The Education Forum

Cubans in Minsk?

I was just reading George DeMohrenschildt's manuscript and came across a rather strange comment that he says Marina made one day when they were driving her to a dental clinic and she remarked on the attractiveness of a man in the street. She then says:

"Maybe the Cubans I met in Minsk were just as attractive"

What on earth would Marina be doing meeting with Cubans in Minsk?! I wouldn't have thought Russia would be a place where Cubans would be?

I don't know if I'm reading too much into this but I found this remark quite intriguing and wonder what on earth she was referring to?

I was just reading George DeMohrenschildt's manuscript and came across a rather strange comment that he says Marina made one day when they were driving her to a dental clinic and she remarked on the attractiveness of a man in the street. She then says:

"Maybe the Cubans I met in Minsk were just as attractive"

What on earth would Marina be doing meeting with Cubans in Minsk?! I wouldn't have thought Russia would be a place where Cubans would be?

I don't know if I'm reading too much into this but I found this remark quite intriguing and wonder what on earth she was referring to?

Francesca, there were indeed Cubans in Minsk, and LHO enjoyed their company, especially Albert, of whom there is a photo of the two together that I'm sure someone can post.

The Soviets invited the Cubans over to work in the Soviet system, but the Cubans in Minsk, like LHO, thought it too structured, and had a reputation for playing guitar and enjoying life.

BK

Edited by William Kelly

Francesca, there were indeed Cubans in Minsk, and LHO enjoyed their company, especially Albert, of whom there is a photo of the two together that I'm sure someone can post. (William Kelly)

Here it is, Bill. Someone once pointed out that Albert resembled Jean Souetre somewhat.

James

• 11 months later...