saga. 1990 (39-40)

Messick,H. Lansky. 1973 (86-7)

Moldea,D. Dark Victory. 1987 (234, 298, 318, 338-9)

Moldea,D. Interference. 1989 (105, 146-9, 296)

Moldea,D. The Hoffa Wars. 1978

Morrow,R. First Hand Knowledge. 1992 (22, 39, 41, 165, 188-93)

New Federalist 1994-01-03 (12)

Parapolitics (Paris) 1981-09 (2)

Penthouse 1981-10 (82)

Pepper,W. Orders to Kill. 1995 (134, 205, 212, 243-4, 332, 351, 375-6, 385-6)

Piper,M.C. Final Judgment. 1993 (58, 126-33, 244)

Pizzo,S. Fricker,M. Muolo,P. Inside Job. 1989 (xiii, 127, 231-2, 234, 238, 251, 259, 302, 358)

Playboy 1992-02 (145, 148-9)

Ragano,F. Raab,S. Mob Lawyer. 1994

Reid,E. Demaris,O. The Green Felt Jungle. 1964 (20, 26, 70-1)

Rolling Stone 1976-05-20 (49)

Russell,D. The Man Who Knew Too Much. 1992 (293, 393, 398-400, 516-21, 577, 580)

Sale,K. Power Shift. 1976 (85, 127-8, 190, 200, 222)

Scheim,D. Contract on America. 1988

Scott,P.D. Crime and Coverup. 1977 (16, 27, 46)

Scott,P.D. Deep Politics. 1993 (88, 98-9, 108-9, 156, 190-1, 219)

Scott,P.D. Marshall,J. Cocaine Politics. 1991 (52)

Scott,P.D... The Assassinations: Dallas and Beyond. 1976 (294-5)

Summers,A. Conspiracy. 1981 (285-91, 326, 337-42, 504-5)

Summers,A. Conspiracy. 1989 (489-90, 500-4)

Summers,A. Official and Confidential. 1993 (233, 325-32)

Summers,A. The Arrogance of Power. 2000 (213-4)

Syrokomsky,V. International Terrorism and the CIA. 1983 (236)

Thomas,K. Popular Alienation: A Steamshovel Press Reader. 1995 (57)

Turner,W. Rearview Mirror. 2001 (6-7, 136-7, 169-70)

Vankin,J. Conspiracies, Cover-ups, and Crimes. 1991 (112-3)

Washington Post 1992-01-17 (A14)

Washington Times 1991-11-30 (C12)

Secret Files That Would Have Proven James Earl Ray Not Guilty

March 22nd, 2006

In the first House Select Committee on Assassinations 1977 interview with James Earl Ray, Chief Counsel Richard Sprague agreed with Ray and his legal team that all materials concerning the assassination of Martin Luther King Jr. as well as President John F. Kennedy (including CIA, FBI and other intelligence agency files) should be made available to them as well as the committee. Mr. Sprague, Ray and Ray's legal team believed the files would produce evidence that Ray did not shoot Martin Luther King Jr.

One week later Richard Sprague was forced to resign his post because he found it impossible to do his job with the requirement that he sign a secrecy agreement before he could view the files he requested. He did not believe he could properly investigate a US Government Department or Agency if he agreed to keep secret the proof that Ray wasn't the assassin of King.

Chief Counsel Richard Sprague is heard saying that he too believes all CIA, FBI and other files having anything to do with the entire matter (MLK and JFK's assassination) should be made available to the committee and Ray's legal team. It is believed that the files will contain proof that Ray was 'handled' via methods used by the Intelligence services and set up to take the wrap for the MLK assassination.

