The Education Forum

Isidro Borjas

Escalante says Isidro Borgas (Borjas) was the other guy (in white shirt and thin tie?) who helped LHO pass out the Fair Play for Cuba pamphlets in New Orleans in the famous photos that we've all seen. Anyone have a different photo of him that they can post? James? Robin? Anyone?

Just curious, Thomas

Escalante says Isidro Borgas (Borjas) was the other guy (in white shirt and thin tie?) who helped LHO pass out the Fair Play for Cuba pamphlets in New Orleans in the famous photos that we've all seen. Anyone have a different photo of him that they can post? James? Robin? Anyone?

Just curious, Thomas

Thomas,

Borja was not the guy in New Orleans. I have some photos of him at the Spartacus photo archives.

http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/1AABorja.htm

Cheers,

James

Just curious, Thomas

Thomas,

Borja was not the guy in New Orleans. I have some photos of him at the Spartacus photo archives.

http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/1AABorja.htm

Cheers,

James

James,

Thanks. I wonder why Escalante would say that. Disinformation or misinformation??

--Thomas

P.S. Would love to see more pictures of Edmund Kolby so I can decide for myself whether or not he was mascarading as drunk "Larry Florer" in Dealy Plaza right after the assassination. I must say that the only "Interpen" photo of Kolby I've seen looks one hell of a lot like "Florer." What do you think?

Edited by Thomas Graves

Thomas,

I'm not sure what Escalante's motives would have been but a quick comparison shows that Borja was not the man with Oswald in New Orleans.

As to Ed Kolby, I have asked him straight out regarding his possible presence in Dealey Plaza and he denies being there. He said he was in Canada at the time. He also denies that it was his name in Oswald's notebook as claimed by some.

FWIW.

James

Thomas,

I'm not sure what Escalante's motives would have been but a quick comparison shows that Borja was not the man with Oswald in New Orleans.

As to Ed Kolby, I have asked him straight out regarding his possible presence in Dealey Plaza and he denies being there. He said he was in Canada at the time. He also denies that it was his name in Oswald's notebook as claimed by some.

FWIW.

James

Thanks James,

Based on the one Interpen photo of Kolby I've seen on your great website, I'm about 80% certain in my own mind that he was the drunk (LOL) "Florer" in DP, but I would still like to see more photos of Mr. K. if possible.

--Thomas

Thomas,

FWIW.

James

Thanks James,

Based on the one Interpen photo of Kolby I've seen on your great website, I'm about 80% certain in my own mind that he was the drunk (LOL) "Florer" in DP, but I would still like to see more photos of Mr. K. if possible.

--Thomas

Thomas,

As to photos of Ed Kolby, I don't have any more of him circa early 1960's but here is a contemporary one of him and Howard K. Davis. Kolby on the left.

James

• 10 years later...

Just curious, Thomas

I'm bumping this thread for Paul Brancato so the "hot" Did Ruby Know Oswald ? thread doesn't get detailed.

By the way, please disregard the last post. We now know, thanks to my wonderful research many years ago, that the inebriated "Larry Florer" found in the County Records Building (some say it was the DalTex Building) was .................... , well, ..................................... an inebriated Larry Florer.

--Tommy :sun

Edited by Thomas Graves

Moved here from the Did Ruby Know Oswald? thread.

Tommy - Fabian Escalante said that the Latino with Oswald in NO was probably a man named Isidro Borja. I can't find photos of that man, or any info for that matter. I'm not trying to cast doubt on your excellent work, just providing the name in case someone here has anything to add.

Dear Paul,

Isidro Borja looks kinda skinny to me in these photos. And he wore glasses, too, apparently. (Seems like someone would have mentioned that.) He does have a lot of bumps on his face, however. I don't see a "one-inch scar on his left eyebrow." ... Also, remember that the guy at Ruby's joint said the Mexican / Spanish - looking guy had a "round face."

1AABorja1.jpg

-- Tommy :sun

ditto

Paul Brancato, on 02 Oct 2016 - 08:00 AM, said:snapback.png

Great - any biographical info?

Paul,

I don't remember what I've read about him to tell you the truth, and I'm kinda tired right now.

And regardless, I'm focusing on David Sanchez Morales.

Sincerely,

PS Short answer: No.

Ah ha. I do remember one thing. For a long time "researchers" were saying that Borja was the Mexican-looking guy helping LHO hand out flyers in front of the Trade Mart in New Orleans on August 16 (?), 1963, but I think that's been pretty much disproved.

ditto

Here's Borja, wearing sunglass

Great - any biographical info?

Paul,

I don't remember what I've read about him to tell you the truth, and I'm kinda tired right now.

And regardless, I'm focusing on David Sanchez Morales.

Sincerely,

PS Short answer: No.

Ah ha. I do remember one thing. For a long time "researchers" were saying that Borja was the Mexican-looking guy (more recently thought by some to be Ted Cruz's father, Rafael) helping LHO hand out flyers in front of the Trade Mart in New Orleans on August 16 (?), 1963, but I think that's been pretty much been disproved.

Here's Borja, wearing sunglasses and a dark shirt. He's standing next to Marita Lorenz. I think that's Gerry Patrick Hemming sitting down next to him. Frank Sturgis is the guy waving the pistol around over on the left.

Screenshot17.png

Borja is mentioned twice in this article by my buddy, Bill Kelley. (Press "Ctrl" and "F" at the same time and type Borja in the little search box to save some time.)

http://jfkcountercoup.blogspot.com/2010/10/david-atlee-phillips.html

I'm exhausted. Stayed up playing chess all night.

Edited by Thomas Graves

Thanks Tommy - I see where you moved everything and why. So I will post here that in the Bill Kelley article linked in your last post it says that Borja worked for or with Phillips. Curious no?