It is now known that in the 1960's President Lyndon Johnson set up the 'Domestic Operations Division' (Another DOD) to carry out special operations within the United States which would be separate but support Defense Department, NSA and FBI operations of national security interest. CIA agents in the US and throughout the world could be directed from the White House via the use of a secret communication channel between the agent in the field and the President labeled CRITICOM (Critical Communication). In the execution of an assassination or what would be established as a legal execution of a clear and present danger to the national security of the United States of America a very simple VOCO (Verbal Order of the Commanding Officer) could be the triggering mechanism. This kind of operation would have no paperwork to prove that it ever happened and any coincidental evidence would be classified top secret and never released to the public until such time as it could be confused or would be useless for investigative purposes.

James Earl Ray, Attorneys Jack and Mary Kershaw and Gary Revel-Special Investigator and Richard Sprague believed that the CIA had files that would produce evidence of a US Government-Organized Crime connection with Martin Luther King Jr.'s assassination. Ray's admission that he was given a phone number by Raoul to call for instructions and help when needed connected organized crime. That phone number turned out to be the number for a motel in New Orleans owned by Mafia Boss Carlos Marcello.

Former D. C. Congressional Delegate Walter Fountroy chaired the House Select Committee on Assassinations for a period of time and discovered his telephones and television were bugged. Fauntroy said in a 1999 trial that Richard Sprague's replacement, Robert Blakey, did not follow up on James Earl Ray's request for files from the CIA and others. What is clear is that Mr. Blakey would have signed a secrecy agreement with the CIA and others for whatever information he received thus even if he knew today that James Earl Ray was innocent he would be legally bound not to say so.

http://www.bestsyndication.com/Articles/20...es_earl_ray.htm

Secret Files That Would Have Proven James Earl Ray Not Guilty

Ray's admission that he was given a phone number by Raoul to call for instructions and help when needed connected organized crime. That phone number turned out to be the number for a motel in New Orleans owned by Mafia Boss Carlos Marcello.

http://www.bestsyndication.com/Articles/20...es_earl_ray.htm

"Ray's admission?" The author is mischaracterising this issue as an "admission" by James Earl. It is no such thing.

The murder of Martin Luther King appears to have been organized along the same lines as the JFK assassination. The trademark of both these enormous crimes is the systematic deployment of the Red Herring. The apparent Connection between Carlos Marcello and the murder of MLK looks like a case in point.

I am assuming that the MarcelloMotelPhone story is true (I have not gone back to check), but if you believe a word of James Earl's, as Corretta Scott King did, then you expect that anything that happened to James Earl could well be the opposite of what it seems.

If I was put in charge of setting up James Earl, I would give myself two cookies and a pat on the posterior for dreaming up the clever idea of giving Marcello's phone number to poor stupid Jimmy Ray.

The author concludes with: "What is clear is that Mr. Blakey would have signed a secrecy agreement with the CIA and others for whatever information he received thus even if he knew today that James Earl Ray was innocent he would be legally bound not to say so."

Here the author of the article is offering a legal opinion without revealing the legal or other authority for the proposition he asserts. In the real world, if G. Robert Blakey ever reaches the point where he becomes convinced that James Earl Ray is completely innocent in the case of the murder of MLK, matteradamn what peice of paper Blakey may have signed, he will be under a solemn obligation to reveal his findings in a public forum, as well as directly to the State of Tennessee, to Congress, and to the FBI. The reasons why this is so will be perfectly obvious to Robert Blakey and to anyone who has any concern for ethical reasoning and decision-making.

Of course G. Robert Blakey has no need of any secret files to reach that conclusion. There is already more than enough proof of Ray's innocence in the pulic domain. The question is, does Blakey have the humility to recognise that Ray was innocent, and does he have the courage to proclaim that truth.

And I'm not just saying this because my name just happens to be Ray.

Out of deference to the memories of MLK, CSK and even poor old JER, I respectfully suggest that John Simkin's post on James Earl Ray be given a separate thread

Out of deference to the memories of MLK, CSK and even poor old JER, I respectfully suggest that John Simkin's post on James Earl Ray be given a separate thread

I already have. It is in the MLK section:

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=6406

Thank you. It just dawned on me that I go through life with blinkers on. I either did not notice, or had forgotten, that the forum has a whole section devoted to MLK.

• 2 years later...

G. Robert Blakey was interviewed by ABC News in 2003.

http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/JFKmarcello.htm

ABC News: In your book you point the finger squarely at Carlos Marcello and his organization. Why would he want to kill Kennedy?

Blakey: Carlos Marcello was being subject to the most vigorous investigation he had ever experienced in his life, designed to put him in jail. He was in fact summarily, without due process, deported to Guatemala. He took the deportation personally. He hated the Kennedys. He had the motive, the opportunity and the means in Lee Harvey Oswald to kill him. I think he did through Oswald.

ABC News: How central is Jack Ruby's murder of Oswald to your understanding of this case?

Blakey: To understand who killed President Kennedy and did he have help, I think you have to understand what happened to the assassin of President Kennedy, Lee Harvey Oswald. I see Jack Ruby's assassination of Lee Harvey Oswald as a mob hit.

This is in direct contradiction to the Warren Commission. The Warren Commission portrayed, wrongly I think, Jack Ruby as a wild card who serendipitously got into position to kill Oswald. I think in fact he stalked him. I can show you from the Warren Commission's evidence that he tried to get into where he was being interrogated, number one. That he tried to get in where there was going to be a lineup, number two. That he was seen around the garage, where he was announced that he was going to be moved. And we know, from Jack Ruby himself, that he had a gun with him at the time of the lineup.

I believe that Ruby was able to get in to kill Oswald through the corrupt cooperation of the Dallas P.D., that he was let in through a back door and he was given an opportunity to kill Oswald. I see that, therefore, as a mob hit. And if that's a mob hit, there is only one reason for it, and that is to cover up the assassination of the president himself. You kill the killer.

ABC News: Since you believe that Lee Oswald shot the president, and you also believe that Carlos Marcello was behind the assassination, what connections do you point to between Oswald and Marcello?

Blakey: I can show you that Lee Harvey Oswald knew, from his boyhood forward, David Ferrie, and David Ferrie was an investigator for Carlos Marcello on the day of the assassination, with him in a court room in New Orleans. I can show you that Lee Harvey Oswald, when he grew up in New Orleans, lived with the Dutz Murret family [one of Oswald's uncles]. Dutz Murret is a bookmaker for Carlos Marcello.

I can show you that there's a bar in New Orleans, and back in the '60s, bars used to have strippers and the strippers circuit is from Jack Ruby's strip joint in Dallas to Marcello-connected strip joints in the New Orleans area. So I can bring this connection.

Did Lee Harvey Oswald grow up in a criminal neighborhood? Yes. Did he have a mob-connected family? Did he have mob-connected friends? Was he known to them to be a crazy guy? He's out publicly distributing Fair Play for Cuba leaflets. If you wanted to enlist him in a conspiracy that would initially appear to be communist and not appear to be organized crime, he's the perfect candidate. Ex-Marine, marksman, probably prepared to kill the president for political reasons.

Could he be induced to kill the president for organized crime reasons unbeknownst to him? I think the answer is yes and compelling.

• 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Carlos Marcello confessed his role in killing JFK when he said that "I had the son of a bitch killed", according to this excerpt of an FBI document:

http://www.legacyofsecrecy.com/documents.html

As Lamar Waldron noted on this thread, that confession document is redacted.

Unfortunately, the majority of the FBI's Marcello files are withheld. See Waldron's article at http://www.maryferrell.org/wiki/index.php/...ns_Still_Secret and Legacy of Secrecy.

Was Marcello's confession exaggerated boasting or arrogant honesty?

Was he a pawn or the king on the chessboard?

Who - if anyone - above him was moving the pieces?

Without the Marcello and CAMTEX sting operation documents released, it's difficult if not impossible to fully evaluate Marcello's involvement.